Eagles Question of the Day: Which NFC East running back would you trade for?

UK_EaglesFan89

Eagles Question of the Day: Which NFC East running back would you trade for?

Players don’t stay with teams forever, but inter-division trades aren’t the standard in the NFL... which is a shame, because there are some amazing running backs in the NFC East that I typically hate on Sundays, but envy just a little bit.

Trades and signings within a division don’t happen all that often, and when they do, they typically have a bit of a bad break-up vibe — think Donovan McNabb and DeSean Jackson to Washington. Sure, sometimes it’s purely a business decision, but going to your former team’s division rival is definitely a little more personal than, say, going from the NFC to the AFC.

Let’s look at most of the options (omitting rookies):

Dallas Cowboys RBs

New York Giants RBs

Washington RBs

So, for me, I think positive contributions to the locker room and the culture are super important, which is one of the reasons I would take Saquon Barkley. The others reasons to pick Barkley should be somewhat obvious — but, just in case:

He’s only in his third year, so he’s got plenty of miles left on his legs. Plus, alongside Miles Sanders, there would be a lot of future potential. Barkley is without question a three-down back, who can also add incredible value to the receiving game. In his rookie season against the Eagles, Barkley had a combined 231 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns, along with 140 receiving yards and a touchdown, in the two meetings.

Which NFC East running back would you trade for?

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/7/16/21321693/eagles-question-day-which-nfc-east-running-back-would-you-trade-for-saquon-barkley-ezekiel-elliott

The obvious answer is Barkley but quite frankly the correct answer is none. 

I wouldn't give up major assets, and a big contract, because we have a stud in Sanders.

Barkley, and it isn’t even close. Yeah Zeke is a good player, but I can’t Fing stand him. 

17 minutes ago, nipples said:

Barkley, and it isn’t even close. Yeah Zeke is a good player, but I can’t Fing stand him. 

Ditto

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Plus Barkley is better, more rounded and younger. Plus cheaper for now. 

Barkley.i give him a slight edge on talent.  Zeke has a good skillset and is competitive, but he seems very selfish and has the wrong kind of attitude.

In a vacuum, Barkley. Zeke is good, but like @nipples eluded to, he’s a turd. He also seemed to decline at the end of last year. He also got cooties. Dion Lewis is the only other I would consider giving up an asset for, but I really don’t even want to give up an asset for him, or take opportunities from any backs already here. 

1 hour ago, Rob331 said:

It's unanimous - it's Barkley

Zeke is really good.   Barkley is special.  It should be unanimous.  🙂

I think Zeke is the best RB out of them all but due to his character Id go with Barkley with Sanders right behind him. The contract to me is nothing big as they are only 1 year apart. Now Barkley does have a higher base contract in his current contract. 

However Ill say this this as well. The better option might be stay with Sanders just because of our scheme. We don't have a scheme that needs a superstar RB. Barkley won't get 20-30 snaps running the ball in Doug's offense so it would be a waste paying him and trading for a RB with that talent.