Made me feel good that Sidney and Rasul were cut

JP HOF

These are 2 serviceable players.  Rasul had a lot of good plays for the Birds, and Sidney had some big clutch plays last year even though he was often horrific.

The point being:  our secondary personnel must be an eschelon higher this year if these 2 were disposable.

Jones is real close to being done. Because of his talent he’ll be picked up by someone, but if its more of the same with his new team that will likely be it. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They sucked. Most fans hated them and wanted them gone for 2 years. 

I'm sure people are glad they improved, but I don't know how one hates Douglas being a late round pick. Kid had a story that made you root for him. Played bad and good at times, but was good value and belongs in the league just as a backup or maybe as a safety. 

9 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I'm sure people are glad they improved, but I don't know how one hates Douglas being a late round pick. Kid had a story that made you root for him. Played bad and good at times, but was good value and belongs in the league just as a backup or maybe as a safety. 

He was a third round pick...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, vaff said:

I would think that if you’re going to be upset, you should probably be upset that they were drafted, not that they were cut.

can you read, I said the cuts made me feel good.

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He was a third round pick...

Oh crap he was. No idea why I was thinking he was a late round like Mills. Probably cause of how he played. Gosh, that draft sucked.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Oh crap he was. No idea why I was thinking he was a late round like Mills. Probably cause of how he played. Gosh, that draft sucked.

Really really sucked. Mind you most have with this team. 

3 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Because it almost seems insane they used a 3rd on a guy with the foot speed of a bear to play corner. What’s worse is they drafted Douglas and seemed completely clueless on how to use him. It was clear Schwartz never liked him from the start. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

They sucked. Most fans hated them and wanted them gone for 2 years. 

Feels like 2 years ago most fans wanted Jones to be the starting corner despite never doing anything to deserve the job. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Because it almost seems insane they used a 3rd on a guy with the foot speed of a bear to play corner. What’s worse is they drafted Douglas and seemed completely clueless on how to use him. It was clear Schwartz never liked him from the start. 

Good point that reveals the level of dysfunction in drafting, from prioritizing smaller over bigger, slower over faster, injured over healthy, weak conferences over strong, then not consulting with the DC to get his opinions.  Just a disaster from start of finish.  2017 a D, 2019 a C-, 2018 better maybe a B, 2020 fortunately has some good pieces with Joe Douglas gone from the GM position but very questionable decisions to take a back up QB in the 2nd and a developmental LB in the 3rd.  This team loves wasting premium draft picks.  That now is coming home to roost at OL, CB, LB, perhaps S, DE.  OL is a major concern that risks Wentz's health and ability to finish the season.  Stoutland has been given late round and FA scraps to work with and the cupboard is now bare.  Mailata at swing tackle is a joke.  Hopefully that ends today when we sign or claim an OT.  It had better for Carson's sake.

• Like 1

I liked Douglas. He made plays but the D never helped hide his deficiencies (foot speed). Instead of giving him help over the top they would leave him one on one with Julio Jones which was just stupid 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

3rd round pick, after taking Jones in the 2nd knowing he was injured and wouldn't play for a year. My expectation was getting 2 starting corners  in that draft, supposedly deep at their biggest weakness. 

Complete failure. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JP HOF said:

These are 2 serviceable players.  Rasul had a lot of good plays for the Birds, and Sidney had some big clutch plays last year even though he was often horrific.

The point being:  our secondary personnel must be an eschelon higher this year if these 2 were disposable.

Glad they're gone but it didn't make me feel good ... made me feel lousy knowing we wasted yet 2 more relatively high draft picks.  But glad to see Howie cut his losses.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

A bear can reach speeds of 35 mile an hour son!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, I thought Douglas could've made a decent FS. He has good size and is a solid tackler. However, he doesn't have the foot speed to be a 'man' cover corner.

Jones just stunk. Bad tackler, couldn't locate the ball, and couldn't stay healthy. Good riddance.

• Like 2

Good seeing this...  It's like the Flyers playing JVR because of his contract and seniority over a young player who is much much better.... at least the eagles understand that to win, the best has to be on the field.

Yes, JVR sucks, I am mad that he played yesterday.... garbage player.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

A bear can reach speeds of 35 mile an hour son!

Not on his hind legs! 😂

Douglas has a new home, didn't take long. It'll be interesting to see if/how he's used in Carolina.

In other waiver news, the Carolina Panthers claimed former Eagles draft picks Rasul Douglas and Shareef Miller. The Panthers notably hired former Eagles national scout Pat Stewart as their new director of player personnel earlier this year. Carolina also employs former Eagles analyst Taylor Rajack as their director of football analytics.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mat said:

I liked Douglas. He made plays but the D never helped hide his deficiencies (foot speed). Instead of giving him help over the top they would leave him one on one with Julio Jones which was just stupid 

That guy needs over the top help at all times. He’s probably best suited in a zone coverage system. There’s absolutely no reason he should ever be in man one on one. I guess the problem for the Eagles was on the other side they had Mill, cause Darby could never stay healthy. Playing Mills and Douglas at the same time was just asking for failure especially if the front foul couldn’t get to the quarterback or stop the run. 

37 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That guy needs over the top help at all times. He’s probably best suited in a zone coverage system. There’s absolutely no reason he should ever be in man one on one. I guess the problem for the Eagles was on the other side they had Mill, cause Darby could never stay healthy. Playing Mills and Douglas at the same time was just asking for failure especially if the front foul couldn’t get to the quarterback or stop the run. 

When they had Mills and Douglas together they kinda had slow and slower. Neither guy is really suited for playing man. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything the Panthers do with him. They know what they're getting at this point.

I guess it would depend how their careers pan out on a different team. If they turn out to be productive players(not stars, just productive) then it was not them and more coaching/scheme. In that case Id be upset we took them in a scheme that was not for them or upset we have poor coaching on the defensive side that lead to there failing here. My feeling won;t be certain for a few more years either way