Yannick Ngakoue (JAX/MIN/BAL EDGE) -- SIGNED WITH LAS VEGAS

Captain F

27 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yannick for a 2 and a possible 3. Good job Howie!!!!

At that price I really don't understand it. Especially given our options at DE.

As mentioned before, there were 2 key factors on why we would never get Yannick

1- Howie does not trade 2nd round picks

2- We don;t have the cap room to sign him long term. 

With the noted above its not a surprise. 

The only reason I can imagine we couldn't (wouldn't) match, or beat a 2nd and a 5th for a Pro Bowl DE (in a position of need) was money...maybe the Eagles are planning to tie up a lot of cap in the rumoured Ertz talks, but that would have been a sick DLine...and a 2nd and 5th (4th) for a stud DE??? Another top starting player slips by the Eagles in a poor off season for the Birds...

38 minutes ago, EagleTen said:

The only reason I can imagine we couldn't (wouldn't) match, or beat a 2nd and a 5th for a Pro Bowl DE (in a position of need) was money...maybe the Eagles are planning to tie up a lot of cap in the rumoured Ertz talks, but that would have been a sick DLine...and a 2nd and 5th (4th) for a stud DE??? Another top starting player slips by the Eagles in a poor off season for the Birds...

We hear this same comment after any stud player gets traded or signed. People have to be more realistic in NFL thinking. You can't trade or sign every stud you want. If we traded for all the players every fan wanted and said Eagles made a mistake and should have given up the same for we would have 53 pro bowlers and 200 mill in neg cap space. This is not madden

I don't know about every stud, but any stud this off season would have been nice...

I feel we are starting to see the early signs of all of the years of pushing money down the road...unfortunately, the road has come to a dead end, and it's time to pay the piper for all of those contracts...one of the consequences of that, unfortunately is, we simply cannot compete in free agency, even if the asking price is a steal! as a few players this season have been.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At that price I really don't understand it. Especially given our options at DE.

Cap space. 

1 minute ago, EagleTen said:

I don't know about every stud, but any stud this off season would have been nice...

I feel we are starting to see the early signs of all of the years of pushing money down the road...unfortunately, the road has come to a dead end, and it's time to pay the piper for all of those contracts...one of the consequences of that, unfortunately is, we simply cannot compete in free agency, even if the asking price is a steal! as a few players this season have been.

yes we have to pay the piper but that means no 1 stud every offseason, lol. 

I think people are forgetting how good Hargrave could be. He could be your stud signing. Oh did you forget about Slay as well? 

How many studs do you want to add this year? You said you wanted 1, well you landed 2. 

Just if someone signs Clowney and Earl Thomas we can get rid of all the rest of the non realistic threats of players to sign. 

Given the 2021 cap situation, I'm not even thinking about any FA's or trades for players until 2022 and beyond.

1 hour ago, EagleTen said:

Slay?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Cap space. 

Not only that they have a lot of money tied up in DT position where I think Schwartz likes having elite players.