53 man roster

birdgang

On 8/23/2020 at 12:10 PM, Road to Victory said:

That LB group is awful. Hopefully, we can grab a good veteran or two after cuts. 

time to bring back Bradham

14 minutes ago, birdgang said:

time to bring back Bradham

Not sure he’s the answer but he’s better then anyone we have. 

At this point I don’t see How Jones makes this team. He’s hurt again and has lost significant ground to Maddox at starting corner. Are the Eagles really going to waste another year dealing with this kid and his constant injuries? 

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

At this point I don’t see How Jones makes this team. He’s hurt again and has lost significant ground to Maddox at starting corner. Are the Eagles really going to waste another year dealing with this kid and his constant injuries? 

They save money by cutting him as well, so that is the likely outcome if they can't trade him.

I think if he was healthy he would give them a decent option as a backup, but NRC and LeBlanc have both been practicing outside, and honestly either guy is probably as good as Jones at this point. They can also always move Mills outside and put Parks at safety.

I don't see much sense in keeping Douglas for the same reason. He is probably the 10th option right now, and they may as well keep one of the young guys who has flashed in practice (Arnold, Elijah Riley, Jacquet). Douglas might stick because he's cheap and reliable, but at this point if they get to the point where they need to play him, I would rather see them roll the dice with a guy like Jacquet.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

They save money by cutting him as well, so that is the likely outcome if they can't trade him.

I think if he was healthy he would give them a decent option as a backup, but NRC and LeBlanc have both been practicing outside, and honestly either guy is probably as good as Jones at this point. They can also always move Mills outside and put Parks at safety.

I don't see much sense in keeping Douglas for the same reason. He is probably the 10th option right now, and they may as well keep one of the young guys who has flashed in practice (Arnold, Elijah Riley, Jacquet). Douglas might stick because he's cheap and reliable, but at this point if they get to the point where they need to play him, I would rather see them roll the dice with a guy like Jacquet.

I feel like both Douglas and Jones are long shots at best and I would be shocked to see both make this team. 

19 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I feel like both Douglas and Jones are long shots at best and I would be shocked to see both make this team. 

The one thing I would do with Douglas is put him in against tall receivers, who Maddox is going to struggle with (he had trouble with JJAW in practice today.) He would also be better in the red zone. But if Schwartz isn't going to use him in those situations, which I doubt he will, then I don't see a reason to keep him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jsb235 said:

The one thing I would do with Douglas is put him in against tall receivers, who Maddox is going to struggle with (he had trouble with JJAW in practice today.) He would also be better in the red zone. But if Schwartz isn't going to use him in those situations, which I doubt he will, then I don't see a reason to keep him.

Personally I think Douglas is better than they give him credit for, but Schwartz does not use him properly. They have him 1on 1 with burners and are shocked he gets beat. I mean what did they expect to happen he suddenly becomes faster? You’re right about Maddox too. Big receivers are going to kill him. But Adams from the Packers isn’t even a big guy and he pretty much owned Maddox that game. I’m fairly skeptical about Maddox on the outside. I was hoping Jones would finally show he deserved all of the hype. I don’t think Jones is physically or mentally tough enough to play in the NFL.