Earl Thomas

NYGFEAGLE

On 8/23/2020 at 10:55 AM, CaliEagle said:

I doubt they would release him just for a fight in camp.  He must have assaulted the guy. I would pass. He's been a mess. He flipped off Carroll. He cheated on his wife to the point where she threatened him. I doubt he was blameless in that situation. And, now this. 

LOL — she didn’t threaten him; she pointed a loaded pistol at his head, with the safety off.

While we're at it, let's line the locker room with asbestos, give the players free smokes and serve some GMO foods in the post game buffet.......oh, and add earl thomas to the cancer causing agenda.......great player, but an a--- hole.

Earl Thomas from a talent standpoint would certainly be an upgrade over Jalen Mills and Rodney McLeod, but if he's still sitting out there in FA and being passed up on by the Cowboys and 49ers already, those character concerns must be legit. Thomas could theoretically allow Mills to return to CB, but he could also disrupt a defensive locker room still looking to fill the leadership void created by Malcolm Jenkins, when he left the Eagles.

On 8/28/2020 at 12:35 AM, eaglesfan0075 said:

Earl Thomas from a talent standpoint would certainly be an upgrade over Jalen Mills and Rodney McLeod, but if he's still sitting out there in FA and being passed up on by the Cowboys and 49ers already, those character concerns must be legit. Thomas could theoretically allow Mills to return to CB, but he could also disrupt a defensive locker room still looking to fill the leadership void created by Malcolm Jenkins, when he left the Eagles.

Now granted camp isn’t game time, but the word is Mills is having a great camp right now. Overall it seems like there’s a lot of baggage with Thomas right now. The idea of him and Graham being on the same team would be an Interesting dynamic to say the least after all of those earlier in their careers debates on who the Eagles should have taken. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Howie needs to add some real talent to this defense and with Parks going down this move may be a necessity.

If we were not in a position to pay Howard to retain him I don't think we'll be able to pay Thomas what he will likely get.  We'll likely have to roll with Wallace and either Ford or Epps as depth until Parks is back (I just wonder what "multiple weeks" means regarding how much time reportedly he'll miss - guess we'll have a better idea when the first official injury report comes out next week).  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

If we were not in a position to pay Howard to retain him I don't think we'll be able to pay Thomas what he will likely get.  We'll likely have to roll with Wallace and either Ford or Epps as depth until Parks is back (I just wonder what "multiple weeks" means regarding how much time reportedly he'll miss - guess we'll have a better idea when the first official injury report comes out next week).  

Its just a mess. I mean i agree I don't think we have the money either but this secondary is already such a concern. At least Parks has played in the NFL and at least he's done pretty well. We have no idea if Mills will be any good at Safety and we have no idea what Wallace will do in the NFL. And Epps? I mean he's a ST guy right? Certainly not a viable starting option?

Still a no for me. Parks will be back. Don't see a reason to bring in Thomas at his age, expense and attitude 

37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Its just a mess. I mean i agree I don't think we have the money either but this secondary is already such a concern. At least Parks has played in the NFL and at least he's done pretty well. We have no idea if Mills will be any good at Safety and we have no idea what Wallace will do in the NFL. And Epps? I mean he's a ST guy right? Certainly not a viable starting option?

Have took Parks isn’t sidelined for more than a couple games and that McLeod and Mills can stay healthy.  

I think the Cowboys will eventually bring Earl Thomas in, as they just released Haha Clinton-Dix today and still need help at safety.

Thomas has expressed his affinity for Texas and playing for the Cowboys in the past, and it doesn't look like much will stop him from doing so.

However, this does make Clinton-Dix an option for the Eagles if they aren't happy with the current starters.

35 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I think the Cowboys will eventually bring Earl Thomas in, as they just released Haha Clinton-Dix today and still need help at safety.

Thomas has expressed his affinity for Texas and playing for the Cowboys in the past, and it doesn't look like much will stop him from doing so.

However, this does make Clinton-Dix an option for the Eagles if they aren't happy with the current starters.

So Ha Ha has been on 3 teams in the last few years and couldnt make it on the Cowboys after just getting signed and you think he would be a option for us? Im not sure why he would be a fit or why we even need him with Rodney, Mills, Wallace and Parks a lock to make the team. Parks is only out a few weeks and not worth wasting a roster spot for a washed up player. 

15 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

So Ha Ha has been on 3 teams in the last few years and couldnt make it on the Cowboys after just getting signed and you think he would be a option for us? Im not sure why he would be a fit or why we even need him with Rodney, Mills, Wallace and Parks a lock to make the team. Parks is only out a few weeks and not worth wasting a roster spot for a washed up player. 

That's what I was gonna say...why the hell should the Eagles want someone another team didn't want who he needed a player  the plays his position. Maybe he's just not a fit but he's been on far too many teams after his Packers years. 

17 minutes ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

That's what I was gonna say...why the hell should the Eagles want someone another team didn't want who he needed a player  the plays his position. Maybe he's just not a fit but he's been on far too many teams after his Packers years. 

Yep

Redskins- Half a season

Bears- 1 season

Cowboys- Camp

Doesn't look good for him. The writing is on the wall. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Yep

Redskins- Half a season

Bears- 1 season

Cowboys- Camp

Yeah which is insane.....that year he got traded from GB he was ranked the #1 safety in the league.......went to Washington and his career was killed. For what its worth I didn't think he looked terrible for the Bears but if you are getting cut during camp.....that may say about where you are at right now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 5:27 PM, DeathByEagle said:

Yep

Redskins- Half a season

Bears- 1 season

Cowboys- Camp

As a 6 year starting safety who's only 27,  Clinton Dix got to be better than we have on the roster right now behind McLeod based on Vet smarts if nothing else, although Dallas' safety group looks as underwhelming as ours so who knows whats going on?

21 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

As a 6 year starting safety who's only 27,  Clinton Dix got to be better than we have on the roster right now behind McLeod based on Vet smarts if nothing else, although Dallas' safety group looks as underwhelming as ours so who knows whats going on?

I'd be interested in taking a look at Clinton Dix. To me this year is about establishing the future.