Made me feel good that Sidney and Rasul were cut

JP HOF

42 minutes ago, DBW said:

They are both hot garbage.  

Little harsh... On hot garbage. At least hot garbage offers something... a stink.

Dumb question.... but was Jones a cap casualty?  

I wish I checked a day or two before they updated OTC, but if I am reading it right, that is a 1.3 million savings.  Considering they need to carry over every dollar they can, maybe they figured they could go cheaper with less drop off.

4 minutes ago, paco said:

Dumb question.... but was Jones a cap casualty?  

I wish I checked a day or two before they updated OTC, but if I am reading it right, that is a 1.3 million savings.  Considering they need to carry over every dollar they can, maybe they figured they could go cheaper with less drop off.

no, he wasnt making that much 650K bonus they paid out. around a 1.1 base

21 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It's disappointing. On draft day they said he was as good or better than Lattimore

Well if you look at players from U of Washington, its very slim on successful NFL players. Ohio State has just a edge in that department so I would never believe it, lol 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

no, he wasnt making that much 650K bonus they paid out. around a 1.1 base

Thats the thing.  Either way the bonus would count. It was already paid and is prorated.  They eliminate the base (I think I saw this year was 1.3, but whatever), freeing up an extra million to roll over.

Well, Douglas in particular is better off . Miller, never saw that he had any spark. Jones is now going to Jaguars..

15 hours ago, JP HOF said:

can you read, I said the cuts made me feel good.

You definitely changed the thread title. It said, "Make me feel good that Sidney and Rasul were cut”.

16 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

I'm sure people are glad they improved, but I don't know how one hates Douglas being a late round pick. Kid had a story that made you root for him. Played bad and good at times, but was good value and belongs in the league just as a backup or maybe as a safety. 

Seems he was better suited to play in zone coverage.  The guy knows how to play the ball and get turnovers but the problem is he was left on an island too often and didnt have the speed to stay with WRs.  

Wouldn't surprise me if he is a solid player elsewhere if they use him right.

2 hours ago, paco said:

Thats the thing.  Either way the bonus would count. It was already paid and is prorated.  They eliminate the base (I think I saw this year was 1.3, but whatever), freeing up an extra million to roll over.

Agree that they need to carry over every dollar they can into next year but didn’t we give james a raise to be about a million in base as well though? Depends who you say got his slot on the roster I guess.

• Like 1

One of the worst parts about cutting Cindy Jones is that we could’ve traded the pick we used on her and the pick we used used on Donnel Pumphrey to trade up and draft Dalvin Cook. Can’t believe Howie wouldn’t make that trade. Everyone here wanted that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, vaff said:

You definitely changed the thread title. It said, "Make me feel good that Sidney and Rasul were cut”.

I did not, liar.

13 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Agree that they need to carry over every dollar they can into next year but didn’t we give james a raise to be about a million in base as well though? Depends who you say got his slot on the roster I guess.

I believe that was an extension with a minor bump to this seasons salary.  I could be wrong.

Year Age Base Salary   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
2020 24 $750,000   $300,000   $750,000 0.3%  
$300,000
$450,000
2021 25 $920,000   $0   $920,000 0.5%  
$0
$920,000

Still is less than Jones

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vaff said:

Yep

12 hours ago, JP HOF said:

I did not, liar.

Wrong

Such disappointing picks. Jones especially. Draft in Philly, Crowd going wild. Jaws came out and picked Jones and I was so excited. Little did we all know he would turn out to be such a dud.

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Will Jones be picked up by another team? 

The Jags did for their practice squad.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 1:41 AM, NOTW said:

They sucked. Most fans hated them and wanted them gone for 2 years. 

I thought Douglas was a very good player that  was playing out of position, dude is a safety all day long, I have no idea what's on Schwartz's mind.

As for Shitney, horrible pick X 100 based on going in the second round (43 overall).

This is why it kills me every time I hear accolades for Howie, he needs to be sent to the unemployment office........ASAP!!

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I thought Douglas was a very good player that  was playing out of position, dude is a safety all day long, I have no idea what's on Schwartz's mind.

As for Shitney, horrible pick X 100 based on going in the second round (43 overall).

This is why it kills me every time I hear accolades for Howie, he needs to be sent to the unemployment office........ASAP!!

If they don't change to a proper GM, then make Howie only business side like Joe Banner was and get a new VP of Personnel. The idea of the structure with Joe Douglas was good he just didn't pan out. Keep recruiting from teams that draft well. 

• Like 1