Top 3 Games Where the Refs Screwed the Eagles

PhillyGreenMachine

I don't know that it changed the outcome of the game because it happened so early on, but the Eagles - Saints playoff game where Reggie Bush got absolutely wrecked and they called it an incomplete pass instead of a fumble has always pissed me off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Like others on this thread have said, you can't blame refs for losses. Good teams rise above bad calls -- for the most part.

That being said, I still can't believe we didn't get awarded the opening kickoff fumble recovery against Dallas in 2018 -- and the Dallas Goedert PI overturning his 71-yard TD still throws me into a manic rage.

I agree but there are those rare games where the refs are bad.

57 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

I don't know that it changed the outcome of the game because it happened so early on, but the Eagles - Saints playoff game where Reggie Bush got absolutely wrecked and they called it an incomplete pass instead of a fumble has always pissed me off.

I think it’s because the linebacker didn’t recover the ball 

On 8/18/2020 at 5:56 PM, 315Eagles said:

Not sure what the top 3 games are but I'm willing to bet Pete Morelli was the head ref in all of them.

The top ones are all him and Mike Carey. 

I was at that Dallas game with the kickoff fumble BS call. I remember on that Goedert TD that got called back on a stupid OPI penatly a cowboys fan poked my back and then acted like he was wiping tears. I was so close to fighting him.

• Sad 1

Refs missed a Greg Favors late hit on Donovan McNabb in the NFC championship in 03. We ended up with no flag and a quarterback with broken ribs.