Madden 21

heyeaglefn

Year 2 I won't be buying that garbage. Went from buying it every single year since it's existence to not at all the last 2 years

This is all EA has left they better get it straightened out before 2k takes all the sports games from them

• Like 1

2K won't be taking NFL from them, they have the ability for an arcade game but NFL just signed a new contract with EA for realistic football.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

2K won't be taking NFL from them, they have the ability for an arcade game but NFL just signed a new contract with EA for realistic football.  

I know that but, I'm sure 2k can do a work around and put something out there that is close to simulation football. It's not that difficult to just do a couple things in a video game that is not simulation football to make it considered arcade. 

2k got the players licensing and they stated they will make it as authentic as possible. 

Madden is supposed to be realistic but it isn't even close it's hot garbage. 2k can probably put out a better arcade version that is more realistic then madden

I've pre-ordered it through Amazon. I got an email today saying that the shipment has been delayed and it won't be shipped to arrive on the Friday like it was supposed to. In fact they don't know when it will arrive. 

Is it really going to be that bad because I might cancel my order considering it won't arrive on the day anyway. I hated 18 and despised 19 (played a total of 3 hours). 20 I really enjoyed and played the sheet out of it. I'm talking close to 300 hours on that game and mostly in franchise. 

From what I've read the game play is improved and graphics look better. The yard mode is jarring but fun and the whole game is filled with bugs. Those bugs normally get fixed pretty quickly so I'm wondering if the delay in shipping is covid related or them sorting out a patch prior to release related?

7 hours ago, Mat said:

I've pre-ordered it through Amazon. I got an email today saying that the shipment has been delayed and it won't be shipped to arrive on the Friday like it was supposed to. In fact they don't know when it will arrive. 

Is it really going to be that bad because I might cancel my order considering it won't arrive on the day anyway. I hated 18 and despised 19 (played a total of 3 hours). 20 I really enjoyed and played the sheet out of it. I'm talking close to 300 hours on that game and mostly in franchise. 

From what I've read the game play is improved and graphics look better. The yard mode is jarring but fun and the whole game is filled with bugs. Those bugs normally get fixed pretty quickly so I'm wondering if the delay in shipping is covid related or them sorting out a patch prior to release related?

It's hard to say right now. I've watched a ton of YouTube reviews on it and people are trashing the hell out of it. They said the yard is new and fun for a little bit but, it loses its fun quickly when the same old Madden bugs and BS animations show up. 

I skipped last year first time ever and wanted so badly to get this one cause I love football games but, I don't think I'm going to I'm tired of the same nonsense with them. 

On 8/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, heyeaglefn said:

Which is ridiculous considering they spend more time and effort on the arcadey modes of Madden.  

On 8/23/2020 at 8:09 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's hard to say right now. I've watched a ton of YouTube reviews on it and people are trashing the hell out of it. They said the yard is new and fun for a little bit but, it loses its fun quickly when the same old Madden bugs and BS animations show up. 

I skipped last year first time ever and wanted so badly to get this one cause I love football games but, I don't think I'm going to I'm tired of the same nonsense with them. 

I played a couple games over the weekend on trial.  If you liked 20 then you would most likely enjoy 21.  I thought the running game was more realistic in my time.  

10 minutes ago, Machine said:

Which is ridiculous considering they spend more time and effort on the arcadey modes of Madden.  

I think Madden is doing that because they are worried about 2k making a game that is even remotely threatening to their brand. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think Madden is doing that because they are worried about 2k making a game that is even remotely threatening to their brand. 

Here's an idea.  Make a good simulation focused game and immersive franchise, and ditch all the crap, and 2k has no chance of competing with an NFL BLITZ type game 

9 minutes ago, Machine said:

Here's an idea.  Make a good simulation focused game and immersive franchise, and ditch all the crap, and 2k has no chance of competing with an NFL BLITZ type game 

EA won't do that

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

EA won't do that

Then I don't understand the contract for simulation football if they're not even doing that to an acceptable degree.  Competition breeds quality.

1 minute ago, Machine said:

Then I don't understand the contract for simulation football if they're not even doing that to an acceptable degree.  Competition breeds quality.

I don't understand it either. All i wanted was competition for Madden so they would stop putting out the same BS every year. Even if 2k is not allowed to make simulation football I think they will come up with something better then madden . 2k said it themselves they will make it as close to authentic as possible. I don't think 2k even gets themselves involved if they thought they only had an arcade type option. 

9 hours ago, Machine said:

I played a couple games over the weekend on trial.  If you liked 20 then you would most likely enjoy 21.  I thought the running game was more realistic in my time.  

I guess I'll be keeping my pre-order. I saw that you can now reach out for the first down/endzone which is a nice touch but way overdue. 

7 hours ago, Mat said:

I guess I'll be keeping my pre-order. I saw that you can now reach out for the first down/endzone which is a nice touch but way overdue. 

It's still ridiculous.  I chuckle every time I load up the game and see how they are clearly marketing to young people and pimping the arcade games.  It's become a joke.

I enjoyed the actual gameplay. 

I also couldn't find one suitable white face and features.  No matter what the best I can look like is Patrick Mahomes.  I don't understand.  

They force you to create some sort of character in the beginning. 

I think the overall product is bad.  They have too many different modes that nobody cares about.  

JUST MAKE A SIMULATION FOOTBALL GAME.  

The actual gameplay itself I've enjoyed so far but I haven't played more than a handful of games. 

Shameful that they didn't do anything to Franchise mode again. That said, the simplicity of it worked with my group of friends and our online league we had last year, aside from a couple of users who abused the poor CPU trade logic and just fleeced them of all their high draft picks for garbage players. If you set rules like this with the people you play with going into an online franchise it really isn't THAT bad. 

16 hours ago, Mat said:

Yes but even that is wonky as you get stuck in an animation where you are reaching for the endzone before the guy even starts to tackle you

On 8/26/2020 at 2:01 PM, JBENT87 said:

Shameful that they didn't do anything to Franchise mode again. That said, the simplicity of it worked with my group of friends and our online league we had last year, aside from a couple of users who abused the poor CPU trade logic and just fleeced them of all their high draft picks for garbage players. If you set rules like this with the people you play with going into an online franchise it really isn't THAT bad. 

Never let users trade with the cpu, that should be rule #1.  

39 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

Never let users trade with the cpu, that should be rule #1.  

We allow it BUT it must be agreed on by users.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, Machine said:

We allow it BUT it must be agreed on by users.

yeah my league was kinda working on an honor system until it got out of hand and some of the later add ons wanted to add their friends who then didnt know anyone so they cannibalized the league by abusing these rules. You don't really have a lot of commish power in these leagues to review/reverse trades (or didnt last year, I dont think). So going forward we now know to only invite legit people and establish early that nobody can fleece the CPU (lol @ this stupid a** game that this conversation needs to be had). 

On 8/21/2020 at 9:23 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know that but, I'm sure 2k can do a work around and put something out there that is close to simulation football. It's not that difficult to just do a couple things in a video game that is not simulation football to make it considered arcade. 

2k got the players licensing and they stated they will make it as authentic as possible. 

Madden is supposed to be realistic but it isn't even close it's hot garbage. 2k can probably put out a better arcade version that is more realistic then madden

NFL Street or blitz need a reboot. 

8 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

NFL Street or blitz need a reboot. 

Just saw that Madden had the worse sales they have ever had and #nfldropEA is trending and EA is now giving their game away for free lol. They are in trouble and they know it! Most will even buy an arcade game style over Madden at this point. 

• Like 1