Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Happy Winter

Featured Replies

A beastly storm now showing up in the US out of Baja area. Covering over 2,000 miles !!

Whether you are getting snow, sleet, freezing rain, please be careful! Post storm temps are cold and relentless so if you lose power please be prepared to survive without it for awhile. This is unlike a tornado or hurricane where they can stage crews because everyone is going to need their crews.

Wishing all our southern state fans especially and everyone near Philly the best. ICE is the worst. (No pun intended ) Let us know how you are doing and if we can help in anyway.

  • Author

Not everyday you see this:

IMG_6976.jpeg

Sunny and 80 degrees here in Delaware. I'll be grilling and suntanning all weekend on my back deck. 🤓🤓

3 hours ago, DiPros said:

Post storm temps are cold and relentless so if you lose power please be prepared to survive without it for awhile.

I can’t speak for the other local power companies but I know for a fact that BGE’s corporate storm support teams (IE indoor support like tech and customer service) are required to be on site by 5 am Sunday and are working towards getting them hotel accommodations because they know they are going to be stuck there for a while.

A little bit of snow would be ok. I don't want any type of Blizzard crap.

  • Author

Jesus. That’s a lot of people! Stay safe everyone!

IMG_6977.png

Effing freezing here in DE. Like 14 degrees. I took the trash out from the kitchen to the big trash cans in my driveway and RAN back into my house. I probably should have put a jacket on though. 😎

DI, my son is in Vermont on business at -6 degrees He was one of two premmie twin sons. You'll be fine. Remember, when all else fails, you're not in england and/or birdsboro.

It’s snowy out

I'm not gonna complain about 90 degrees in July ever again.

This snow, sleet, and the absolutely freezing cold temperatures..........SUCK.

Baby girl loved it

IMG_9862.jpeg

3 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I'm not gonna complain about 90 degrees in July ever again.

This snow, sleet, and the absolutely freezing cold temperatures..........SUCK.

With the exception of the last round of shoveling after it stopped coming down, I literally had that sleet stick and freeze to my beard the 3-4 times I went out there today to shovel. I’d come in looking like I just got done shooting the revenant.

I swear that the first time I went out is almost the exact moment it turned from snow to sleet.

Yeah, my back and feet are f’n killing me, but being out there soaking wet the entire time from that sleet was probably the worst part.

i think i undercooked the pork asado.

chucked it to be safe.

tenor.gif

but then again, it's been a long time since i've had sweet thistle pie.

Just finished up my 4th set of shoveling. Had to finish the driveway, as a plow came through the neighborhood last night and blocked my driveway exit with snow/ice.

It was brutal. Had to chop it up first with the shovel, and then shovel it up/out.

Talked with a few folks at PECO and BGE. Given the amount of snow, minimal trouble with outages. Sounds like the vast majority could keep the heat on.

Let’s just hope the wind doesn’t kick up

Hearing there's potential for another big storm next weekend too

3 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Hearing there's potential for another big storm next weekend too

I’m on storm duty for DPL starting Friday :/

43 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Hearing there's potential for another big storm next weekend too

a nor’easter!

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Hearing there's potential for another big storm next weekend too

As of now, it's got a 15 to 25% chance to develop and smack us.

Which hopefully means it doesn't ever develop. Or maybe it can hit the Mid-Atlantic beach areas.

Now the new storm, for this weekend, far out predictions have Northern Delaware getting a possible 2-4 inches of snow. Southern DE, at the beaches, maybe 8-12.

For the local power companies, Atlantic City Electric and DPL have flipped yellow for Sunday. PECO, Pepco and BGE are all still green. Makes sense since the shore is going to get hit the hardest.

no snow for nepa this Sunday…it’s expected to stay south & east of us. flex

2 hours ago, paco said:

For the local power companies, Atlantic City Electric and DPL have flipped yellow for Sunday. PECO, Pepco and BGE are all still green. Makes sense since the shore is going to get hit the hardest.

Oddly, DPL just flipped back to green and PECO went yellow unsure

8” and still snowing here near Greensboro

IMG_4244.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.