Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

6 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Nope, I totally agree with you.....

I don’t think anyone can say Carson is a bad person. Everyone knows he works hard and wants to win, but that doesn’t mean he’s easy to deal with. All I know is people can say whatever they want, but they didn’t build a shrine in the locker room to Carson. I know Chris Long has said nothing but great things about Carson, yet I also know he called Foles the G.O.A.T. in the Super Bowl too. If Carson is so great and irreplaceable why are they literally winning playoff games and the Super Bowl without him? 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know why up to this point no one has gone to Groh and interviewed him on this matter. Often times you will get people deny to comment. I can’t recall a lot of times you hear people say negative things about another player or coach in the media publicly. Clearly the relationship between Brady and the Pats was strained, but I don’t recall him ripping them publicly. It’s an odd request especially if people are looking to keep working in the NFL to publicly rip someone. Now I can’t speak for you here obviously, but I’m more than willing to bet the majority of people who do not wish to believe any of this stuff would dismiss anything that Jeffery or Agholor would say. 

Agree some people will automatically dismiss it and depending on my mood that day I may as well lol. 

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If Jeffery came out and publicly ripped Carson after he was cut would you take heed or would you dismiss it? If Agholor came out and publicly ripped Wentz would you take heed or dismiss it? If Mike Groh confirmed Carson was bullying him in the meeting room would you take heed or dismiss it? 

If players came out to say it, then it would hold more weight.

3 minutes ago, kentwo said:

If players came out to say it, then it would hold more weight.

Well Agholor is still in the league and doesn’t have T.O. Like clout to say whatever he wants about the quarterback. Jeffery for now is still an Eagle so that doesn’t make sense either. When it was assumed (still not proven) these guys spoke out against Wentz they got buried so I highly doubt anyone would respect what they would say anyways.

One thing I'm pretty sure of... If Carson does stay in Philadelphia then Lurie and Howie have given him more power than he had before. If he saw off Doug essentially then that gives him more power and if that's the case then how will a new HC feel about that?

This organization will have moved on from the back up QB who won then the SB and the HC who won it with that QB... All to keep Wentz effectively. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

One thing I'm pretty sure of... If Carson does stay in Philadelphia then Lurie and Howie have given him more power than he had before. If he saw off Doug essentially then that gives him more power and if that's the case then how will a new HC feel about that?

This organization will have moved on from the back up QB who won then the SB and the HC who won it with that QB... All to keep Wentz effectively. 

sigh........Doug saw himself off. Wentz has no "power" and the new coach will be given the task of fixing him. If he isn't "fixable" as soon as they can they will dump him.

7 minutes ago, greend said:

sigh........Doug saw himself off. Wentz has no "power" and the new coach will be given the task of fixing him. If he isn't "fixable" as soon as they can they will dump him.

So keeping Wentz over Doug doesn't give him added weight no?

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So keeping Wentz over Doug doesn't give him added weight no?

They kept everyone but Doug.

6 hours ago, flyerdog said:

speculation here...but could this be a thought process....

1. Lurie knows Carson is a problem..but is committed to him

2. He wants a HC that will kick his butt and return him to form

3. right now given salary and performance, Carson't trade value is very poor

4. If carson bounces back and has a pro bowl season...his trade value goes way up..but the baggage he carries still denotes that he should be traded

5. They try and trade him in 2022..with his value high....and stockpile picks to rebuild "for the short term and long term" as per Lurie's conference

6. Hurts takes over....

could ALL of the events and dialogue we are seeing/hearing be part of the plan? Especially if Josh McDaniels is their ideal guy...he is known as a hard nosed PIA..that even Bill B. doesn't like...but looked past that for the good of the team..hell even TOM BRADY had clashes with McDaniels..and even speculation that Josh was part of the reason he wanted out of NE....if you can play hardball with the GOAT....he should have no problem playing hard ball with Wentz....

7. Choke Howie

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If Carson is so great and irreplaceable why are they literally winning playoff games and the Super Bowl without him? 

