Injured Javon Hargrave to Miss Multiple Weeks

time2rock

Sign Jernigan...injured.  Sign Malik Jackson...injured.  Sign Javon Hargrave....injured.  

we have no luck w #2 DT’s

• Like 5

Like I said the other day we already have 3 guys out for the season before camp even started so we are already in trouble 

25 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Didn't he get injured and put on IR last season or was that someone else?

Nope.  He has played 63 of 64 games in his career.  Missed one game his rookie year.

Pectoral injury. Apparently Barnett is injured too and is week to week. Is it time to call Clowney or the Jags about a trade for Yannick?

Barnett injury is more worrisome given the lack of depth we already had at DE. He needs to come back asap. With DT, we still have Malik Jackson who is more than a capable starter for a few games. 

33 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Nope.  He has played 63 of 64 games in his career.  Missed one game his rookie year.

Yet again another guy never injured and immediately catches the injury bug the minute they step on the field for the Eagles. It's freaking bizzare

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, QuinnWR4 said:

Pectoral injury. Apparently Barnett is injured too and is week to week. Is it time to call Clowney or the Jags about a trade for Yannick?

No.  Injuries to our players does not change the cap situation.  We’re projected to be $71M OVER the 2021 cap ... worst in the league by far.  Howie is a genius when it comes to managing the cap but even he is going to have a hard time with this.  The result of the reduction in the cap due to the pandemic, a couple bad contracts (e.g. Jeffery), and from having kicked the can down the road a few too many times.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, time2rock said:

No.  Injuries to our players does not change the cap situation.  We’re projected to be $71M OVER the 2021 cap ... worst in the league by far.  Howie is a genius when it comes to managing the cap but even he is going to have a hard time with this.  The result of the reduction in the cap due to the pandemic, a couple bad contracts (e.g. Jeffery), and from having kicked the can down the road a few too many times.  

I think we will need to def sacrifice a quality draft pick for some cap relief next year similar to Texans dumping Oswieler

53 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

That's why we have 3

Remember when we had Cox, Jackson, and Jernigan?  Good times.  

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Enter Eagles strength and conditioning program.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, QuinnWR4 said:

Do you know what kind of pec injury?  If it's torn we are totally f'ed.  And the way they communicate injuries now, this wouldn't surprise me one bit.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Since Chip left this team has had nothing but horrible injury luck. 

Don't you start!!! You and I both hate Chip!! Do not put him in a positive light! Lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

We’re projected to be $71M OVER the 2021 cap ... worst in the league by far.  

The salary cap this year is $215 million. That $71M "projection" is based on a "what if" that salary cap is lowered to $175 Million in 2021 scenario. That hasn't happened. The players certainly haven't agreed to it and it's very unlikely they would. So let's stick with the numbers we do know. Right now we sit at less than $52M over the cap in 2021 and still have over $20M this year we can roll over. 

You keep referring to a doom and gloom scenario article as if it's fact. I actually expect the NFL to do a lot better than expected. Interest and revenue has gone up every year. Combine that with entertainment demand increasing due to a lack of things to do resulting from the pandemic. People are going to want football. The NFL won't have to compete with college or even high school for the most part. Ratings will be high. Don't be surprised if commercials seem to "increase" along with average game duration. The NFL knows how to make money.

While it's fine to prepare for worst case scenarios, I really don't see that playing out. IMO, the cap won't decrease at all in 2021. If I'm wrong, don't be surprised to see some kind of team "bailout" measures enacted to protect existing contracts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

The salary cap this year is $215 million. That $71M "projection" is based on a "what if" that salary cap is lowered to $175 Million in 2021 scenario. That hasn't happened. The players certainly haven't agreed to it and it's very unlikely they would. So let's stick with the numbers we do know. Right now we sit at less than $52M over the cap in 2021 and still have over $20M this year we can roll over. 

You keep referring to a doom and gloom scenario article as if it's fact. I actually expect the NFL to do a lot better than expected. Interest and revenue has gone up every year. Combine that with entertainment demand increasing due to a lack of things to do resulting from the pandemic. People are going to want football. The NFL won't have to compete with college or even high school for the most part. Ratings will be high. Don't be surprised if commercials seem to "increase" along with average game duration. The NFL knows how to make money.

While it's fine to prepare for worst case scenarios, I really don't see that playing out. IMO, the cap won't decrease at all in 2021. If I'm wrong, don't be surprised to see some kind of team "bailout" measures enacted to protect existing contracts. 

I agree it's not like they can just drop the cap that dramatically and just have to dump players. Teams are still handing record deals, I would think if they were worried about the cap dropping that dramatically they wouldn't be signing players to these big contracts. 

Reportedly a strain not a tear. According to Mosher they feared a tear and it happened lifting weights. If it happened at the NovaCare hell of a start for the new strength guy, screw up the team’s biggest off season acquisition. 

Wow I'm absolutely stunned. Another session on the horizon and more injuries. Same rubbish as the last few years, unbelievable. 

13 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I've been under the assumption that there will be some level of reduction in the 2021 salary cap - perhaps not as drastic as $40M (as projected in that piece I quoted).  Even if there is no reduction as you suspect and we still have that $20M to roll over come season’s end, we still enter the offseason $30M in the red (and would still place us at or near the bottom of the league).  Either way, Howie has his work cut out for him.  You can only kick the can down the road so much (as he has done repeatedly with Ertz, Johnson, Cox, etc.) before it catches up and you start making poor decisions to gain cap space (such as he did with Jeffery last year).  

Okay Zangaro says that apparently both Hargrave and Barnett have a realistic shot at week 1. If that's correct, whilst not ideal, it could have been a lot worse.

19 hours ago, RUEagle said:

Sign Jernigan...injured.  Sign Malik Jackson...injured.  Sign Javon Hargrave....injured.  

we have no luck w #2 DT’s

Bad luck with multiple DTs