Wentz day-to-day with lower body injury

Hawkeye

Much ado about nothing. Soft tissue injury = bruise

He'll more then likely be back next practice. 

Then again it's the eagles and their medical staff so worst case is......... a leg amputation.

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If the Eagles lead big at the end of games you’re not brining in Hurts to go out there and light it up. He’s going out there to hand the ball off and milk the game out. Anything other than that would be too risky. No one is giving you multiple first round picks cause Hurts came into some games to hand the ball off. The only way Hurts has real value is if he plays in a significant amount of games. I could see this as a good idea for any pick after the 4th round. Draft him, groom him, and flip him like they did A.J. Feely. To even consider this a good idea with a 2nd round pick Is asinine and again if this is Howie’s true thinking he should be fired.

Many teams have been dumb enough to do it. Kolb really only played a handful of games, AJ Feeley only a handful and didnt do much, the defense was the key. Jimmy trade to the 49ers. All of those landed 2nd round picks. Thats just 3 off the top of my head, I know there is more. 

Some of these teams are morons so you can never say never. 

As for Hurts, I still don't mind the pick. Im all in on Wentz but QB is the biggest paid and most important position. Backups are asking for 7 to 10 mill a year now. So you have to look at it as a cap savings and insurance policy for injury. 

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Many teams have been dumb enough to do it. Kolb really only played a handful of games, AJ Feeley only a handful and didnt do much, the defense was the key. Jimmy trade to the 49ers. All of those landed 2nd round picks. Thats just 3 off the top of my head, I know there is more. 

Some of these teams are morons so you can never say never. 

As for Hurts, I still don't mind the pick. Im all in on Wentz but QB is the biggest paid and most important position. Backups are asking for 7 to 10 mill a year now. So you have to look at it as a cap savings and insurance policy for injury. 

The pick of Hurts does not guarantee he will be a quality backup. Backup quarterbacks can demand a lot of money. At least the ones who have proven they can play and win. I’ll add none of the players you mentioned as trade ever amounted to multiple first round picks. You simply aren’t getting that type of haul for a guy who occasionally plays or has a limited amount of usage. I would also add both Jimmy G and Kolb were not drafted to be groomed to be backups. They were groomed to be replacements, but the other options turned out to be better. Using a 2nd round pick on a developmental QB as a backup who at this moment hasn’t even overtaken the other QB you have been grooming for years that you picked off the scrap heap isn’t my idea of a good use of a 2nd round pick. It’s the type of move that a team would make if they’re stacked with all pros all over the lineup. Or a team that is just overthinking the entire process. You mean to tell me you think the Eagles are so stacked that they can waste picks on hopes and prayers like this?

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

The pick of Hurts does not guarantee he will be a quality backup. Backup quarterbacks can demand a lot of money. At least the ones who have proven they can play and win. I’ll add none of the players you mentioned as trade ever amounted to multiple first round picks. You simply aren’t getting that type of haul for a guy who occasionally plays or has a limited amount of usage. I would also add both Jimmy G and Kolb were not drafted to be groomed to be backups. They were groomed to be replacements, but the other options turned out to be better. Using a 2nd round pick on a developmental QB as a backup who at this moment hasn’t even overtaken the other QB you have been grooming for years that you picked off the scrap heap isn’t my idea of a good use of a 2nd round pick. It’s the type of move that a team would make if they’re stacked with all pros all over the lineup. Or a team that is just overthinking the entire process. You mean to tell me you think the Eagles are so stacked that they can waste picks on hopes and prayers like this?

I see a team in cap trouble, a team that has a very good QB but has has issues with injury. Put it together and you might have to take a chance on a 2nd round pick that you feel could have a good effect on the team if he plays and pay him nothing to do so. Your saving now 6-7-8+ mill on top of that. Your taking a chance on ANY player you pick with that pick. You mentioned you didnt even like the pick of Goedert in another threat in the 2nd and he turned out to be a very good player for us to this point and hes a backup. Sometimes you go with the best player on your board and Hurts could have been that guy for the FO. Makes sense to me for a backup for the most important position on the field and the highest paid position on the field for chump change. 

The problem is your saying hes a bad pick without a single game being played yet. No one can be evaluated until 2-3 seasons after the draft. He might get zero use which is a good think btw. He could be a great pick and win important games for us, or finish a season for us and save a season. Or he could be terrible and nothing but a gimmick player. The thing is you don't know that right now. Just like any other player they would have taken over him with that 2nd round pick. You can take a guess, but no one knows. 

48 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I see a team in cap trouble, a team that has a very good QB but has has issues with injury. Put it together and you might have to take a chance on a 2nd round pick that you feel could have a good effect on the team if he plays and pay him nothing to do so. Your saving now 6-7-8+ mill on top of that. Your taking a chance on ANY player you pick with that pick. You mentioned you didnt even like the pick of Goedert in another threat in the 2nd and he turned out to be a very good player for us to this point and hes a backup. Sometimes you go with the best player on your board and Hurts could have been that guy for the FO. Makes sense to me for a backup for the most important position on the field and the highest paid position on the field for chump change. 

