Eagles Working Out OT Cordy Glenn

time2rock

Mentioned many times in last few weeks that he would be the best option. Just makes sense. Keep JP at RG, Glenn at LT with Pryor and Jordan to play backup. Either that or make a trade for a backup on a rookie contract somewhere you've had your eye on.

19 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Mentioned many times in last few weeks that he would be the best option. Just makes sense. Keep JP at RG, Glenn at LT with Pryor and Jordan to play backup. Either that or make a trade for a backup on a rookie contract somewhere you've had your eye on.

Does keeping JP at RG and signing Glenn make more sense than kicking JP out to LT (where he has player for 11 years here) and playing Pryor at RG (where he has been training for the past 3 years and even has some live experience)?  I’m on the fence with this one.  

Just now, time2rock said:

Does keeping JP at RG and signing Glenn make more sense than kicking JP out to LT (where he has player for 11 years here) and playing Pryor at RG (where he has been training for the past 3 years and even has some live experience)?  I’m on the fence with this one.  

Id rather have JP at OG. Hes had reps there recently and with his age hes slowing down at LT. If Glenn does well you could have a player for a few more years as well if Dillard dont work out. 

The last time he was healthy was in 2018 when he was rated as the 62nd best tackle in the league. Last year he gave up four sacks in five games.

So we are thinking about signing a guy whose ceiling is being one of the worst tackles in the league, and who probably isn't going to stay healthy anyway.

Yippeee!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jsb235 said:

The last time he was healthy was in 2018 when he was rated as the 62nd best tackle in the league. Last year he gave up four sacks in five games.

So we are thinking about signing a guy whose ceiling is being one of the worst tackles in the league, and who probably isn't going to stay healthy anyway.

Yippeee!

Guess it can’t hurt to have him in for a look.  Doesn’t mean they’ll sign him.  I think they’ll watch the waiver wire to see who gets released in the next 20 hours (I believe teams need to be down to 53 by 4pm tomorrow).  It is all due diligence .... check out other options in advance to get a feel for how they might compare to Glenn.  

50 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Yippeee!

Peter's hasn't been healthy and 5 + years. He also gets at least one or two penalties a game. Every player has their ups and their downs each game. You also have to remember Glenn played for the Bengals who are absolute trash. When he played for the bills he actually had a nice career

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yes. Peters at LT isn't a good idea. People are living in the past with him

49 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

People expecting him to be 1st team All Pro at LT are living in the past. People expecting him to be a solid starter at LT are not. Who knows, though, he could be a Pro Bowler at RG. I guess we're going to find out. 

After Sat we will get a  decision for LT after the 53 man roster is known. I think Peters LT. The devil you know. with Pryor at RG. I still think they get a free agent or waiver wire pick up to be the swing Tackle/Guard backup. I don't think they start a free agent at LT/G for the 1st 1-3 games.

7 hours ago, Diddy1111 said:

Glenn is a better left tackle than Pryor would be. Which isn’t saying much. They need the depth tho. 

What it comes down to I guess. It will interesting to see how much they pay him to sign him if they can. Seems like he’s going to cost more than what it would cost to simply give Peters a salary bump. We will see.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

What it comes down to I guess. It will interesting to see how much they pay him to sign him if they can. Seems like he’s going to cost more than what it would cost to simply give Peters a salary bump. We will see.

But gives you another body when we badly need depth...

10 hours ago, Diddy1111 said:

Glenn is a better left tackle than Pryor would be. Which isn’t saying much. They need the depth tho. 

Well yeah I'd say that is a given.  I think the more relevant question is, is Glenn a better LT than Peters would be at this point in his career?  Personally I think they are just checking all options knowing exactly what they likely will have in JP should they decide in the end to kick him out - a solid but not spectacular LT anymore who will miss time here and there due to injury.  If that is how they roll the problem becomes figuring out who to throw in there when he is off the field. 

• Like 1

JP is too old and will only get worse in space vs. speed rushers. He showed signs of that decline for the past 2 years.

Dillard has a real chance of being the Cindy Jones of the O-line. Lacks strength, mental, emotional, and physical toughness. No killer instinct. I really hope I'm wrong. The Eagles can't afford him to be another PAC-12 soft on the inside bust.

If Glenn is the temporary fix needed, so be it.

