Eagles sign RB Saquon Barkley

Procus

Not a fan of paying RBs, but considering it’s Saquan, I don’t hate it either.

• Like 1

Howie can't draft rbs so glad we signed a good one

• Confused 1

Rosebud's ego may have gotten the best of him on this signing. 

• Like 1

High priced and oft injured is an unsettling combination. I hope his ankles hold up. We'll see.

That’s too much money in my view.

Im a big Barkley guy, I think he’s got so much ability and behind a decent OL he can really look to take off. But that kind of investment in a RB? Who’s been hurt a lot? It’s too much.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, toolg said:

Wow :o I didn't see this one happening... Even though RB is a need. 

The dumbsheets should have drafted a RB.

• Like 1

hopefully prime saquan emerges behind our line

• Like 1

I mean... that back, behind that line... SWOON. Absolute gamebreaker IF we commit to running the football

• Like 1

The Quad Father in Philly! Definitely did not expect this. It's a risky signing given his injury history, but he still has big play potential.

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Most are not happy!

I can understand that. I hate it when any Eagle goes to another team, and multiply that by 1,000 if it's to an NFC East team. 

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I can understand that. I hate it when any Eagle goes to another team, and multiply that by 1,000 if it's to an NFC East team. 

That’s very true. I think it’s a good move IF he stays healthy but that’s the worry and concern.

29 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That’s too much money in my view.

Im a big Barkley guy, I think he’s got so much ability and behind a decent OL he can really look to take off. But that kind of investment in a RB? Who’s been hurt a lot? It’s too much.

Looking in my crystal ball:

When the contract details become known it will look a lot better for us. Always does with Roseman contracts. Chill..

• Like 2

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That’s very true. I think it’s a good move IF he stays healthy but that’s the worry and concern.

How awesome would it be for the Eagles to now go out and win the Super Bowl next season with Barkley being healthy the entire season and getting 2000+ (total)? Giants boards would melt down. 

• Like 4

Just now, Infam said:

Looking in my crystal ball:

When the contract details become known it will look a lot better for us. Always does with Roseman contracts. Chill..

Oh I don’t disagree and look at this point I think the cap is largely irrelevant because we know they can manipulate it. I just worry we aren’t going to address the big major gaping holes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How awesome would it be for the Eagles to now go out and win the Super Bowl next season with Barkley being healthy the entire season and getting 2000+ (total)? Giants boards would melt down. 

The only way it could be better is if you swap Giants with Cowboys.

Oh I don’t disagree and look at this point I think the cap is largely irrelevant because we know they can manipulate it. I just worry we aren’t going to address the big major gaping holes.

First day of FA. In Roseman I trust.

• Like 1

Just now, Infam said:

First day of FA. In Roseman I trust.

In Roseman I trust to be clever with the cap. Do I trust him to add a really good S and LB? Absolutely not! And my God if we don’t we are going to struggle.

• Like 1

In Roseman I trust to be clever with the cap. Do I trust him to add a really good S and LB? Absolutely not! And my God if we don’t we are going to struggle.

He found both before. Time will tell but so far I am happy.

Just now, Infam said:

He found both before. Time will tell but so far I am happy.

I mean LB is pretty questionable especially in the last few years.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean LB is pretty questionable especially in the last few years.

Really liked Jordan Hicks (even though he was injured too much). Bradham was fine too. But true, LB (followed by RB) was the position we invested the least in for sure. Most successful teams went that route though. 

This was a piece we were missing last year. It'll take some of the pressure off Hurts to carry the game and add another wrinkle to our offense that will make it easier to stress and break a defense and control the pace of the game.

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

There are very few RBs in the league who can takeover a game. He is one of them.

Pre-injury, yes. I'm not nearly as high on Barkley any more. We could have gone after Josh Jacobs for similar or less money. Or kept Swift for less. And I think the production would be relatively the same from all 3 of them.

Everyone complaining about him being overpaid. My thoughts on that are.... it ISN'T YOUR MONEY, so why do you complain about it??  🤣
Good signing. More holes to fill, but we still have $$ and the draft.

• Thanks 2