Favorite Gameday Time?

hey suess

Four score-or-so years ago I used to be a big fan of the night games, especially if I was going to the game. We’d start out as early as possible and make a whole day of it, leading right up to kickoff!

Then, as responsibilities expanded, and life started it’s crap, the obvious progression, was the late afternoon game. 

Now, that recovery time has lengthened, and with kids who have no respect for a good hangover, it's grass cut and at the bar by noon, eat a little lunch and bring on the 1:00 game!

(soon I’ll be envious of the Pacific-timers)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like as many as possible non-Eagles games at 1/4 pm , then the Eagles game at night

That way I can enjoy watching as many games as possible becasue I sure as F do not watch football after the Eagles lose. I'm just too disgusted to and also I would have to suffer through seeing it on the screen when scores are shown and even worse highlight replays or commentators commenting about it

• Like 1

If I'm going to the game, 1:00 PM. I have to drag myself up early but it's worth it in the end. You won't overdo it at the tailgate. There's enough time after the game to do something, grab a bite to eat, party some more. Whatever. 4:30 PM is too late. Too much time pregame. By the time it's over, it's such a long day I don't want to do much. Night games are a totally different beast.

If I'm watching the game at home, I like night games. Get your work done during the day, then relax at night with the game on. Day games get in the way, ends up taking up too much of the day.

Home games-  4pm or 8pm are best. Gives us a ton of time tailgating with the DJ Speakers, TV set up to watch the other games etc. 

Away games- 1pm

The best is 1:00 PM.  You can get things (and drinking) done before and after the game.  The worst was when we were stationed in Arizona and the games would start at 10:00 AM.  :thumbdown:  

4pm games on Sunday all day. If they play the 1pm game and lose then I am too pissed to enjoy the rest of the games. 

15 hours ago, Fresh_Prince said:

I like as many as possible non-Eagles games at 1/4 pm , then the Eagles game at night

That way I can enjoy watching as many games as possible becasue I sure as F do not watch football after the Eagles lose. I'm just too disgusted to and also I would have to suffer through seeing it on the screen when scores are shown and even worse highlight replays or commentators commenting about it

This!

Don't care now due to not working nights or weekends

BUT i remember being pissed as F in 2009 when Eagles Cowboys game was flexed to 4:00PM instead of 1:00PM because i had to work at 4:30PM.  I ended up calling in saying i had car problems and couldn't come in until late.  When we started getting our arses kicked i eventually went into work.  

I've been to a few prime time games , a Monday nighter in 2011 and the opener vs ATL when we raised the banner. Maybe it's me but there's def something to the prime time atmosphere. 

If I'm watching at home I'd prefer one of the earlier windows. Less of a chance my entire Sunday goes down the drain

I prefer the prime time games so I can watch on the tube. Too many noon games clash with the local team broadcasts so I end up having to stream them.

Sunday at 1pm is like church. I have friends who record the game and start watching it later - I can't do that. I have to watch live.

1pm is the perfect game time. Just after lunch so you have a base of breakfast and lunch to start drinking on.

Prime Time 8PMish for me. i'm a night owl anyway, gives me time during the afternoon to take care of things or just goof off and cook something good for the game.

14 hours ago, toolg said:

If I'm going to the game, 1:00 PM. I have to drag myself up early but it's worth it in the end. You won't overdo it at the tailgate. There's enough time after the game to do something, grab a bite to eat, party some more. Whatever. 4:30 PM is too late. Too much time pregame. By the time it's over, it's such a long day I don't want to do much. Night games are a totally different beast.

If I'm watching the game at home, I like night games. Get your work done during the day, then relax at night with the game on. Day games get in the way, ends up taking up too much of the day.

I guess I just assumed that everyone was like me and pretty much sits around drinking and watching football from 1PM until midnight on sundays in the fall

• Like 1

If they are on the road, 4pm.  Home games, 8pm.  Nothing like the feeling of a night game when the Eagles score and the green pyro lights up the sky.  And, it makes for all day tailgating.

4 pm EST is pure perfection for me on tv. When I go for sure its night games.

2 hours ago, nipples said:

I guess I just assumed that everyone was like me and pretty much sits around drinking and watching football from 1PM until midnight on sundays in the fall

I could spend all day watching football before I had responsibilities. These days, not so much. :lol: I watch the Eagles game , and if I can catch another primetime game it's a bonus. :Eagle_smiley:

1 minute ago, toolg said:

I could spend all day watching football before I had responsibilities. These days, not so much. :lol: I watch the Eagles game , and if I can catch another primetime game it's a bonus. :Eagle_smiley:

Responsibilities generally get put on hold for 12 hours on sundays for me 😆.  Though this season may be different with my son who will be about 7 months old when the season starts (if it starts on time). So we will see how much non-Eagle football I get to watch this year. 

1PM Sunday. Although watching the later games after an Eagles loss is much more difficult. But on the other hand, after an Eagles victory, the rest of my football watching for the day is glorious.

I love the early and late games on Sunday afternoons. Especially since I moved to the NW. I love waking up and having football start at 10am on Sundays. And I don't have to stay up late for SNF. Unfortunately MNF and TNF suck because they start while I'm at work, but MNF hasn't been good since Tirico and Gruden left.

Sunday 1pm is amazing on the west coast, 10am start. I can wake up, have a great breakfast, and roll right into gameday

have you guys ever been out drunk at a bar or drunk at a family function on a Saturday night during football season and then around 2am it hits you.... the Eagles are playing later..... 

E85F30A5-E4F3-4DFE-9382-83A24DD67DB5.gif

11 hours ago, Toastrel said:

Sunday at 1pm is like church. I have friends who record the game and start watching it later - I can't do that. I have to watch live.

1pm is the perfect game time. Just after lunch so you have a base of breakfast and lunch to start drinking on.

Mmmmm….double meal base....