Derrick Gunn Fired by NBC

SBorBust

On 8/11/2020 at 2:21 PM, DBW said:

Good thing they cleared space on the network for this valuable information 

AE96E020-8E4F-4AFD-9E6E-5265E953FA87.jpeg

Well I’m sure there’s some guys in here that could use the best bra ever. 

17 hours ago, devpool said:

Class act

Screw you KC you can’t have our D Gunn

Does NBC Sports Philadelphia have any Eagles programming on the air at the moment? They took Quick Slants off the air back when the pandemic initially hit, and for a few months just didn't have anything on (Eagles wise). If they do, I'll go ahead and start a streaming package, but if they don't, I won't. 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Does NBC Sports Philadelphia have any Eagles programming on the air at the moment? They took Quick Slants off the air back when the pandemic initially hit, and for a few months just didn't have anything on (Eagles wise). If they do, I'll go ahead and start a streaming package, but if they don't, I won't. 

I don't see anything but infomercials they don't really have anything on there anymore

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't see anything but infomercials they don't really have anything on there anymore

That's why I've never renewed my FuBo... well, 'renewed' isn't really the right word, since I was only going from free preview to free preview lol. But they don't accept virtual credit cards anymore, so if I sign up for another preview, I have to use an physical (as opposed to virtual) card number and I've been avoiding doing that until they have some actual Eagles programming. 

25 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's why I've never renewed my FuBo... well, 'renewed' isn't really the right word, since I was only going from free preview to free preview lol. But they don't accept virtual credit cards anymore, so if I sign up for another preview, I have to use an physical (as opposed to virtual) card number and I've been avoiding doing that until they have some actual Eagles programming. 

Looking at the schedule now there is nothing through Saturday. Obviously you have a Phillies game a flyers and a sixers. The only sports show is Mike Miss the refs is all infomercials and repeats of those games

They have an eagles podcast but you don't have to pay for that

On 8/20/2020 at 1:39 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Two days ago they did a 2019 year in review. Was only 30 mins. Other then that no. Nothing on the birds from anywhere but NFL network and maybe a 5 min segment on the 11pm news

5 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Two days ago they did a 2019 year in review. Was only 30 mins. Other then that no. Nothing on the birds from anywhere but NFL network and maybe a 5 min segment on the 11pm news

That's a shame. I hope they go back to 'normal' at some point, but getting rid of some of their 'talent', makes me think that they won't. Of course, all of this started back around mid-2018 (as far as I know), when they cancelled Philly Sports Talk.

If they had to get rid of someone, I think I'd have rathered to see Frank go instead of DGunn. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If they had to get rid of someone, I think I'd have rathered to see Frank go instead of DGunn. 

R. Frank literally brings nothing to the table.

22 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

R. Frank literally brings nothing to the table.

True but he seems to fancy himself a (half ashed) restaurant and music critic. Maybe that's more important to the powers-that-be than being plugged into the Eagles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

True but he seems to fancy himself a (half ashed) restaurant and music critic. Maybe that's more important to the powers-that-be than being plugged into the Eagles.

That's actually what I mean. Like, 20 years ago, I think he was a decent beat writer, but now he just throws a bunch of random stats in your face with no context, tells you what's on his playlist, and pimps out an eatery. Seems like he's past his expiration date and just resting on his laurels at this point.

51 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

That's actually what I mean. Like, 20 years ago, I think he was a decent beat writer, but now he just throws a bunch of random stats in your face with no context, tells you what's on his playlist, and pimps out an eatery. Seems like he's past his expiration date and just resting on his laurels at this point.

Ok but what does D Gunn bring other than fluff interviews?

6 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Ok but what does D Gunn bring other than fluff interviews?

Gunn actually talked about the gameplay and how the personnel fit into it. See: Quick Slants. And I would hardly have called the majority of his interview "fluff." He usually got the most candid interviews out of players because he had a clearly established relationship with them.

• 2 weeks later...

A day or so ago, I looked at their schedule (NBC Sports Philly), and I didn't even see Pre/Post Game Live listed. Are they not doing those this year?

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

A day or so ago, I looked at their schedule (NBC Sports Philly), and I didn't even see Pre/Post Game Live listed. Are they not doing those this year?

They may just not have them scheduled yet. Then again who knows

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They may just not have them scheduled yet. Then again who knows

I'm wondering if maybe they're going to be in the + channel.