New Year, Same Eagles (with some bright spots)

philafan4o8

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

As far as I’m concerned the coaches and Wentz collectively lost a very winnable game. 

Yep. I mean yes the line played like garbage, but there were plenty of times Wentz just held it too long, or made bad decisions/throws. The overthrow to Ward was awful, wide open and sailed it way over his head. 

On the coaching side, Doug needs to see what is happening and adapt. Get some quick hitches to Goedert. Run some slants to get the ball out fast. We heard throughout camp from reporters how Reagor looked so hard to stop on slant passes, yet they don’t even run any in the game. I certainly don’t remember any slants his way at least. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yep. I mean yes the line played like garbage, but there were plenty of times Wentz just held it too long, or made bad decisions/throws. The overthrow to Ward was awful, wide open and sailed it way over his head. 

On the coaching side, Doug needs to see what is happening and adapt. Get some quick hitches to Goedert. Run some slants to get the ball out fast. We heard throughout camp from reporters how Reagor looked so hard to stop on slant passes, yet they don’t even run any in the game. I certainly don’t remember any slants his way at least. 

It just seemed like after the scripted plays they just wanted to show how fast the got. Just throw it deep. Wait and wait for a sack. The hits took their toll on Wentz and he got completely flustered. It was an avalanche of bad decisions and play. Fortunately this is week one. Everyone but the WFT lost so it’s not over and we have seen them bounce back from bad losses before. They face a difficult task in the Rams though. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

He certainly looks like he belongs in the NFL unlike JJAW for sure. 

Yeah and that's where I'm at... he looked like he belonged. Who knows if he'll be elite but he looks like he's going to be a very good WR.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah and that's where I'm at... he looked like he belonged. Who knows if he'll be elite but he looks like he's going to be a very good WR.

I’m not ready to call him good or bad especially after I read this:

"Jalen Reagor’s 55-yard catch from Wentz was the second-longest ever by an Eagle in his first NFL game. Bryce Treggs of all people caught a 58-yarder from Wentz against the Giants in 2016. Treggs had only seven more career receptions.“

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/roobs-10-crazy-eagles-stats-164854196.html

Overall it doesn’t mean much either way. He could end up being great. I don’t know, but I’m not ready to claim anything about him yet. Howie’s picks have left me a little jaded. 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie’s picks have left me a little jaded. 😂

Now that is completely fair! It's starting to become hard to believe that any Howie pick can go on to be a really really good NFL player.

• Like 1