GDT: at Washington "Football Team" 9/13 at 1pm EST

Moderator6

Mod5 used to do these, he may beef it up but here's the basics.

Time: 1pm EST on FOX
Announcers: Kevin Burkhardt, Daryl Johnston
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2020&wk=1

Football is back, go Birds!  

:Eagle_smiley:

JP65NHGJMYI6TMRBPAY4DVT77I.jpg

NOTE: All posts during the game, were lost when our hosting service upgraded our service. ~ VaBeach_Eagle

• Like 1

This game is as much on Howie as everyone else.

did not address the O line.  It was a problem. They knew it. Bandaids don’t last long.  Now we have a gaping wound.

running back - there were a handful of quality backups out there - McCoy anyone? That could have helped provide some experience and not the fall off we see from sanders (who really hasn’t proven anything by the way) to Boston and clement.  Clement is not an nfl player.  One year wonder.  

Tight end.  It was pretty clear that ertz gave zero effort except for his td play (scores help stack the money up).  He was invisible the rest of the day.

D line. Barnett is a bust, let’s face it.  So you bring back more aging veterans who don’t last half a game. 

secondary still playing that soft coverage and not able to get a single interception ever. Two high draft picks are gone.  

do we even have any linebackers on the team? 

for all the credit he gets for being a good accountant and cap manager the guy can’t build a football team for crap.  Soft players, injured all the time, aging vets, now relying on a former rugby player to protect the $100m walking emt training dummy.  

this team is a limited talent no depth at any position joke and that’s on Howie 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I might be in the minority to think this way, but I thought the defense played better than the numbers indicate. Between horrible decisions by Doug and Wentz the defense was put in short field situations at least six times! 

In the 1st half, things weren't so bad. But once the offense began to blow it, the defense didn't help. Yeah, we gave them short fields to work with, but usually, this defense can minimize the mistake. Today, the first 2 turnovers resulted in TDs. There wasn't really any spark provided by a big defensive play. We didn't create a turnover and gave up some plays on short yardage and even 4th down. There were a couple opportunities that slipped away (like the Maddox near INT). Regardless of field position, we gave up 27 straight points (would have been more if Rivera wasn't classy) in just over a half to a "not very good" offense. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Issues!!!

Well... starting with a loss to a bad team is probably the best way to test this board, I guess ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

In the 1st half, things weren't so bad. But once the offense began to blow it, the defense didn't help. Yeah, we gave them short fields to work with, but usually, this defense can minimize the mistake. Today, the first 2 turnovers resulted in TDs. There wasn't really any spark provided by a big defensive play. We didn't create a turnover and gave up some plays on short yardage and even 4th down. There were a couple opportunities that slipped away (like the Maddox near INT). Regardless of field position, we gave up 27 straight points (would have been more if Rivera wasn't classy) in just over a half to a "not very good" offense. 

That could be more due to the talent (or lack there of). There aren’t a lot of playmakers on defense, and they did have opportunities to make plays, but failed to capitalize. Still you can’t keep giving a team a short field as much as the offense did today and expect the defense to always bail you out. I don’t think the defense gave up a drive of more than 50 yards all game. 

I have no idea what happened, probably something with the settings of the host and when they re-set something, it reverted us back to a backup or something. That sucks, because about 50 people had joined since then.

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, DBW said:

This game is as much on Howie as everyone else.

did not address the O line.  It was a problem. They knew it. Bandaids don’t last long.  Now we have a gaping wound.

running back - there were a handful of quality backups out there - McCoy anyone? That could have helped provide some experience and not the fall off we see from sanders (who really want proven anything by the way) to Boston and clement.  Clement is not an nfl player.  One year wonder.  

Tight end.  It was pretty clear that ertz gave zero effort except for his td play (scores help stack the money up).  He was invisible the rest of the day.

D line. Barnett is a bust, let’s face it.  So you bring back more aging veterans who don’t last half a game. 

secondary still playing that soft coverage and not able to get a single interception ever. Two high draft picks are gone.  

do we even have any linebackers on the team? 

for all the credit he gets for being a good accountant and cal manager the guy can’t build a football team for crap.  Soft players, injured all the time, aging vets, now relying on a former rugby player to protect the $100m walking emt training dummy.  

this team is a limited talent no depth at any position joke and that’s on Howie 

Not one lie was detected in this write up....

• Like 3

okay, just like this board made posts go away...  can we make the game go away and just have a do-over?  :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Well... starting with a loss to a bad team is probably the best way to test this board, I guess ...

glad to see you around Brk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JayEcho said:

okay, just like this board made posts go away...  can we make the game go away and just have a do-over?  :ph34r:

I took a nap and when I opened up my phone to post here I thought the last week was just a dream 😂 

42 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have no idea what happened, probably something with the settings of the host and when they re-set something, it reverted us back to a backup or something. That sucks, because about 50 people had joined since then.

Maybe we wouldn't have liked those 50 people. :P 

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Maybe we wouldn't have liked those 50 people. :P 

The issue that I'm seeing though, is I no longer have any messages in my inbox, whereas before, it was nearly full. So something's been screwed up. 

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The issue that I'm seeing though, is I no longer have any messages in my inbox, whereas before, it was nearly full. So something's been screwed up. 

Yeah, definitely.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Demand a refund!  Nobody screws with VaBeachKaren 🙃

We were up and playing well.I dozed off and when I woke I thought I was having a nightmare.Jesus we suck

37 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

glad to see you around Brk

I made a couple really terrific posts in this thread that have disappeared in the time warp ... so if people want to, they can just like this reply instead. I'll understand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I made a couple really terrific posts in this thread that have disappeared in the time warp ... so if people want to, they can just like this reply instead. I'll understand. 

Everyone give a like to brk and show him some love!!