The problem is your saying hes a bad pick without a single game being played yet. No one can be evaluated until 2-3 seasons after the draft. He might get zero use which is a good think btw. He could be a great pick and win important games for us, or finish a season for us and save a season. Or he could be terrible and nothing but a gimmick player. The thing is you don't know that right now. Just like any other player they would have taken over him with that 2nd round pick. You can take a guess, but no one knows. 

He’s a bad pick regardless if he’s a good or bad player. The same goes for Goedert. Why are drafting backup players with high picks? I makes no sense. If the concern is Carson is always hurt so we need someone of very good quality to back him up then why are you paying Carson so much money if you can’t count on him? It’s not a good way to run business. If you owned a Mercedes, but nearly every year It breaks down do you keep it? Think about it for a moment. The Eagles used a 2nd round pick (Goedert) to replace a guy they got off the scrap heap in Burton. The Eagles used a 2nd round pick to replace a guy they got off the scrap heap in Foles a guy they selected in the 3rd round. Worst of all if they’re trying to tell me Hurts is just their version of Taysom Hill then it really maddening. Really? A 2nd round pick for a player the Saints got for basically nothing? Not to mention Hill plays special teams also and it’s not likely Hurts will do that. My point isn’t about his talent. If you noticed I didn’t get on the Eagles for drafting Dillard or Barnett, and as of right now both of those players are not living up to their billing. At least in those cases the Eagles filled a spot with a need. Judging by drafting Hurts when they did the Eagles (by their logic) could draft another QB in the 1st round next season. By their logic they could a starting 150 tackle a season play making linebacker, but naw they would rather have another TE just in case. That’s why it makes no sense.

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s a bad pick regardless if he’s a good or bad player. The same goes for Goedert. 

All I had to do was read that first to stop reading.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

All I had to do was read that first to stop reading.

I should have tried to explain to you why drafting a bunch of guys high at the same positions is a bad idea. My bad. Stay clueless. 

22 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Reports say he didn’t practice today but was on the field and appeared to be walking comfortably.  They’re obviously being cautious but even the hint of an injury with this guy makes me nervous.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/30/carson-wentz-is-day-to-day-with-a-lower-body-injury/amp/

So, our MADE OF GLASS QB is hurt again.   No surprise since it seems to be consistent with this guy

• Haha 1

Well, walking is a good thing. I guess.

It's really only a matter of time before we see Hurts.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s a bad pick regardless if he’s a good or bad player. The same goes for Goedert. Why are drafting backup players with high picks? I makes no sense. If the concern is Carson is always hurt so we need someone of very good quality to back him up then why are you paying Carson so much money if you can’t count on him? It’s not a good way to run business. If you owned a Mercedes, but nearly every year It breaks down do you keep it? Think about it for a moment. The Eagles used a 2nd round pick (Goedert) to replace a guy they got off the scrap heap in Burton. The Eagles used a 2nd round pick to replace a guy they got off the scrap heap in Foles a guy they selected in the 3rd round. Worst of all if they’re trying to tell me Hurts is just their version of Taysom Hill then it really maddening. Really? A 2nd round pick for a player the Saints got for basically nothing? Not to mention Hill plays special teams also and it’s not likely Hurts will do that. My point isn’t about his talent. If you noticed I didn’t get on the Eagles for drafting Dillard or Barnett, and as of right now both of those players are not living up to their billing. At least in those cases the Eagles filled a spot with a need. Judging by drafting Hurts when they did the Eagles (by their logic) could draft another QB in the 1st round next season. By their logic they could a starting 150 tackle a season play making linebacker, but naw they would rather have another TE just in case. That’s why it makes no sense.

They don't look at it that way.  The Eagles philosophy is to take the best player available rather than reach for need.  

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

They don't look at it that way.  The Eagles philosophy is to take the best player available rather than reach for need.  

And that is how it should be. Now that plays a lot into the scouting department and how a player fits into a teams scheme. But in all sense, you take the best player not reach for a certain position. 

His first line tells you a lot about his thought process and made me stop reading. "He’s a bad pick regardless if he’s a good or bad player"

3 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Well, walking is a good thing. I guess.

It's really only a matter of time before we see Hurts.

:facepalm:      :sad:      :wacko:     :o      :huh:      :censored:      :LII:

10 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

The doesn’t explain why they drafted Smith or how they took JJAW when other receivers that were arguably better were still on the board. It also doesn’t explain how or why they drafted Marcus Smith. Also many of the players taken after Hurts were positions the Eagles had needs and probably wouldn’t be considered reaches. 

10 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

And that is how it should be. Now that plays a lot into the scouting department and how a player fits into a teams scheme. But in all sense, you take the best player not reach for a certain position. 

His first line tells you a lot about his thought process and made me stop reading. "He’s a bad pick regardless if he’s a good or bad player"

Tell me something. Is he a good pick if he doesn’t get to play cause he’s 3rd string or a 2nd string quarterback? 

On 8/30/2020 at 4:40 PM, The Norseman said:

Naah.  We drafted him for a QB controversy and a QB controversy is exactly what we'll get. 

Agreed. Plain and simple. With all the needs we had, it is a luxury to pick a developmental QB in the 2nd round. A luxury that we don't have and could not afford. Hurts was a highly rated QB and his only mission here is to push Wentz.