2024 Eagles Schedule Prediction Thread (UPDATED to reflect opener on Peacock AND possible Christmas Day game)

Wallyhorse

I was waiting for the Super Bowl result to do this because I felt if the 49ers had won the game they would have hosted the Cowboys in the opening game and then the Cowboys would have hosted the Eagles in Week 2 of Thursday night football.

Just some notes:

Under the rules that went into effect for 2023, teams can have TWO Thursday games on short weeks (Chiefs can have three Thursday night games since they host the opening game again), though no more than one such on the road and this excludes playing a Thursday night game on normal rest.

We now know there will be two games on Christmas Day 2024 when originally, the NFL was not expected to have Wednesday games.

The Eagles can play at home on Thursday or Monday in Week 2 and also on Thursday in Week 3 since the Phils are off or on the road those days.  I'm also assuming the NFL will have the Eagles on the road in October to avoid any potential conflicts with Phillies playoff games. 

Week 1 -- Friday, Sept. 6 vs. Packers in San Paolo, Brazil, 8:15 PM ET on Peacock (That game site, date and network are already confirmed but the actual start time is unknown at this point, the game will air locally on NBC10 since it is a Peacock game).

Week 2 -- Sunday, Sept. 15 at Giants, 1:00 PM ET on FOX
Week 3 -- Sunday, Sept. 22 vs. Falcons, 1:00 PM ET on FOX
Week 4 -- Sunday, Sept. 29 vs. Steelers, 4:25 PM ET on CBS
Week 5 -- Sunday, Oct. 6 at Buccaneers, 8:20 PM ET on NBC
Week 6 -- Bye Week
Week 7 -- Sunday, Oct. 20 at Commanders, 1:00 PM ET on FOX
Week 8 -- Monday, Oct. 28 at Saints, 8:15 PM ET on ESPN
Week 9 -- Sunday, Nov. 3 vs. Browns, 4:25 PM ET on CBS
Week 10 -- Sunday, Nov. 10 vs. Panthers, 1:00 PM ET on FOX
Week 11 -- Sunday, Nov. 17 at Bengals, 4:25 PM ET on CBS 
Week 12 -- Sunday, Nov. 24 vs. Giants, 1:00 PM ET on FOX
Week 13 -- Thursday, Nov. 28 at Ravens, 8:20 PM ET on NBC (Thanksgiving night, Thanksgiving is Week 13 this year)
Week 14 -- Thursday, Dec. 5 vs. Cowboys, 8:15 PM ET on Amazon Prime
Week 15 -- Sunday, Dec. 15 at Rams, 4:05/4:25 PM ET on FOX

Week 16 -- Saturday or Sunday, Dec. 21 or 22 vs Jaguars, if Saturday 8:15 PM ET on NFL Network, if Sunday 4:25 PM ET on CBS (Saturday would only be if the Eagles play Christmas Day, teams playing that day will play on Saturday in Week 16). 

Week 17 -- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, Dec. 25, 26, 27, 28 or 29 vs. Commanders, if Christmas Day 1:00 PM ET on FOX, if Thursday 8:15 PM ET on Amazon Prime, if Friday 8:15 PM ET or Saturday 1:00 PM ET on NFL Network, if Sunday 1:00 PM ET on FOX (likely NFL Network tripleheader in Week 17 due to calendar quirks and the expanded College Football Playoff)

Week 18 -- Saturday or Sunday, January 4 or 5 2025 at Cowboys, Time/Network TBD

With regard to the quirks: Normally, NFL Network gets a Saturday tripleheader in Week 15, however, this year the season is effectively a week earlier than it has been and because of that, the second Saturday in December, the last day the NFL is barred from having games air nationally to protect high school and college football is the Saturday of Week 15.  The NFL as of now is going to have at least two Saturday games in Week 16, however, due to the expanded College Football Playoff having one game Friday Night and three games that Saturday it is possible Congress and the College Football Playoff committee could intervene and take the NFL to court to block them from having games that Saturday, with a potential compromise being the NFL being allowed to have a tripleheader in Week 15 instead and teams playing Christmas Day instead having their bye week in Week 16 (Christmas Day starts Week 17) OR it is agreed to have the NFL and CFP switch with the NFL playing Thurs-Fri-Sat in Week 16 and the CFP that week on Sunday and Monday(the bans the NFL normally has to deal with on Friday and Saturday do not apply to Week 1 this year and next because those start with the second Friday in September and end with the second Saturday in December which was done that way after 9/11 in 2001 forced several college football and many high school football games to that week).

• 1 month later...

Bringing this back up to note the opening game will be on Peacock (also likely NBC10 in Philly) and the possibility of another Christmas Day game when the NFL originally did not plan on having such in 2024 due to Christmas falling on a Wednesday. 

Sunday ticket was a waste last year. I’m real curious about the schedule before ordering 

1 hour ago, OCEaglefan said:

Sunday ticket was a waste last year. I’m real curious about the schedule before ordering 

I found it useful, but I live in the Pacific NW. Also liked how it was on Youtube TV which never had streaming buffer issues like Directv used to have. Exclusive games to Peacock stream service are going to piss me off to no end.

1 hour ago, Devaster said:

I found it useful, but I live in the Pacific NW. Also liked how it was on Youtube TV which never had streaming buffer issues like Directv used to have. Exclusive games to Peacock stream service are going to piss me off to no end.

