hunt's underperforming $$$ league team thread

mr_hunt

i drew the 1st pick in my 1/2 point ppr 12 teamer...so i'm taking mccaffrey.  my question is about who to take at the round 2/3 turn...picks 24/25.  i'm going to take 1 wr there, for sure.  it's the other pick i'm not sure of. 

the mocks & draft lists i've seen have 14 "trustworthy" rb's...and those 14 rb's have been gone before pick 24 in almost every mock i've done.  should i "reach" for one of the rb's ranked 15+ in the round 2/3 turn?  if i don't, i don't pick again until pick 48 & the rb's get really ugly at that point. there are still some wr's around though. 

here's a pretty average rb ranking so you can see the 14 rb's i'm talking about: 

1 1.01 Christian McCaffrey
2 1.02 Saquon Barkley
3 1.04 Ezekiel Elliott
4 1.05 Derrick Henry
5 1.06 Clyde Edwards-Helaire
6 1.06 Dalvin Cook
7 1.07 Alvin Kamara
8 1.09 Josh Jacobs
9 1.1 Joe Mixon
10 1.12 Nick Chubb
11 2.01 Kenyan Drake
12 2.02 Miles Sanders
13 2.02 Austin Ekeler
14 2.05 Aaron Jones
15 2.1 Chris Carson
16 2.12 James Conner
17 3.04 David Johnson
18 3.05 Todd Gurley
19 3.06 Jonathan Taylor
20 3.11 LeVeon Bell
21 3.12 Melvin Gordon
22 4.04 Mark Ingram

i'm trying to convince myself that one of carson, conner, or johnson would be okay as my rb2 but picking one of them at 24/25 seems early. :meh:  

thoughts? 

I'd pick Carson and be happy about it. It's the last chance you'll get to pick anything that resembles a sure thing. You're at the point where RBs fall off a cliff. I'd even look to snag Mahomes or Lamar here at QB if they fall. There will be decent WRs on the board in rounds 4-5, but I'd hate to wait until pick 48 for RB2 and be stuck starting that guy every week.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, toolg said:

I'd pick Carson and be happy about it. It's the last chance you'll get to pick anything that resembles a sure thing. You're at the point where RBs fall off a cliff. I'd even look to snag Mahomes or Lamar here at QB if they fall. There will be decent WRs on the board in rounds 4-5, but I'd hate to wait until pick 48 for RB2 and be stuck starting that guy every week.

thanks. that's where i'm leaning & carson seems to be the guy falling to me in mocks. we have a couple guys in my league who are really out there so i'm hoping there's a weird qb or te run that somehow allows one of the top 14 rb's to fall to me. 

you like carson over conner & dj? 

18 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

you like carson over conner & dj? 

Definitely. Conner has a shorter leash. DJ didn't look good the last time we saw him play. The knock on Carson is Hyde. I believe Hyde is only there as insurance, not to take carries away from Carson.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree, I think Carson would be a good pick there. McCaffrey, Carson, and the best WR available would be a really good start. 

I don’t think I’ve see. QBs go in any mocks before like round 4-5. I hope these WUtards in my league Tuesday draft all of them in the first few rounds! 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I don’t think I’ve see. QBs go in any mocks before like round 4-5. I hope these WUtards in my league Tuesday draft all of them in the first few rounds! 

Lamar and Mahomes just went in the first round in my draft tonight! The guys in this league I'm in, I'm not surprised. They are the only QBs I'd reach for in rounds 2-3. Once they're off the board, the next 10 QBs might as well the same....

okay, i wound up taking hopkins & carson at 24/25. good thing i did because rb's were trash by the time my next picks rolled around at 48/49.  i sort of choked at 49 & took d'andre swift...not really factoring in that they signed adrian peterson. :meh:   had mostert targeted but he went right before my pick. oh well...other options were kareem hunt, d.montgomery, a.gibson, fournette, & singletary. hopefully swift will pan out for me. 

other notes....russell wilson was snagged right before my pick in the 6th so i grabbed wentz 2 rounds later & backed him up w/ stafford. rb depth is not good but here's my team. 

SLOT
PLAYER
ACQ
QB
Carson WentzCarson Wentz
PhiQB
Draft
RB
Draft
RB
Chris CarsonChris Carson
SeaRB
Draft
WR
Draft
WR
Robert WoodsRobert Woods
LARWR
Draft
TE
Evan EngramEvan Engram
NYGTE
Draft
FLEX
DJ Chark Jr.DJ Chark Jr.
JaxWR
Draft
D/ST
Colts D/STColts D/ST
IndD/ST
Draft
K
Draft
Bench
D'Andre SwiftD'Andre Swift
DetRB
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Noah FantNoah Fant
DenTE
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Mike DavisMike Davis
CarRB
Draft

I just found out I have the top pick in my other money league draft tomorrow night.  I'm going to have the same dilemma for RB2.  I think I will grab Carson and a WR at the 2/3 turn if he is there like you did then try to load up on WR at the next turn.

