AJ brown extended!

DBW

This is great. Truth is he probably won't be here 6 seasons, however, I'm glad he's locked up 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Your first line above said "drama and diva act." Kelce did as much as him or more on the sidelines but he doesn't get that treatment. Slay is worse than Brown on social media but doesn't get that treatment.

Brown and Smith is a nightmare for defenses. Add Barkely and Kellen Moore at OC they should be much improved.

They have a championship window. They can add WRs for depth and slot but great to keep their top weapons. Howie is a cap/contract master. You want a combo like Reagor and JJAW again? They got lucky drafting Smith because it was #10 and a no brainer. Every other WR Howie has drafted has been a bust.

No LBs yet.... Defense is in rebuilding with new coordinator. I am sorry...I do not see a championship team with our existing defense. Maybe next year.  I see a dream team. A lot of high priced aquisitions...But  not a cohesive team.. We will see how they jell in training camp and what other pieces Howie can bring. 

With the WRs due for an extension in the next year this had to be done if we wanted to keep AJ. It’s the right move for a key piece of our offense.

• Like 1

Classic Howie. Like I said before, it´s smart to set the market, not follow it. Great job!

Howie keeps the machine moving and somehow finds a way to lock up both receivers without his cap guru. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

With the WRs due for an extension in the next year this had to be done if we wanted to keep AJ. It’s the right move for a key piece of our offense.

Don’t get how the media was trying so have to make it seem like Brown wanted out or that the Eagles wanted to trade him when both Brown and the Eagles clearly said otherwise. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don’t get how the media was trying so have to make it seem like Brown wanted out or that the Eagles wanted to trade him when both Brown and the Eagles clearly said otherwise. 

You are talking to the guy that was 100% sure he was getting traded and brown wanted out

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm glad we extended AJ Brown.

Now, we can trade him. (suck it haters)

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You were so sure he was getting traded 🤣

• Haha 1

I called it months before Smith's extension and shortly after it. AJ wasn't going anywhere. He was going to get an extension 

23 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

I'm glad we extended AJ Brown.

Now, we can trade him. (suck it haters)

Go suck olsilvertits

42 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You are talking to the guy that was 100% sure he was getting traded and brown wanted out

Well the media really was trying to push that agenda especially after he called out WIP on the air. It was made clear the Eagles shut down every team that called about Brown, but the morning team were still trying to come up with scenarios for trading Brown to the Patriots. They pushed their agenda strongly.

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well the media really was trying to push that agenda especially after he called out WIP on the air. It was made clear the Eagles shut down every team that called about Brown, but the morning team were still trying to come up with scenarios for trading Brown to the Patriots. They pushed their agenda strongly.

The "media" that pushed that are desperate to create negative stories for ratings & clicks. They wanted him to be TO so bad. Some fans too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yup:

On 1/12/2024 at 11:48 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He’s going to request a trade there’s no doubt about it in my mind. He’s not happy and he’s seeing the direction this team is going in and he’s going to want out.

:lol:

• Haha 2

This is a bargain in a few years 

Still time to trade AJ Brown in this draft. 

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

The "media" that pushed that are desperate to create negative stories for ratings & clicks. They wanted him to be TO so bad. Some fans too.

Everyone wants to be the next Cataldi and Eskin. Negativity gets in ripple clicking and listening. We are so accustomed to it that we simply expect it. Was Brown frustrating last year at times? Yeah him and just about the whole team. I don’t mind guys having an opinion even if it is negative, but to just fabricate scenarios is a bit too far. Certainly we can "read the tea leaves” as they like to say especially if the player doesn’t quell the rumors. Brown did quell them.

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yup:

:lol:

Right… So I’m not allowed to react to what appears to be happening at a given point in time? He was making a lot of noise and he didn’t appear to be happy and I was not alone in thinking he was. I’m also not going to double down on what was clearly an incorrect opinion. I thought what I thought at the time, I was wrong so I move on.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Right… So I’m not allowed to react to what appears to be happening at a given point in time? He was making a lot of noise and he didn’t appear to be happy and I was not alone in thinking he was. I’m also not going to double down on what was clearly an incorrect opinion. I thought what I thought at the time, I was wrong so I move on.

You constantly flip flop your opinions on here and believe every made up drama. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The media? Half this board said he was disgruntled and wanted out…

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

The media? Half this board said he was disgruntled and wanted out…

He's happy today because he got more money.

But, Jalen Hurts is still the QB, so his mood is sure to change when Jalen can't get him the ball.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

You constantly flip flop your opinions on here and believe every made up drama. :lol:

Believe every made up drama? I didn’t believe any made up drama I based it off what I was seeing, the actions of AJ. But whatever.

• Haha 1

AJ Brown says he wants to retire an Eagle.

TATERs: he's a diva who wants to be traded, it's TO all over again!

:roll:

• Like 1

That video he put out saying he wants to retire in Eagle green speaks volumes.  Kelce, Fletch, BG, LJ - all lifers on the team. 

On 4/25/2024 at 10:22 PM, Traveler Vic said:

The last time I checked this is a team sport...I am not complaining about stud WRs. However Dollars committed to the QB and 2 WR are disproportionately large. I do not even know....In 2 years we are paying 100 million to 3 players? What is that almost half of your budget??? 1QB and 2 WR. What portion of the entire budget is that? Little less than half??? What about the rest of the team. I would invest differently and not concentrate so much on so few.

Um, not even close to half.  Over the next 3 years, Jalen, AJ and Smith combined will take up the following cap %
2024: 13%
2025: 17.25%
2026: 28%
Keep in mind the 25 and 26 percentages will be a bit lower because it only assumes about a 6%/year increase in the total cap.