I don't care that we lost.

Portyansky

But I do care how we lost. I'm a huge Wentz supporter, but today he pooped the bed. Doug called a crap game especially in the 2nd half. I don't care if we had prime Barry Sanders as a RB, no one would be able to run behind that line.

Some things that annoys me, is that DP still hasn't figured out how to draw up a screen play. Being taught by AR, you'd think DP would have learned a thing or 2 regarding the screen game. And wtf happened to using our RBs to catch???? Where the hell was JJAW all game, if he is not out there to catch the ball, might as well use him in place of a blocking TE. Not sure if Ertz is done here already, but it sure seemed like he wasn't a part of the game plan.

Sorry rant over. I was for the good/bad thread.

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

But I do care how we lost. I'm a huge Wentz supporter, but today he pooped the bed. Doug called a crap game especially in the 2nd half. I don't care if we had prime Barry Sanders as a RB, no one would be able to run behind that line.

Some things that annoys me, is that DP still hasn't figured out how to draw up a screen play. Being taught by AR, you'd think DP would have learned a thing or 2 regarding the screen game. And wtf happened to using our RBs to catch???? Where the hell was JJAW all game, if he is not out there to catch the ball, might as well use him in place of a blocking TE. Not sure if Ertz is done here already, but it sure seemed like he wasn't a part of the game plan.

Also, the slow developing playaction calls when the OL can't sustain blocks.  Washington isn't going to bite on those and it gives their rushes an extra second to get to the QB. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

Also, the slow developing playaction calls when the OL can't sustain blocks.  Washington isn't going to bite on those and it gives their rushes an extra second to get to the QB. 

That is an old AR concept. It’s nothing new, but I agree. Still there were plenty of plays with shotgun snaps that they just held the ball looking for deep routes that weren’t there. I don’t think they threw on slant the entire game. 

• Like 1

The OLine hung in there as long as it could but eventually our 2nd and 3rd string guys were not going to stop that DLine all game.  We had the big lead, the defense was playing really well, and Wentz gave them the short field twice.  If FT does't have those short fields I believe we hold on to that game.

We need to get healthy up front on both sides of LOS or we are going to suck for the forseeable future.

• Like 1

Wentz has zero understanding for protecting his body.  Zero.  He plays like a rookie.  Reckless. 

There should be way, way more balls thrown away and way more tucking down and bracing for a sack when the play breaks down.  I think he almost has a mental block with it, similar to what Michael Vick was doing when he was here. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

The OLine hung in there as long as it could but eventually our 2nd and 3rd string guys were not going to stop that DLine all game.  We had the big lead, the defense was playing really well, and Wentz gave them the short field twice.  If FT does't have those short fields I believe we hold on to that game.

We need to get healthy up front on both sides of LOS or we are going to suck for the forseeable future.

This. Our defense forced punts everytime Washington started in their own half. We can’t give them those short fields.

Beyond getting healthy which seems impossible for this team, the rookie WRs really seemed out of sync with Wentz. I believe there was a miscommunication/misunderstanding in both the INTs. 

1 minute ago, RUEagle said:

Wentz has zero understanding for protecting his body.  Zero.  He plays like a rookie.  Reckless. 

There should be way, way more balls thrown away and way more tucking down and bracing for a sack when the play breaks down.  I think he almost has a mental block with it, similar to what Michael Vick was doing when he was here. 

He won’t give up on plays. That’s the trade off you give up in return for the big broken plays he makes sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

He won’t give up on plays. That’s the trade off you give up in return for the big broken plays he makes sometimes. 

That's the issue. I have seen Wilson and Brady throw the ball at the feet of the lineman numerous times on a broken play. Wentz just does not understand that. He holds onto the ball and then gets sacked. Its just ridiculous

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

No one wants to accept this is the reason Carson got hurt in the game against Seattle. 

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No one wants to accept this is the reason Carson got hurt in the game against Seattle. 

That’s a different story. He was running there and it was a cheap shot. 

My problem with it is when he’s in the middle of a collapsed pocket and there’s really no where to go. At that point the risk of a fumble/injury from an unseen hit is much much higher than the potential for him to somehow make a play. Just throw the ball away and move on to the next play. 

3 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

That’s a different story. He was running there and it was a cheap shot. 

My problem with it is when he’s in the middle of a collapsed pocket and there’s really no where to go. At that point the risk of a fumble/injury from an unseen hit is much much higher than the potential for him to somehow make a play. Just throw the ball away and move on to the next play. 

Idk why that mf is always trying to duck to avoid a sack. Throw it away you f

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

our QB is a turnover machine 

Really it's the fumbles that's an issue.  Throughout his career he hasnt thrown many interceptions.

Just now, 315Eagles said:

Really it's the fumbles that's an issue.  Throughout his career he hasnt thrown many interceptions.

He hasn't thrown it away much either

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

At least 2 plays I seen there was a rusher coming free right at Wentz and he just stood there waiting for the guy to get close then he tries that duck to avoid the hit.  Didnt work today.

He needs to use his legs more on a day like today when the O-line isnt holding up.  Scramble out of the pocket to buy time or Doug needs to call some bootlegs or designed rollouts.  He basically didnt leave the pocket at all today which imo limits his playmaking ability.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

100%. 

It worked for him a couple of times in 2017 and he’s been trying it ever since. It’s time for someone to tell him to just throw it away. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

He hasn't thrown it away much either

I used to have a t-shirt like your avatar.  Cant remember what I did with it.

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

I used to have a t-shirt like your avatar.  Cant remember what I did with it.

Lol

2 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

100%. 

It worked for him a couple of times in 2017 and he’s been trying it ever since. It’s time for someone to tell him to just throw it away. 

Those are good incompletions because you're not hurting the team. He needs to watch Brady play. Watch how many times he throws it away

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

. Not sure if Ertz is done here already, but it sure seemed like he wasn't a part of the game plan.

Ertz is Done.... His heated argument with Howie before the game pretty much summed it up..... 

4 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

At least 2 plays I seen there was a rusher coming free right at Wentz and he just stood there waiting for the guy to get close then he tries that duck to avoid the hit.  Didnt work today.

He needs to use his legs more on a day like today when the O-line isnt holding up.  Scramble out of the pocket to buy time or Doug needs to call some bootlegs or designed rollouts.  He basically didnt leave the pocket at all today which imo limits his playmaking ability.

Doug's playcalling was garbage today. He didn't make adjustments in the 2nd half. Use those rpo's

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

I know fans are upset as am I.  But its week 1.  No need to panic.  There hasnt been alot of practice for these guys.  I'm expecting the first 4 weeks to be rough.  Hopefully we can be 2-2 at least.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCTANK said:

our QB is a turnover machine 

Starting to look like vick. Locks down down on a guy, interceptions, injuries..minus the legs.

11 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Ertz is Done.... His heated argument with Howie before the game pretty much summed it up..... 

wait, what??