On 9/5/2020 at 9:22 PM, toolg said:

Lamar and Mahomes just went in the first round in my draft tonight! The guys in this league I'm in, I'm not surprised. They are the only QBs I'd reach for in rounds 2-3. Once they're off the board, the next 10 QBs might as well the same....

i drafted my buddy's team for him (pet emergency) and both went Rd 1 there. It was a live draft... which maybe makes it a little more likely. When the dudes are ranked like 20s in the electronic draft room it should stand out as more of a reach to those guys who take them early lol 

On 9/6/2020 at 3:35 PM, mr_hunt said:

okay, i wound up taking hopkins & carson at 24/25. good thing i did because rb's were trash by the time my next picks rolled around at 48/49.  i sort of choked at 49 & took d'andre swift...not really factoring in that they signed adrian peterson. :meh:   had mostert targeted but he went right before my pick. oh well...other options were kareem hunt, d.montgomery, a.gibson, fournette, & singletary. hopefully swift will pan out for me. 

other notes....russell wilson was snagged right before my pick in the 6th so i grabbed wentz 2 rounds later & backed him up w/ stafford. rb depth is not good but here's my team. 

SLOT
PLAYER
ACQ
QB
Carson WentzCarson Wentz
PhiQB
Draft
RB
Draft
RB
Chris CarsonChris Carson
SeaRB
Draft
WR
Draft
WR
Robert WoodsRobert Woods
LARWR
Draft
TE
Evan EngramEvan Engram
NYGTE
Draft
FLEX
DJ Chark Jr.DJ Chark Jr.
JaxWR
Draft
D/ST
Colts D/STColts D/ST
IndD/ST
Draft
K
Draft
Bench
DetRB
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Noah FantNoah Fant
DenTE
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Mike DavisMike Davis
CarRB
Draft

i actually really like that. CMC and Carson is a nice 1-2, and Hopkins-Woods both can finish in top-10. Chark as flex is very solid too. I probably would have taken an upside flier on Fournette, but it's def very awkward RB spot that point in the draft. 

yeah, swift is my biggest regret. but i'll scour the rb waivers list like i always do. 

oh, and i didn't mention that one of my buddies rage-quit after he accidentally picked kittle instead of kelce at pick 13. what a tool. he f'n quits the draft & then quits the league on monday morning so i'm left scrambling to find a replacement to take over his sheety autopick team 3 days before the nfl season starts. <_<

7 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, swift is my biggest regret. but i'll scour the rb waivers list like i always do. 

oh, and i didn't mention that one of my buddies rage-quit after he accidentally picked kittle instead of kelce at pick 13. what a tool. he f'n quits the draft & then quits the league on monday morning so i'm left scrambling to find a replacement to take over his sheety autopick team 3 days before the nfl season starts. <_<

he not allowed to quit. you F up bro that's on you! Plus Kittle and Kelce had IDENTICAL PPG scoring last year! 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 3:35 PM, mr_hunt said:

SLOT
PLAYER
ACQ
QB
Carson WentzCarson Wentz
PhiQB
Draft
RB
Draft
RB
Chris CarsonChris Carson
SeaRB
Draft
WR
Draft
WR
Robert WoodsRobert Woods
LARWR
Draft
TE
Evan EngramEvan Engram
NYGTE
Draft
FLEX
DJ Chark Jr.DJ Chark Jr.
JaxWR
Draft
D/ST
Colts D/STColts D/ST
IndD/ST
Draft
K
Draft
Bench
DetRB
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Noah FantNoah Fant
DenTE
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Mike DavisMike Davis
CarRB
Draft

wentz f'd me this week but i still have a chance. need 15.2 points out of engram tonight...1/2 point ppr. :meh:  

46 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

wentz f'd me this week but i still have a chance. need 15.2 points out of engram tonight...1/2 point ppr. :meh:  

my friend and i took him, and had allllllll the Rodgers points on the bench.... <_<

I started Wentz this weekend too. It looked pretty good for a quarter or so. Then :thumbdown:.... Good news is I am up 38 points with Steelers kicker against JuJu and Steelers D.

On 9/14/2020 at 9:05 AM, mr_hunt said:

engram sucked. first pass to him...he completely dropped. 2nd one i saw...goal line target but miscommunication between him & the qb. 3rd one i saw....offensive pass interference on engram. 

if i started fant, i would've won...but i didn't. 

sheet.

i did handcuff him with mike davis...but it still sucks. doode never missed a game in his nfl career....until i drafted him. :lol:   

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

You playing against cbs experts?

nah...mostly morons. 

oh, and i won. :groovy:   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

mccaffrey out?  no big deal . i started james robinson. 

:flex:   

Same.  I have him on every team except your team league.