I have peacock already but it felt like half the eagles games were nationally televised so blocked on YouTube Sunday ticket 

I agree, quality of experience was solid improvement 

1 hour ago, Devaster said:

The Brazil game will not be exclusive to Peacock, it will be on local NBC as well. Since it's a Friday game, I wonder if it will be national on NBC. It's not like a Sunday where there are other games in other markets.

ESPN games are exclusive to people who pay for cable or satellite. You can't see games if you cut the cable cord and only stream, and live outside the market. MNF used to be on ABC back in the day, then moved to ESPN which required paying. Prime has had Thursday night games for awhile now, which is exclusive to paying for Amazon Prime. 

I think they need to simulcast on local networks while also streaming rather than force it exclusive. Paramount+ airs the local CBS games on Sundays. Peacock has shown Sunday Night Football since it started.

Ultimately I wish they'd figure out a way for fans to purchase a season pass of just their team. Sunday Ticket doesn't give you night games or playoffs.

On 3/27/2024 at 3:13 AM, Wallyhorse said:

Bringing this back up to note the opening game will be on Peacock (also likely NBC10 in Philly) and the possibility of another Christmas Day game when the NFL originally did not plan on having such in 2024 due to Christmas falling on a Wednesday. 

Not just "likely" ... it will be (as confirmed by John Clark.

image.thumb.png.7646e86fe4cc1a41df9c40940ab59ae4.png

• Confused 1

Hopefully not too many primetime games this year. Those take a toll. Last year was ridiculous but i guess thats what you get by making the Superbowl.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

The Brazil game will not be exclusive to Peacock, it will be on local NBC as well. Since it's a Friday game, I wonder if it will be national on NBC. It's not like a Sunday where there are other games in other markets.

ESPN games are exclusive to people who pay for cable or satellite. You can't see games if you cut the cable cord and only stream, and live outside the market. MNF used to be on ABC back in the day, then moved to ESPN which required paying. Prime has had Thursday night games for awhile now, which is exclusive to paying for Amazon Prime. 

I think they need to simulcast on local networks while also streaming rather than force it exclusive. Paramount+ airs the local CBS games on Sundays. Peacock has shown Sunday Night Football since it started.

Ultimately I wish they'd figure out a way for fans to purchase a season pass of just their team. Sunday Ticket doesn't give you night games or playoffs.

The Eagles game WILL be on NBC10 from Brazil as NFL broadcast rules require ALL games streaming or on cable to be available over-the-air in the home markets of the teams playing.

That game is a Friday game because of a scheduling quirk.  Normally the NFL is not allowed to have games on Friday night (after 6:00 PM ET) or Saturday until Week 15 to protect high school and college football, however, this year and next, Week 1 is in the first week of September and the bans don't start until the SECOND week of September and run through the second week of December, meaning this year and next the bans apply to Weeks 2-15.   As I noted elsewhere, the first round of the newly expanded College Football Playoff is the weekend of Week 16, which is when Peacock had their Saturday night game last year, so it's quite possible this game is in Week 1 on Peacock to make up for a possibility Congress and/or the College Football Playoff Committee go to court to block the NFL from having Friday-Saturday games in Week 16 this year due to the playoffs.  We could see a compromise where in exchange for not having Saturday games in Week 16 to accommodate the first round of the expanded college football playoff, the NFL is permitted to have Saturday games in Week 15 and teams playing in the two Christmas Day games have their bye in Week 16. 

On 3/27/2024 at 2:57 PM, NOTW said:

The problem is Eagles fans are everywhere, so if you don't live in the designated Philadelphia market area, you can ONLY watch the game on Peacock. It won't be a national game because our neighbors at Comcast own Peacock, along with NBC, and are using the NFL to drive subscriptions. Finally, the NFL contract with YouTube/Sunday Ticket explicitly prohibits selling a la carte games. 

Follow the money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

The problem is Eagles fans are everywhere, so if you don't live in the designated Philadelphia market area, you can ONLY watch the game on Peacock. It won't be a national game because our neighbors at Comcast own Peacock, along with NBC, and are using the NFL to drive subscriptions. Finally, the NFL contract with YouTube/Sunday Ticket explicitly prohibits selling a la carte games. 

Follow the money. 

Same if it were a Sunday game and you could ONLY see it by paying for Sunday Ticket...which doesn't give you night games, ESPN, Prime. 

17 hours ago, NOTW said:

Same if it were a Sunday game and you could ONLY see it by paying for Sunday Ticket...which doesn't give you night games, ESPN, Prime. 

Exactly. Season after season, they take more. Not all at once, but a few bucks at a time.

Used to be we paid nothing and took what we got at 1pm, 4pm and Monday Night. Then came Sunday Ticket. Brilliant!  Now? ESPN, Amazon Prime, Peacock and on and on it goes. 

No way they only get 1 Monday night game

6 hours ago, Rob331 said:

No way they only get 1 Monday night game

That's because of scheduling quirks.  I have them playing not just the opening Friday (already known), but I have them playing Thanksgiving night and then with the Cowboys game the following Thursday,  Also, a wild card in this is whether or not they would play Christmas Day, which was not considered when I originally drew up this schedule as the NFL originally did not plan to have games Christmas Day,. 

• 2 weeks later...

Now edited to reflect the Packers being the Eagles opponent in Brazil.  

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 2:32 PM, OCEaglefan said:

Yes it was.

On 3/27/2024 at 1:32 PM, OCEaglefan said:

I still like having access to all the other games, but this past season I was keeping count the first 10-12 weeks and realized Sunday Ticket me 1 (maybe 2) games that I wouldn't have already seen locally in MN

• 3 weeks later...