Madden 21

heyeaglefn

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Just saw that Madden had the worse sales they have ever had and #nfldropEA is trending and EA is now giving their game away for free lol. They are in trouble and they know it! Most will even buy an arcade game style over Madden at this point. 

They are still making millions on MUT which is where they make their money.  

I got my copy today. I just messed around for 20 minutes or so after I created my character to get a feel for it. 

MUT is a microtransaction goldmine. Too many packs require real dollars again. I probably won't play it much at all. 

I started an exhibition game and played a drive on offense and defense. The Eagles LB'ers are absolute trash which is accurate. The new pass rush controls are fun. They're much better than last years and it's fun playing with Cox and Graham. I bull rushed and put the opposing tackle on their a**. Speed rush moves inside and out also work really well. 

Offense felt like last years. The AI seems to read underneath routes a lot better and if you get whacked the receiver will drop the ball a bit more compared to last year. Felt fine gameplay wise

I'll get into a proper game later and check out franchise mode. No bugs so maybe they've patched them out?

16 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Just saw that Madden had the worse sales they have ever had and #nfldropEA is trending and EA is now giving their game away for free lol. They are in trouble and they know it! Most will even buy an arcade game style over Madden at this point. 

I mean if it’s free it’s for me. 

13 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

They are still making millions on MUT which is where they make their money.  

Yeah no sheet but, gamers are starting to make progress in at least getting EA to put out a better game or NFL taking notice how much the gaming community is getting sick of their product. A major reason why the NFL stopped other developers from making games is because 2k was selling their game cheaper then EA and NFL didn't take kindly to 2k not making as much as possible. So now EA is trying to give their game away because people are pissed off at EA's sheet product. 

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I mean if it’s free it’s for me. 

As long as you don't get roped into their MUT micro-transactions I'd play it for free too

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah no sheet but, gamers are starting to make progress in at least getting EA to put out a better game or NFL taking notice how much the gaming community is getting sick of their product. A major reason why the NFL stopped other developers from making games is because 2k was selling their game cheaper then EA and NFL didn't take kindly to 2k not making as much as possible. So now EA is trying to give their game away because people are pissed off at EA's sheet product. 

As long as you don't get roped into their MUT micro-transactions I'd play it for free too

How do you get it for free?

Havent played in a few years cause they suck anymore but Id be willing to mess around for the low low price of zero doll hairs.

3 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

How do you get it for free?

Havent played in a few years cause they suck anymore but Id be willing to mess around for the low low price of zero doll hairs.

Basically have to suck EA's arse on Twitter since they are getting absolutely destroyed lol

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2020/08/31/madden-21-how-to-get-a-free-copy-on-ps4-and-xb1/

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don’t even know what MUT is :groovy:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Not worth it. I don't have a twitter anyway.

Exactly, even game reviewers that usually praise the hell out of Madden are bashing the sheet out of it. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I mean I don't know how much progress they are making, the NFL just signed a long contract extension with EA.  The NFL would need to step in to get real progress and they only care about the money, which is micro transactions.  

On 8/21/2020 at 9:23 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know that but, I'm sure 2k can do a work around and put something out there that is close to simulation football. It's not that difficult to just do a couple things in a video game that is not simulation football to make it considered arcade. 

2k got the players licensing and they stated they will make it as authentic as possible. 

Madden is supposed to be realistic but it isn't even close it's hot garbage. 2k can probably put out a better arcade version that is more realistic then madden

I just hope 2k doesnt make something like NBA playgrounds or WWE battlegrounds for its NFL game.

On 8/25/2020 at 3:48 PM, Machine said:

I played a couple games over the weekend on trial.  If you liked 20 then you would most likely enjoy 21.  I thought the running game was more realistic in my time.  

I'm enjoying 21 so far.  Agree about the run game.  Pass game was tough at first but got more comfortable after awhile.

These bugs and glitches I see videos of on YouTube never happen to me.  I never play MUT, Franchise or Face of the Franchise and that seems like what most complain about.

It’s better than last years but somehow still terrible

quick thoughts from a guy that plays exclusively H2H Online. I have no idea what face of the franchise is or MUT or any of the other modes. I stopped playing madden 20 h2h online with a 340-223 record so I’m pretty decent...

boston Scott as your rb1 is a lot more fun than sanders. same with goedert as TE1 and ertz as fullback lol 

the game makes you realize how many guys we have that cash rush the passer. Not sure how many will be available this season but Cox, Graham, Hargrave, Jackson, Curry, Sweat and Barnett is a lot to work with

you also realize how many speed is on this team and I have been blowing a lot of ppl out. Current online record is 11-4. Desean (95), Marquise (97) Reagor (93) Watkins (94) Hightower (92) all pass catchers over 92 speed thats pretty crazy. 

I HATE how when you get an interception you can’t control your defensive player for like 2 seconds so fing stupid and frustrating because it’s not like the AI is running intelligently for you, he’s just running in the direction he caught the football and that could be right into traffic for a tackle smh 

i also hate how if you are in a hurry on offense the qb will throw the ball without your consent to the A/X receiver usually your TE for no reason as soon as the ball is snapped. Dangerous pass usually leads to unnecessary interception. 

Darius Slay and Maddox as CB1 and Cb2 are incredible. Hopefully it plays out that way during the season

Linebackers are SLOW and horrible. 

USER LURK with a linebacker is a joke you can’t keep up with anybody not even tight ends. Last year I remember keeping up with a lot of players with KGH and Gerry 

I typically USER with safety Rudy Ford (92speed). Still can be slow at times so I’ll user with a corner back some plays especially against the chiefs. Everybody is 98 speed on that team SMH 

Did they fix the bs when you throw to a WR anywhere near the hash thats moving towards the sidline, he continues on a b-line right out of bounds, unable to turn up field? 

22 hours ago, What The F said:

Did they fix the bs when you throw to a WR anywhere near the hash thats moving towards the sidline, he continues on a b-line right out of bounds, unable to turn up field? 

They fixed that for the first time ever this year. So that means next year it will be gone

• Haha 1

Guys...... it's EA. Has there ever been a game they released that wasn't glitchy?  There's been games throughout the years that they release and never even make an attempt to fix.

They don't care..... they have your money.

• 5 weeks later...

Madden disappointment is an annual rite of passage for sports gamers. Same story every year.

With so many games having free PS4 to PS5 upgrade.... I'm wondering if I should use black friday to get some $20 game discounts that will allow me to download/play the $70 PS5 version... 

8 hours ago, Agent23 said:

With so many games having free PS4 to PS5 upgrade.... I'm wondering if I should use black friday to get some $20 game discounts that will allow me to download/play the $70 PS5 version... 

If that's allowed, that's a no brainer. Buy as many as you can

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Toty said:

Did they fix the kickoff wind direction yet?

I've been waiting about 26 years

Yes by getting rid of kickoffs all together lol. No kickoffs = no wind