Renaming the Washington Football Club

Wallyhorse

Renaming the Washington Football Club  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rename the team formerly known as The Redskins?

• Washington Federals
    • FC Washington
    • FC DC
    • Washington Sentinals
    • Washington Redhawks
    • Washington Redtails
    • Washington Red Foxes
    • Another name not listed

My choice would be the Washington Federals, the name of the former USFL franchise that played in DC in 1983 and '84.

FC Washington or FC DC would be similar to what many soccer teams use worldwide, including in MLS (would mean Football Club Washington or DC).  

Washington Crackheads

You know, to honor their mayors

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Redwolves is a pretty popular name in DC already.  

I kind of hate the name, but ... yeah ...

I'm really hoping they put it up to a vote.  Eagle fans can show up and name them.  I think we should do something like "Washington Roadkill". 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sameaglesfan said:

Redd Foxx | Biography, Comedy, Sanford and Son, & Facts | Britannica

Does his estate hold  a copyright or trademark on that outfit yet?

Would Washington Primitives be more acceptable?

Is Native Americans politically correct?

The Potomac Nation gave Snyder their blessing to use their tribe's name, and said they would let the team keep the Indian head logo.  I think that would've been the best thing to do.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nipples said:

It’ll be the Washington Snyders. 

If they make this the logo, I'm down

450?cb=20191103012953

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/3/2020 at 8:46 PM, xzmattzx said:

The Potomac Nation gave Snyder their blessing to use their tribe's name, and said they would let the team keep the Indian head logo.  I think that would've been the best thing to do.

If that's the case, then 'Washington Potomac' is a slam dunk obvious choice of a name.  It's a full 180 from a name that was considered disrespectful to a name that honors a local tribe.  You can keep the song, the logo, everything.  It makes so much sense that I doubt it will ever be used.

I was never against "Redskins", but if they're going to rename it, then they need to also change 'Washington', since they're not in Washington. But I know they won't. They play in Landover and their headquarters is in Ashburn, Virginia. 

There's nothing in Washington... but then again, there's nothing of the Giants or Jets in NY (or do they have offices in NY?)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was never against "Redskins", but if they're going to rename it, then they need to also change 'Washington', since they're not in Washington. But I know they won't. They play in Landover and their headquarters is in Ashburn, Virginia. 

There's nothing in Washington... but then again, there's nothing of the Giants or Jets in NY (or do they have offices in NY?)

Do the cowboys even play in dallass?

5 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

If that's the case, then 'Washington Potomac' is a slam dunk obvious choice of a name.  It's a full 180 from a name that was considered disrespectful to a name that honors a local tribe.  You can keep the song, the logo, everything.  It makes so much sense that I doubt it will ever be used.

They’ll probably go with Featherheads

3 minutes ago, hey suess said:

Do the cowboys even play in dallass?

They’ll probably go with Featherheads

No, but at least they're in the same state as Dallas. The Redskins aren't even in the same municipality... for lack of a better word. But I understand the reasoning behind keeping the city name. I grew up just outside of Landover and went to elementary school at a school which is literally next to their stadium... you can probably throw a rock from the playground and have it land in one of the parking lots for the stadium. So that connection would be cool to see them re-name to the Landover Idiots or something like that lol. 

I wouldn't have even thought of them changing from Washington if they weren't changing "Redskins", but if you're going to change, then do it completely. 

The Washington football team will end up sticking and that will be their official name

• Like 1

Redfaces wouldn't be a huge change, but they would need to redo the logo to depict the overwhelming embarrassment associated with the franchise.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:28 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

The Washington football team will end up sticking and that will be their official name

Actually, they could then just go with FC Washington or FC DC.  Lots of soccer clubs use FC so it would work. 

On 8/5/2020 at 4:07 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Well, DC is just a city, so anything outside their small radius is going to be in another state.  They are 5 miles outside of DC.

Here are the others:

1. The Giants & Jets both play on the other side of the Hudson from Manhattan, in East Rutherford, New Jersey
  2. The Cowboys play in Arlington, Texas (20 miles from Dallas)
  3. The Dolphins play in Miami Gardens, (north of the main city of Miami)
  4. The 49ers stadium is in Santa Clara, CA (45 miles from San Francisco)
  5. The Bills play in Orchard Park, NY (15 miles from Buffalo)
  6. The Chargers currently play in Carson, CA (13 miles south of L.A)

As for things that are in Washington....

1.  World Champion Nationals

2.  Stanley Cup Winners Capitals

3.  Washington Bulle...I mean Wizards

all play in the city of DC.

REDSKINS     TODAY

REDSKINS     TOMORROW

REDSKINS     FOREVER

There's no such thing as a 'Native American'.  There are  NO  HUMAN  BEINGS  who are indigenous to  N&S  America. 

Everyone  in  N & S  America came from somewhere else . . . including the people we once called Indians.  (yet another misnomer)

Everyone needs to wise up and  drop the Politically Correct  BS  . . . including  THE  MIDGETS . . . who now insist upon being called

"Little People"  lest they too become offended.     :facepalm:     :facepalm:     :lol:     :facepalm:     :facepalm:

NOTE  TO  EVERYONE:  GET  OVER  YOURSELVES !  YOU'RE  NOT  THAT  IMPORTANT !! 

6 hours ago, Vee said:

Well, DC is just a city, so anything outside their small radius is going to be in another state.  They are 5 miles outside of DC.

Ashburn is actually about 30 miles outside of D.C. 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Ashburn is actually about 30 miles outside of D.C. 

They don't actually play in Ashburn.  Their practice facilities are in Ashburn.

They play in Landover, MD.  It's actually less than 5 miles, by car, from the DC border.