Cre’von LeBlanc released - re-signed a day later

Outlaw

Wow. Didn't see that coming. No clue whatsoever. I always liked the guy and he played hard

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Wow. Didn't see that coming. No clue whatsoever. I always liked the guy and he played hard

I got the banner notification but I don’t see anything on the actual website or app. Weird. 

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I got the banner notification but I don’t see anything on the actual website or app. Weird. 

I see it on the official eagles fb page. Jones, Douglas and now leblanc. I wonder if he was hurt or something. Wont surprise me.

2 minutes ago, DBW said:

He’ll clear waivers and they’ll put him in the 16 man practice squad.  No worries.  

Is he even eligible for the practice squad?

Maybe they realized they had too many nickel CBS and are in process of a trade?  I would love to see a true #2. I like Maddox but not as #2. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, b_west3 said:

I think so.  They changed the rules due to covid.  Howie talked about how you’ll see veterans on the squad because they need guys on the squad that can step in and play.  He eluded to the fact that you’d see guys with real game experience on the 16 man and how you couldn’t put a guy there then Release him to pick up someone else off the wire for a certain period of time, so anyone going to the PS are guys that teams want to keep because they might actually need them, not Because they are stashing talent.

He's not going to the PS. They cut him because they already have a deal with him to come back as soon as they do the post 4:00pm send-guys-to-IR. Since LeBlanc is a 4+ year vet he is not subject to waivers and therefor could not be claimed by another team. He gets to choose who to sign with... and unless someone blows him away, he'll be right back here.

Parks, Reagor and maybe Jeffrey are all probably headed to IR to make some roster spots to add healthy guys.

LeBlanc will be signed (and I am guessing to 2 or 3 year deal) as soon as they are allowed to re-sign him (which may not be until tomorrow)

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Ross said:

He's not going to the PS. They cut him because they already have a deal with him to come back as soon as they do the post 4:00pm send-guys-to-IR. Since LeBlanc is a 4+ year vet he is not subject to waivers and therefor could not be claimed by another team. He gets to choose who to sign with... and unless someone blows him away, he'll be right back here.

Parks, Reagor and maybe Jeffrey are all probably headed to IR to make some roster spots to add healthy guys.

LeBlanc will be signed (and I am guessing to 2 or 3 year deal) as soon as they are allowed to re-sign him (which may not be until tomorrow)

Forgot about him not being waiver eligible. That’s a solid hypothesis. 

16 minutes ago, Ross said:

Jeffery isn't eligible for IR.

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

He could have gone to the PUP but they think he’ll be ready before the 7th game. 

8 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

After 4:00pm today anyone with an injury that prevents them from practicing can be put on IR

Just now, jsb235 said:

So they are stuck with Jeffery on the roster? Even if he can't play for a few weeks? Great move there Howie...

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So they are stuck with Jeffery on the roster? Even if he can't play for a few weeks? Great move there Howie...

I think he's actually ready to start practicing.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yup, it's one I didn't get at all. If he doesn't come back for the third or fourth game, this was a waste of a roster spot. It's like Howie is a genius except when it comes to dealing with Jeffery. And drafting. And finding left tackles.

1 hour ago, DBW said:

He’ll clear waivers and they’ll put him in the 16 man practice squad.  No worries.  

I don’t think he has to clear waivers. We’ll most likely resign him after we put someone on IR. 

1 hour ago, b_west3 said:

if josh mccown is available for the PS any player is LOL