Eagles Working Out OT Cordy Glenn

time2rock

7 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Bro, I don't know why people are so hard on Dillard, lets have a look:

- Dillard did well when he played his natural position LT, where he held Khalil Mack in check with no sacks and 1 or 2 pressures.

- Dillard then gets thrown in to play RT and does terrible and everyone thinks he is not good or tough enough based on his performance at RT and some of the comments he made like; 'Well it is like having to write with your right hand all of a sudden when you have been writing with your left hand all your life'.

- Pryor gets tried out of LT and Eagles quickly realized it is not going to work and no probs he gets switched back into his natural position RG and no one is questioning his mental toughness or whatever else.

Why this one rule for Dillard but not for others ? I get he was a 1st round pick, but seriously it is perfectly OK to be not good, playing out of position regardless of where you were drafted. Just leave the guy at LT and be done with it and whilst he wont be the next JP, but will be a solid starter...

My concern is his make up on the inside. I've seen nothing to suggest that he seeks out the greatest challenges to defeat. In fact, I've seen the opposite. Crying at practice over a scuffle. A breakdown before a game due to self doubt. A finesse approach to the game with zero % mauler mentality and when placed in the mauler position (RT), a complete failure. So far, he seems like the quintessential PAC-12 player who has good finesse skills but lacks the physicality and toughness required in the NFL, just like Cindy Jones. 

I don't know that Glenn is signed this week. And starts against Washington.as his salary would be guaranteed for the whole season. And he has no familiarity with the Eagles scheme.. He may be signed after the 1st game. I still think that Peters starts at LT and Pryor at RG. They will need to come to a compromise on salary or bonuses for Peters.by saving the money from not signing Glenn right away and using it to increase the comp for Peters..

18 minutes ago, Robmarina9 said:

I don't know that Glenn is signed this week. And starts against Washington.as his salary would be guaranteed for the whole season. And he has no familiarity with the Eagles scheme.. He may be signed after the 1st game. I still think that Peters starts at LT and Pryor at RG. They will need to come to a compromise on salary or bonuses for Peters.by saving the money from not signing Glenn right away and using it to increase the comp for Peters..

unless the plan is to keep a t.e. and or a running back in to help pass protect every play I hope it's Glenn or Peters there

1 minute ago, greend said:

unless the plan is to keep a t.e. and or a running back in to help pass protect every play I hope it's Glenn or Peters there

That would limit their offense for the entire season I hope they do something as well. 

11 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Bro, I don't know why people are so hard on Dillard, lets have a look:

- Dillard did well when he played his natural position LT, where he held Khalil Mack in check with no sacks and 1 or 2 pressures.

- Dillard then gets thrown in to play RT and does terrible and everyone thinks he is not good or tough enough based on his performance at RT and some of the comments he made like; 'Well it is like having to write with your right hand all of a sudden when you have been writing with your left hand all your life'.

- Pryor gets tried out of LT and Eagles quickly realized it is not going to work and no probs he gets switched back into his natural position RG and no one is questioning his mental toughness or whatever else.

Why this one rule for Dillard but not for others ? I get he was a 1st round pick, but seriously it is perfectly OK to be not good, playing out of position regardless of where you were drafted. Just leave the guy at LT and be done with it and whilst he wont be the next JP, but will be a solid starter...

Really hope Dillard make it at LT.  He now has a season to recover from injury and build strength.  Mental toughness will be harder to "trained and improved" though.  Next season we find out how well he has progressed. 

Never a fan of switching positions.  Yet, coaches seem to like the idea when a player can't cut it at one position, they ask them to learn a new one.  Peters was one of the few success stories by moving from TE to LT before he landed with the team.

13 minutes ago, Walkdawalk said:

Has he left Philly without a deal then? 

I imagine they’d want to work him out before offering a contract. 

Now that Peters is the starting LT. There may not be the urgency to get a deal done this week for Glenn. Perhaps next week when contracts are not guaranteed. I just saw Doug's interview today online, and it looked like it was up to JP if he was going to play at LT. JP knocked on Doug's door this morning and said that he would play at LT. I'm not sure of the contract situation, but maybe JP decided to stay with the same contract as at RG, and took a team approach. But again, Doug was very appreciative that JP said that he would like to play LT..  Not sure of all the behind the scenes on the LT position for JP and the team.  Position wise or contract wise. But I do think this is the best outcome for the team for JP and the team for where they are at with injuries, to start the season and whoever plays  RG. I think Doug is leaving it open whether its Pryor, Herbig or Driscoll there. But I think it's probably Pryor ...

39 minutes ago, Robmarina9 said:

Now that Peters is the starting LT. There may not be the urgency to get a deal done this week for Glenn. Perhaps next week when contracts are not guaranteed.

I think they can hold off until after week one to sign Glenn. Well numbers wise I think they can but its a big risk. What if another LT on another team goes down? Suddenly Glenn is more in demand and potentially his price goes up?

With Peters back at LT, the urgency to sign Glenn has ebbed.  They should be able to fill the RG position with guys already on the roster.  The need for a back-up LT is real but still unclear.  They can wait until after the 1st game to see which way to turn.  At which time, whomever they sign will not be on a guaranteed contract.

So Mailata is our back up swing tackle so we can save a few dollars.  Ostman routinely destroyed him and when he was waived all 32 teams passed on claiming him.  So a guy who all 32 teams don't think warrants a roster spot has consistently gotten past our back up tackle.  Rugby, who has never played a snap in a real game, will now be one play away from protecting Carson's blind side.  Say it ain't so...

10 minutes ago, weko said:

So Mailata is our back up swing tackle so we can save a few dollars.  Ostman routinely destroyed him and when he was waived all 32 teams passed on claiming him.  So a guy who all 32 teams don't think warrants a roster spot has consistently gotten past our back up tackle.  Rugby, who has never played a snap in a real game, will now be one play away from protecting Carson's blind side.  Say it ain't so...

It doesn't seem like they have faith in Mailata yet, so I'd put my money on this position not being completely addressed yet.  They are probably thinking to sign someone after week 1 (with fingers and toes crossed JP makes it through that first game unscathed) so as to avoid having to fully guarantee their salary.  

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

It doesn't seem like they have faith in Mailata yet, so I'd put my money on this position not being completely addressed yet.  They are probably thinking to sign someone after week 1 (with fingers and toes crossed JP makes it through that first game unscathed) so as to avoid having to fully guarantee their salary.  

I agree that's what it looks like.  Can't believe they would put Carson in that position to potentially save a few hundred thou.  Why would they waive Glenn anyway?  He's far better on the left side than anyone we have in reserve.  Foolish unless they think he can't play anymore.  If that's the case they need to trade a 5 or 6 for someone else.

54 minutes ago, weko said:

I agree that's what it looks like.  Can't believe they would put Carson in that position to potentially save a few hundred thou.  Why would they waive Glenn anyway?  He's far better on the left side than anyone we have in reserve.  Foolish unless they think he can't play anymore.  If that's the case they need to trade a 5 or 6 for someone else.

From what I read, the team hasn't been able to work him out yet due to safety protocols (likely related to this darn pandemic).  Guessing they'd probably like to work him out before signing him.  

They wont sign him until after week one. Don't want to garuntee the salary. We've played this game with veteran players every year.