Chadwick Boseman - Black Panther - Dead at 43

Captain F

I honestly didn't expect to read this right now. He has diagnosed in 2016 which means he shot Black Panther, Avengers and 21 Bridges while battling the disease. That's pretty crazy 

RIP

• Like 1

Kinda crazy that the guy who played Jackie Robinson in the move 42 dies on Jackie Robinson day in MLB.

F off 2020.

• Sad 1

Damn! Terribly sad to hear. I loved him in 42. Prayers for his family

50 minutes ago, Mat said:

I honestly didn't expect to read this right now. He has diagnosed in 2016 which means he shot Black Panther, Avengers and 21 Bridges while battling the disease. That's pretty crazy 

RIP

He did 4 MCU films while battling colon cancer and was scheduled to do Black Panther 2 to be released in 2022.  

49 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Kinda crazy that the guy who played Jackie Robinson in the move 42 dies on Jackie Robinson day in MLB.

F off 2020.

And he was 42yo when he died.  

RIP

3 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

He did 4 MCU films while battling colon cancer and was scheduled to do Black Panther 2 to be released in 2022.  

And he was 42yo when he died.  

RIP

Not really a time to nit pick but, he was 43. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not really a time to nit pick but, he was 43. 

IMDB listed his age at 42.  You'd think a site that is for info about film/TV entertainment industry would be able to get it right?

11 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

IMDB listed his age at 42.  You'd think a site that is for info about film/TV entertainment industry would be able to get it right?

You would think but I think that is literally the only site that got it wrong. Even the link on ThE OP says 42 but, if you click on it it says 43 . 

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You would think but I think that is literally the only site that got it wrong. Even the link on ThE OP says 42 but, if you click on it it says 43 . 

I think OP says 42 because he was in the movie 42. Also says Black Panther right after.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I think OP says 42 because he was in the movie 42. Also says Black Panther right after.

Oh ok that makes sense. 

That's no age to go it really isn't. What an absolute hero for doing Black Panther, IW and Endgame all whilst battling this horrible disease. 

really feel terrible for these black kids who idolized this guy for BP. I personally didn't love the movie but seeing the way it impacted others and now to not have a sequel is heartbreaking. Then ya consider he also portrayed Jackie Robinson as well, this guy took on some huge roles. All the while battling cancer for a few of them and didn't tell anyone. Definitely a Kobe like sadness in this. 

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Born 11/29/1977 Died 08/28/2020.

He would not have turned 43 until November 29th.

I think there is confusion as some places are saying he was born in 1976.  IMDB says 1977.

If you google "Chadwick Boseman" birth date and click the links in order, you get alternating answers it seems.

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think there is confusion as some places are saying he was born in 1976.  IMDB says 1977.

If you google "Chadwick Boseman" birth date and click the links in order, you get alternating answers it seems.

I've come across more that he was 43 then 42 it's definitely and odd thing that no one has a sure answer on a guys birthday but, this is 2020

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yeah I saw 76. Young either way. I'm 43. This year has me reevaluating my future plans for sure. Nothing is guaranteed. A guy I work with was 2 weeks from retirement and found out he had terminal cancer. Died a month later. Saving a boatload of cash for retirement when you might not even get there seems foolish lately

FB_IMG_1598727890269.jpg

• Like 1

What a good guy, good actor in many good movies. This made me feel sad.

9 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

really feel terrible for these black kids who idolized this guy for BP. I personally didn't love the movie but seeing the way it impacted others and now to not have a sequel is heartbreaking. Then ya consider he also portrayed Jackie Robinson as well, this guy took on some huge roles. All the while battling cancer for a few of them and didn't tell anyone. Definitely a Kobe like sadness in this. 

What gets me is he did some of them while battling cancer. Even went to see terminal kids while battling cancer. Just wow.