I don't care that we lost.

Portyansky

24 minutes ago, eggs said:

It was clear in that game that Peters is a liability. The OL is screwed and Carson will get hurt.

Chase Young is going to make even some of the better vet OTs look bad. Peters is getting too old though, no disagreement there. But, Chase Young is going to be a pro bowl DE sooner than later.

1 hour ago, wtfcares said:

That’s a different story. He was running there and it was a cheap shot. 

My problem with it is when he’s in the middle of a collapsed pocket and there’s really no where to go. At that point the risk of a fumble/injury from an unseen hit is much much higher than the potential for him to somehow make a play. Just throw the ball away and move on to the next play. 

Not really that different. It was a busted screen play and he tried to be a hero. He doesn’t get hi if he doesn’t try to make something out of nothing. That whole mindset is no different from holding the ball in the pocket too long cause he’s trying to make the big play instead of throwing it away or just taking what the defense gives him.

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

I know fans are upset as am I.  But its week 1.  No need to panic.  There hasnt been alot of practice for these guys.  I'm expecting the first 4 weeks to be rough.  Hopefully we can be 2-2 at least.

I am not in panic mode. The whole practice thing is bs bc affected every team. If we came out in the 1st half how we played the 2nd half, sure. They have a lot to figure out. But for me, Wentz should not be the problem, but he was.

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

I know fans are upset as am I.  But its week 1.  No need to panic.  There hasnt been alot of practice for these guys.  I'm expecting the first 4 weeks to be rough.  Hopefully we can be 2-2 at least.

I am not in panic mode. The whole practice thing is bs bc affected every team. If we came out in the 1st half how we played the 2nd half, sure. They have a lot to figure out. But for me, Wentz should not be the problem, but he was.

17 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Were were all the NEW ideas the 25 offensive coordinators were going to show us?

Agreed.  Game plan and play calling was the same stale ish.

48 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Were were all the NEW ideas the 25 offensive coordinators were going to show us?

Nothing will change when the DP calls the plays. All these OCs mean nothing which was what I was trying to tell people from back when they fired Groh to begin with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

No one wants to accept this is the reason Carson got hurt in the game against Seattle. 

I actually do...but people will be still crying about the cheap shot instead of admitting their QB is actually a bone head that after 5 years hasn't learned how to  throw the ball away instead of giving his oponent opportunity to hit him....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vlad67 said:

I actually do...but people will be still crying about the cheap shot instead of admitting their QB is actually a bone head that after 5 years hasn't learned how to  throw the ball away instead of giving his oponent opportunity to hit him....

Carson is so intent on trying to be a hero all the time that on his second fumble he made a throwing motion, but instead of just letting go he tried to tuck the ball and he fumbled it. He doesn’t seem to understand the concept of losing the battle to win the war. 

• Like 1

One of the things that got me was our inability to adjust. We got out to a comfortable lead and then Washington managed to adjust. They figured things out on both sides of the football and started to come back. 

We meanwhile didn't adjust and adapt. To me it looked like the same things on offense and on defense. That's typical of this team though.

I watched red zone after our game and all around I saw offenses run simple plays that looked easy and gained them good yards. Like 5-6 yards on a quick simple play to a wide open receiver or RB. I never see that with this team, ever. It's like we have to fight for every single yard and play. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Carson is so intent on trying to be a hero all the time that on his second fumble he made a throwing motion, but instead of just letting go he tried to tuck the ball and he fumbled it. He doesn’t seem to understand the concept of losing the battle to win the war. 

Yes he is trying to do something out of nothing...and succeeds there...1 of 5 attempts...the problem is when the other 4  are sacks from -5 to -10 at better or turnovers at worse...yesterday all he needed to do was to throw the damn ball away and we would be perfectly fine but no...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vlad67 said:

Yes he is trying to do something out of nothing...and succeeds there...1 of 5 attempts...the problem is when the other 4  are sacks from -5 to -10 at better or turnovers at worse...yesterday all he needed to do was to throw the damn ball away and we would be perfectly fine but no...

Yeah he's just not learning. Fumbles have been a major issue throughout his career and yet here he is in Year 5 and he's just had 2 in the same game plus 2 INTs. He's not learning and that's a real real worry. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah he's just not learning. Fumbles have been a major issue throughout his career and yet here he is in Year 5 and he's just had 2 in the same game plus 2 INTs. He's not learning and that's a real real worry. 

Yesterday It looked to me like untill that first pick we had a guy that looked like franchise QB...after that pick he for some reason transformed in to Mitch Trubinsky

1 hour ago, Vlad67 said:

Yesterday It looked to me like untill that first pick we had a guy that looked like franchise QB...after that pick he for some reason transformed in to Mitch Trubinsky

I think the sacks started to pile up though. From memory he was sacked once in the process of going 17-0 up. 

29 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the sacks started to pile up though. From memory he was sacked once in the process of going 17-0 up. 

It was more. I believe he was sacked three times on the FG drive alone that put us up 10-0. 

6 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It was more. I believe he was sacked three times on the FG drive alone that put us up 10-0. 

True but at least he wasn't giving them short field at the time

13 minutes ago, Vlad67 said:

True but at least he wasn't giving them short field at the time

No, he played well until that first pick. Then it fell apart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

No, he played well until that first pick. Then it fell apart. 

That started the snowball affect...

• Like 1

Honestly rather get slapped in the face early, than think we are good to go and get nailed later. Like what happened with the Cows last season. They only beat 1 team with a winning record (us).

12 hours ago, eggs said:

It was clear in that game that Peters is a liability. The OL is screwed and Carson will get hurt.

The way Carson holds onto the ball without throwing it away...Even the best line in the NFL could not protect any QB that long. Wentz has regressed. After a couple of sacks..he resorted to repeating every Rookie mistake that could ever be made. Did he have a concussion? Or something? I have no answers to such a drastic change in a QB from 1st quarter to the rest of the game. Total Disaster.

14 hours ago, RUEagle said:

Wentz has zero understanding for protecting his body.  Zero.  He plays like a rookie.  Reckless. 

There should be way, way more balls thrown away and way more tucking down and bracing for a sack when the play breaks down.  I think he almost has a mental block with it, similar to what Michael Vick was doing when he was here. 

While this might be the "smart" thing to do, Philadelphia has a long history of QB's trying to make something out of nothing, going at least as far back as Cunningham. I think when a QB braces for a sack instead of trying to manufacture something is the equivalent of "For who? For what?" Just my opinion though