Wentz day-to-day with lower body injury

Hawkeye

What the heck? How does the guy with the red jersey on get injured in practice??? The Eagles might want to rethink their stance on Peters.

48 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

What the heck? How does the guy with the red jersey on get injured in practice??? The Eagles might want to rethink their stance on Peters.

He didn't practice today. Who knows, it could be related to the hit that happened a couple days ago.

7 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

He didn't practice today. Who knows, it could be related to the hit that happened a couple days ago.

Well if that’s true it isn’t very comforting either.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well if that’s true it isn’t very comforting either.

Well the Hurts pick becomes more important by the day. Again hated the pick but, it's more and more obvious why they did it. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well the Hurts pick becomes more important by the day. Again hated the pick but, it's more and more obvious why they did it. 

I thought Sudfeld is their guy? Hurts is still three, but we aren’t off to a good start with Carson already banged up. Honestly what really makes the Hurts pick bad was the failed Thorson pick a year earlier.  

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I thought Sudfeld is their guy? Hurts is still three, but we aren’t off to a good start with Carson already banged up. Honestly what really makes the Hurts pick bad was the failed Thorson pick a year earlier.  

Sudfeld is supposed to be but they didn't activate him last year when he was healthy so I feel like they will pass him by if the back up is called upon again. I think that is why they made the Hurts pick. They tried for thorson and he was so absolutely awful they thought it would be better to add depth and a back up much much sooner then waste another late round pick there. For eff sakes I don't know why I keep trying justify this sheet lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Sudfeld is supposed to be but they didn't activate him last year when he was healthy so I feel like they will pass him by if the back up is called upon again. I think that is why they made the Hurts pick. They tried for thorson and he was so absolutely awful they thought it would be better to add depth and a back up much much sooner then waste another late round pick there. For eff sakes I don't know why I keep trying justify this sheet lol. 

Personally I believe they wanted Easton Stick but the Chargers snapped him up the pick immediately before ours.   They wanted a developmental QB - rather than just take next player on their board they panicked and grabbed Thorson.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Personally I believe they wanted Easton Stick but the Chargers snapped him up the pick immediately before ours.   They wanted a developmental QB - rather than just take next player on their board they panicked and grabbed Thorson.  

Could of been panicky for sure either way it just didn't work out so they wanted to make a point to draft a true #2 with high upside to trade or take over. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Could of been panicky for sure either way it just didn't work out so they wanted to make a point to draft a true #2 with high upside to trade or take over. 

I believe that too, no doubt.  

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I thought they said that Wentz was fine after that. So the back injury is because of the hit from 4 days ago?

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought they said that Wentz was fine after that. So the back injury is because of the hit from 4 days ago?

Seems like we still have to hear the same sheet with injuries

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The report mentioned lower body injury.  First thing that came to mind was ankle.   Did you see it reported where it specifically said back injury?

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

The report mentioned lower body injury.  First thing that came to mind was ankle.   Did you see it reported where it specifically said back injury?

No. That was my mistake for reading it as lower back injury. My excuse is 2020

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

There's no mention of a back injury. I'm merely speculating here, but it's possible that his ankle or knee suffered a minor sprain from the hit and perhaps there's a little stiffness and they just want him to take it easy, but move around a bit. So they gave him the day off to be (overly) cautious. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Development QB in the 2nd round??? I mean really Howie needs to get a clue if that’s how he’s thinking. Anyways it doesn’t sound like Carson is hurt too bad, but they better make sure this line can protect him. Either that or use a lot of quick plays and plays to get Carson moving out the pocket.

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Development QB in the 2nd round??? 

You have a small window here, but if you get a chance to showcase your #2 QB and he impresses during his opportunity, that rookie contract can turn that 2nd round pick into a couple first round picks. 

It's a pretty big gamble when your team may have more pressing needs. With all that's going on currently and college football not being what it is normally. A guy like Hurts could be more valuable around the draft next year because of his youth, his college resume and 1 year of NFL experience compared to guys expected to sit out of football potentially the whole year. Most of us were shocked by the pick and didn't agree with it when it happened. But let's wait and see if this gamble pays off. 

26 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You have a small window here, but if you get a chance to showcase your #2 QB and he impresses during his opportunity, that rookie contract can turn that 2nd round pick into a couple first round picks. 

It's a pretty big gamble when your team may have more pressing needs. With all that's going on currently and college football not being what it is normally. A guy like Hurts could be more valuable around the draft next year because of his youth, his college resume and 1 year of NFL experience compared to guys expected to sit out of football potentially the whole year. Most of us were shocked by the pick and didn't agree with it when it happened. But let's wait and see if this gamble pays off. 

Naah.  We drafted him for a QB controversy and a QB controversy is exactly what we'll get. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, brkmsn said:

You’re not getting multiple first round picks for Hurts unless he plays a substantial amount of time. Guess what? If he plays a substantial amount of time it mean Carson is hurt again. If Carson is hurt again and Hurts played to the level of getting multiple 1st round picks Carson is the one who will be traded. The bottom line is this idea is the most convoluted and useless way to bank on a 2nd round pick I've ever heard. If this idea is really how Howie thinks 2nd round picks should be used then he should be fired. 

29 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You’re not getting multiple first round picks for Hurts unless he plays a substantial amount of time. Guess what? If he plays a substantial amount of time it mean Carson is hurt again. 

That's a distinct possibility. It's not the only possibility.

If the Eagles lead games big early, they could rest Wentz (and other starters) during 4th quarters of games. There are scenarios where they could choose to rest starters for entire games at the end of the season (It will be interesting this year to see if home field advantage is even a consideration for playoff games due to covid restrictions on fans). There has been talk since the draft of the Eagles attempting to put in certain packages for Hurts possibly in every game. 

Not every injury to Wentz is guaranteed to be a major injury and let's not forget that covid could cause a player to miss 2-3 games by itself. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

That's a distinct possibility. It's not the only possibility.

If the Eagles lead games big early, they could rest Wentz (and other starters) during 4th quarters of games. There are scenarios where they could choose to rest starters for entire games at the end of the season (It will be interesting this year to see if home field advantage is even a consideration for playoff games due to covid restrictions on fans). There has been talk since the draft of the Eagles attempting to put in certain packages for Hurts possibly in every game. 

Not every injury to Wentz is guaranteed to be a major injury and let's not forget that covid could cause a player to miss 2-3 games by itself. 

If the Eagles lead big at the end of games you’re not brining in Hurts to go out there and light it up. He’s going out there to hand the ball off and milk the game out. Anything other than that would be too risky. No one is giving you multiple first round picks cause Hurts came into some games to hand the ball off. The only way Hurts has real value is if he plays in a significant amount of games. I could see this as a good idea for any pick after the 4th round. Draft him, groom him, and flip him like they did A.J. Feely. To even consider this a good idea with a 2nd round pick Is asinine and again if this is Howie’s true thinking he should be fired.