Chadwick Boseman - Black Panther - Dead at 43

Captain F

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

What gets me is he did some of them while battling cancer. Even went to see terminal kids while battling cancer. Just wow.

Yeah I watched a video today from 2018. He was talking about 2 kids with terminal cancer he communicated with while making Black Panther. He said they told him they were just trying to hold on long enough to see the movie, and he broke down while talking about it. Watching it know, knowing he was fighting the same fight gave me chills.

12 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah I watched a video today from 2018. He was talking about 2 kids with terminal cancer he communicated with while making Black Panther. He said they told him they were just trying to hold on long enough to see the movie, and he broke down while talking about it. Watching it know, knowing he was fighting the same fight gave me chills.

I'm wondering if Marvel will replace him with someone else. I feel as though they should not. 

21 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm wondering if Marvel will replace him with someone else. I feel as though they should not. 

In the comics Suri took up the mantle of Black Panther for a while. They could do that i suppose.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:44 AM, JBENT87 said:

really feel terrible for these black kids who idolized this guy for BP. I personally didn't love the movie but seeing the way it impacted others and now to not have a sequel is heartbreaking. Then ya consider he also portrayed Jackie Robinson as well, this guy took on some huge roles. All the while battling cancer for a few of them and didn't tell anyone. Definitely a Kobe like sadness in this. 

I'm with others regarding how the guy was able to work while going through such a serious disease. I liked the first Black Panther, but I like comic movies in general. I don't know if I would want a BP2, but there have been a few small rumors that Marvel could use source material from the comic and make Shuri the new Black Panther. She was the one who was trying to fix Vision so he could live without the mind stone attached to his head in Infinity War.

black-panther-shuri_0.jpg

• Like 1

Really terrible loss. Always sad when someone so you g dies especially someone who meant a lot to their community. 

I def think Shuri should take the mantle and give little black girls the role model little black boys got to see with Boseman’s Panther

Lol there's no way they replace him. It'll be interesting seeing Shuri as the Black Panther

very sad news. brave soul to go through that with such dignity while still giving to others. 

i agree with others that suri should take the black panther mantle. 

• 5 months later...

Netflix has several Chadwick Boseman movies I've been meaning to check out.  Message from the King and Da 5 Bloods I haven't seen yet.  We just watched Ma Rainey's Black Bottom the other night.  He plays a trumpet player and is a very different character where he's hyper and talks a lot, cocky, mouthing off to everyone.  He was high energy the whole time.

This was his last movie before he died.  It was really sad to watch because he was so thin and frail from the chemo and cancer.  At the same time, it's inspiring to see how hard he was still working.  It had to be exhausting.  He was so high energy and talking and shouting the whole time.  Even to know he was going through that while shooting the Avengers movies.  

Check out his performance it's really good and really different than anything else he's done.