Yannick Ngakoue (JAX/MIN/BAL EDGE) -- SIGNED WITH LAS VEGAS

Captain F

Yannick is the lone no show for Jax training camp. He absolutely refuses to play there. Hasnt signed his franchise tag, Add in the 2021 Draft going to be a HUGE question mark as the NCAA football season is likely going to get shortened, if not completely cancelled, it seems like the perfect time to send a 2021 First and 2022 First to Jax for him. 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-trade-rumors-news-yannick-ngakoue-holding-out-carson-wentz-jalen-reagor/

Never mind. Howie asleep at the wheel again.  

Hell no. This team is not sacrificing high picks on rookie deals for him

Offer them Barnett, a 3rd, and force them to take Alshon/get a 3rd team to take on Alshon and his contract. If they laugh, just move on 

3 hours ago, What The F said:

Yannick is the lone no show for Jax training camp. He absolutely refuses to play there. Hasnt signed his franchise tag, Add in the 2021 Draft going to be a HUGE question mark as the NCAA football season is likely going to get shortened, if not completely cancelled, it seems like the perfect time to send a 2021 First and 2022 First to Jax for him. 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-trade-rumors-news-yannick-ngakoue-holding-out-carson-wentz-jalen-reagor/

The Eagles are in cap hell next year. Not even sure Howie could pull that one off. 

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Pipe dream. No way it happens but the Dline would be insane.

Its a Madden move really isn't it. The DL would be insane and would cause havoc but it's just not going to happen with our cap situation. 

3 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Its just not a realistic possibility. 

Agreed. Pre COVID it possibly was though still very challenging. But now with the cap set to reduce, there's no way. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 11:36 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Its a Madden move really isn't it. The DL would be insane and would cause havoc but it's just not going to happen with our cap situation. 

I was talking about this with a friend the other day, all the talk of the cap going down, and then major extensions get handed out.  I wonder if the reports of the cap going down are a little exaggerated.  Not that the Eagles don't have issues regardless, but seems like the big extensions handed out, Mahommes, Kelce, Kenny Clark means the NFL front offices know something that we do not.

37 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I was talking about this with a friend the other day, all the talk of the cap going down, and then major extensions get handed out.  I wonder if the reports of the cap going down are a little exaggerated.  Not that the Eagles don't have issues regardless, but seems like the big extensions handed out, Mahommes, Kelce, Kenny Clark means the NFL front offices know something that we do not.

Well that's a very very good point! But then what is the cap situations of those teams? Perhaps they are in a pretty good situation anyway...

51 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I heard it's going to be the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets.

I don't think there's much doubt there. And in the battle of major trades they'll have done a damn good job overall if they do. 

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I saw somewhere that Jags want a 2nd rounder now

Say what now? That's surely a no brainer?

11 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I saw somewhere that Jags want a 2nd rounder now

Great value BUT 2 things still holding us back on pulling the trigger.

1- Howie has never traded a 2nd round pick

2- We still don't have the long term cap to make it work.

If it was say a 4th and 6th or something in that ball park I could see Howie doing it even if they couldn't resign him next year. 

I have to believe if they would take a 2nd, Howie would do it.  The eagles, along with most teams,  create money to sign guys like this. There's always a way. 

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

We'd still need to give Yannick a mega deal. I think that's the biggest problem

That would be a major problem no doubt. But to add a play maker to the defense like that? I think Howie could work it out with some very tough decisions.

Is anyone at the airport?  You know.  Just in case..

21 minutes ago, What The F said:

Is anyone at the airport?  You know.  Just in case..

Too late he was spotted yesterday...

On 8/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, DeathByEagle said:

Great value BUT 2 things still holding us back on pulling the trigger.

1- Howie has never traded a 2nd round pick

2- We still don't have the long term cap to make it work.

If it was say a 4th and 6th or something in that ball park I could see Howie doing it even if they couldn't resign him next year. 

Barnett and Alshon imo need to be included in a deal to make it financially feasible to get it done. Jags aren't a contender, so they might take on a cap burden like Alshon in return for potentially Barnett and a pick

On 7/31/2020 at 3:41 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The picks aren't necessarily the biggest issue here. The bigger issue is how do you pay him?

A roster gut job.