• Like 1

Why is Glenn available in Sept if he was any good? Oline, especially LT is a premium position and Glenn must really suck now if no one wants him. 

7 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Why is Glenn available in Sept if he was any good? Oline, especially LT is a premium position and Glenn must really suck now if no one wants him. 

There isn't anyone good to get this time of year but, at least glenn played really well at one point in his career where the other 2 options on the team never played the position at all. Again though it doesn't really matter they are in trouble over there. They need someone that can fill in anyway possible

28 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There isn't anyone good to get this time of year but, at least glenn played really well at one point in his career where the other 2 options on the team never played the position at all. Again though it doesn't really matter they are in trouble over there. They need someone that can fill in anyway possible

Surely for a reasonable price they have no choice? He's played in the NFL, he's played at a decent level in the NFL and they need depth. 

On 9/4/2020 at 10:01 PM, Mike030270 said:

I don't think so,  Peters playing at the level he plays now still makes him one of the better LT's in the league.  For us, 1 false start per game is way better than your QB getting killed every 3rd play and a non existent running game. We are spoiled with peters in his prime n are expecting that, 

14 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

JP is too old and will only get worse in space vs. speed rushers. He showed signs of that decline for the past 2 years.

Dillard has a real chance of being the Cindy Jones of the O-line. Lacks strength, mental, emotional, and physical toughness. No killer instinct. I really hope I'm wrong. The Eagles can't afford him to be another PAC-12 soft on the inside bust.

Bro, I don't know why people are so hard on Dillard, lets have a look:

- Dillard did well when he played his natural position LT, where he held Khalil Mack in check with no sacks and 1 or 2 pressures.

- Dillard then gets thrown in to play RT and does terrible and everyone thinks he is not good or tough enough based on his performance at RT and some of the comments he made like; 'Well it is like having to write with your right hand all of a sudden when you have been writing with your left hand all your life'.

- Pryor gets tried out of LT and Eagles quickly realized it is not going to work and no probs he gets switched back into his natural position RG and no one is questioning his mental toughness or whatever else.

Why this one rule for Dillard but not for others ? I get he was a 1st round pick, but seriously it is perfectly OK to be not good, playing out of position regardless of where you were drafted. Just leave the guy at LT and be done with it and whilst he wont be the next JP, but will be a solid starter...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Bro, I don't know why people are so hard on Dillard, lets have a look:

- Dillard did well when he played his natural position LT, where he held Khalil Mack in check with no sacks and 1 or 2 pressures.

- Dillard then gets thrown in to play RT and does terrible and everyone thinks he is not good or tough enough based on his performance at RT and some of the comments he made like; 'Well it is like having to write with your right hand all of a sudden when you have been writing with your left hand all your life'.

- Pryor gets tried out of LT and Eagles quickly realized it is not going to work and no probs he gets switched back into his natural position RG and no one is questioning his mental toughness or whatever else.

Why this one rule for Dillard but not for others ? I get he was a 1st round pick, but seriously it is perfectly OK to be not good, playing out of position regardless of where you were drafted. Just leave the guy at LT and be done with it and whilst he wont be the next JP, but will be a solid starter...

PFF had Dillard ranked dead last this past season for all OTs in the league.  Take out the dreadful performance at RT and he still is near the bottom.  Pryor moving to the left side this past week was also a disaster, but the left side is much more difficult than the right.  Specifically a player needs superb feet to play on the left.  Moving from right to left OT can be impossible for many.  Moving from left to right shouldn't be hard.  Yes it's a different side but in this age of required versatility league wide, Olinemen know they need to be versatile.  Pryor plays both RT & RG.  He doesn't play on the left side because he doesn't have the feet.  Dillard doesn't play OG.  He is a pure OT.  As such and knowing from his sophomore year he had a future in the pros, he should have trained at least a little at RT.  But he didn't ever take any work there to prepare, then when he did here he folded emotionally prior to the game.  Told everyone he couldn't do it. That's not someone you want in your foxhole when they bust thru the wire.  Hopefully he can be a decent LT.  We'll see.  He's majorly under the microscope from here forward.

15 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Don, you need to stop talking in cryptic phrases and tell us how you really feel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/4/2020 at 5:11 PM, jsb235 said:

Yippeee!

The news says that he was due to move to a guard and only played tackle ...as emergency. Not to encouraging.