Injured Javon Hargrave to Miss Multiple Weeks

time2rock

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Okay Zangaro says that apparently both Hargrave and Barnett have a realistic shot at week 1. If that's correct, whilst not ideal, it could have been a lot worse.

I just hope this is not another situation like DJax last year. Saying that he doesn't need surgery until he comes back and actually tears his pec. 

I hate how shady the Eagles are with injuries. 

21 hours ago, RUEagle said:

Sign Jernigan...injured.  Sign Malik Jackson...injured.  Sign Javon Hargrave....injured.  

we have no luck w #2 DT’s

We should have signed some scrub first to be DT#2, then signed Hargrave afterward and pretended he’d be DT#3!  :P

• Haha 3

On 8/17/2020 at 4:09 PM, RUEagle said:

Sign Jernigan...injured.  Sign Malik Jackson...injured.  Sign Javon Hargrave....injured.  

we have no luck w #2 DT’s

Man, this team is cursed with injuries. The last how many years? I know the last 3 in a row have been a nightmare.

Lol here comes another season of more injuries than we know what to do with. We really sold our soul to satan for that SB, because every season since has been straight MASH unit. 

10 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Lol here comes another season of more injuries than we know what to do with. We really sold our soul to satan for that SB, because every season since has been straight MASH unit. 

If that were the case, it was worth it!  :ph34r:

Seriously though, there are a ton of injuries around the league.  I think it was somewhat expected with such a limited offseason.  

Yeah. Don't worry too much about these "week to week" injuries. Normally, we'd be sitting these guys in preseason games. Without those games, this is how we sit them. Prepare to see a few more names (key players) added to the "week to week" list over the next few practices and expect them all back for game 1. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Yeah. Don't worry too much about these "week to week" injuries. Normally, we'd be sitting these guys in preseason games. Without those games, this is how we sit them. Prepare to see a few more names (key players) added to the "week to week" list over the next few practices and expect them all back for game 1. 

Don't worry about week to week injuries? With this team? Week to week means months and months usually. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Don't worry about week to week injuries? With this team? Week to week means months and months usually. 

Relax. In this year's training camp, "week to week" means being saved / protected for week 1. 

I know it's really hard to believe, but injuries are not unique to the Eagles. They are part of the NFL and all teams deal with them. Pessimism is fun and all, but if you don't gather your wits once in a while you'll always be susceptible to overreacting.

IMO, this is another example of the Eagles being too cautious and allowing the threat of injuries to interfere with season preparation. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 7:28 AM, brkmsn said:

Relax. In this year's training camp, "week to week" means being saved / protected for week 1. 

I know it's really hard to believe, but injuries are not unique to the Eagles. They are part of the NFL and all teams deal with them. Pessimism is fun and all, but if you don't gather your wits once in a while you'll always be susceptible to overreacting.

IMO, this is another example of the Eagles being too cautious and allowing the threat of injuries to interfere with season preparation. 

In all fairness, this was first posted when initially reported and made to seem much worse than subsequent reports.  No overreacting intended.  😉

There's something in the water I swear... just like Amoroso buns needs Philly water, the same water gets our players injured. I guess they gotta build up tolerance...

Seriously though. Dude played 63 of 64 games. Comes here.... 

Is he out for regular season week 1? I am confused about what 'multiple weeks' means?

Is it multiple weeks when the season starts or multiple weeks beggining Monday August 17th.

Or nobody on these boards really knows?

14 minutes ago, Iggle_nj said:

Is he out for regular season week 1? I am confused about what 'multiple weeks' means?

Is it multiple weeks when the season starts or multiple weeks beggining Monday August 17th.

Or nobody on these boards really knows?

With the eagles we never know. I thought they said he will be ready week one though. 

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

With the eagles we never know. I thought they said he will be ready week one though. 

They have i think... Or at least that he's got a really good chance. I just don't believe what they say when it comes to injuries. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They have i think... Or at least that he's got a really good chance. I just don't believe what they say when it comes to injuries. 

Agreed, when it comes to disclosing injuries (at least the severity of it, and even how those injuries are handled/treated by the medical staff), I have zero trust in them.  My guess is, he is being held out for precautionary measures so as not to make a minor injury worse which could impact being ready for the regular season.  I sure hope that is what is really going on here - I think that is the right approach with some of these players.  I get wanting to have him participate in team drills since he is new here to develop chemistry, but heck, that can come the first quarter of the season when I'm guessing 75% of the teams will look rusty and out of sync.  Just have these guys ready for Sep 13.  :flex:

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 8:19 PM, time2rock said:

If that were the case, it was worth it!  :ph34r:

This. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

Agreed, when it comes to disclosing injuries (at least the severity of it, and even how those injuries are handled/treated by the medical staff), I have zero trust in them.  My guess is, he is being held out for precautionary measures so as not to make a minor injury worse which could impact being ready for the regular season.  I sure hope that is what is really going on here - I think that is the right approach with some of these players.  I get wanting to have him participate in team drills since he is new here to develop chemistry, but heck, that can come the first quarter of the season when I'm guessing 75% of the teams will look rusty and out of sync.  Just have these guys ready for Sep 13.  :flex:

Inside the Birds on one of their pods this week said for everyone to relax, exhale, they'll be OK and fine. That's fine with any other team but this one? Not a chance am I trusting what they tell us. No way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

I have a feeling missing a couple weeks is the season. And will probably turn into 5 weeks.

And eventually we'll complain and second guess why he didn't start the year on PUP so they could have used his roster spot 🤣

We are exaggerating for a laugh, but we all did that with Desean in week 3 last year too.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

And eventually we'll complain and second guess why he didn't start the year on PUP so they could have used his roster spot 🤣

We are exaggerating for a laugh, but we all did that with Desean in week 3 last year too.

That's the thing isn't it... We are exaggerating but actually the sad truth is it will go that way. 

Dillard is the latest victim ... left practice with an undisclosed injury.  Interestingly Mailata was the first to replace him.  

It's concerning, that the season is around the corner. DT, and DE are concerns.. On Game 1, we will see what the roster is? 

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Dillard is the latest victim ... left practice with an undisclosed injury.  Interestingly Mailata was the first to replace him.  

Were you thinking the would insert Peters (see what I did there)? 

13 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Were you thinking the would insert Peters (see what I did there)? 

I've seen depth charts (not that they mean much) that have Wanogho penciled in as LT2 behind Dillard (with Mailata RT2 behind Johnson).  I suppose they are hoping Mailata has progressed enough to be relied on as the top swing tackle at both spots, similar to how they used Big V.  

I’m not as concerned with guys like Hargrove getting injured. I think he’s going to be ready by the start of the season. Miles Sanders I think he will be ready as well, but guys like Barnett, Dillard, Sidney Jones, and JJAW need all the reps that they can get. They concern me more than anyone because they’re the people who need to take that next step. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not as concerned with guys like Hargrove getting injured. I think he’s going to be ready by the start of the season. Miles Sanders I think he will be ready as well, but guys like Barnett, Dillard, Sidney Jones, and JJAW need all the reps that they can get. They concern me more than anyone because they’re the people who need to take that next step. 

Yeah those are the guys that need to get out there and show everyone what they can do. Show everyone they are ready for what's a big big year ahead for them.