Without him this year, we went 1-3 in our final 4 games. All we needed to do to get into the playoffs was finish the year with a win vs dallas and a win vs washington. Those 2 teams remind me of the teams you said this about:

The difference? Wentz got the job done in the end of the 2019 regular season. The "not Wentz" did not. 

I'm not going to sit here calling him "great and irreplaceable." I do believe he could have led this team to the postseason this year had he played throughout December (and week 17). Unfortunately for Wentz his struggles during the season brought on calls for benching which his coach gave into. Unfortunately for Eagles fans, we never got to see if the so-called "benching" had an effect, like so many people in favor of benching claimed it could. In order for benching to be a "coachable moment" you have to give the humbled player a chance to redeem himself. While I'd argue against the Hurts debut (vs GB) actually being a "spark" (since that's when Doug decided to go up-tempo which provided a spark for Wentz most of the time in 2020 as well), Hurts' 1st start resulted in an upset win. So I can concede that Hurts earned a second start. But we lost that game which put us in the position of needing to beat dallas and washington in our final 2 regular season games. That's the point where Doug should have given the team leader a chance to redeem himself. By sticking with Hurts, it became clear it wasn't a "benching," it was a parting of ways. Doug went "all in" with the wrong guy and now Doug's not here. 

45 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Without him this year, we went 1-3 in our final 4 games. All we needed to do to get into the playoffs was finish the year with a win vs dallas and a win vs washington. Those 2 teams remind me of the teams you said this about:

The difference? Wentz got the job done in the end of the 2019 regular season. The "not Wentz" did not. 

I'm not going to sit here calling him "great and irreplaceable." I do believe he could have led this team to the postseason this year had he played throughout December (and week 17). Unfortunately for Wentz his struggles during the season brought on calls for benching which his coach gave into. Unfortunately for Eagles fans, we never got to see if the so-called "benching" had an effect, like so many people in favor of benching claimed it could. In order for benching to be a "coachable moment" you have to give the humbled player a chance to redeem himself. While I'd argue against the Hurts debut (vs GB) actually being a "spark" (since that's when Doug decided to go up-tempo which provided a spark for Wentz most of the time in 2020 as well), Hurts' 1st start resulted in an upset win. So I can concede that Hurts earned a second start. But we lost that game which put us in the position of needing to beat dallas and washington in our final 2 regular season games. That's the point where Doug should have given the team leader a chance to redeem himself. By sticking with Hurts, it became clear it wasn't a "benching," it was a parting of ways. Doug went "all in" with the wrong guy and now Doug's not here. 

I won’t for a moment say I believe Hurts is "right guy” rather I will state I’d rather find out than waste time with the other guy. The other guy beat a bunch of teams that quit on their coach the year prior and did what he’s done every year since 2016. Fail to finish the season. I’m not interested in reading would’ve, could’ve, and should’ve nonsense. Lamar Jackson actually was MVP and his team got bounced out the playoffs. Brady in 2017 was MVP, and his team lost to Foles. I’m not interested in hearing how a faux MVP would have accomplished something he didn’t. What’s real is one playoff appearance and zero playoff victories. 3 wins in 12 games. I don’t know what Hurts is, but I’d rather find out than continue down a path on a bridge to nowhere. 

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

What’s real is one playoff appearance and zero playoff victories. 3 wins in 12 games.

You know what else is real? Tim Tebow has an 8-6 regular season record and is 1-1 in the playoffs. You know what else is real? Trent Dilfer was 7-1 as a starter in 2000 and then went 4-0 in the playoffs. You know what else is real? Football is a team sport ... still.

9 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

I cannot speak for the person you quoted, obviously, but if that happened I would say ok now we have something. Currently all we have are people hiding behind anonymous like cowards, meanwhile other leaders of this team (Cox, Ertz, Graham, Johnson, Brooks, Kelce and even Nate the Great) saying the reports are nonsense. 

Which report? The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th one?

43 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Which report? The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th one?

Pick one, they all say the same as the one before. Only new thing is apparently now Carson was killing plays out if spite. How anyone knows that is beyond me. Can these reporters read minds now? 

The other day I was listening to a podcast with Nic Ertz and he was saying how he and a bunch of players would go to Carson's for BBQs. He was also saying how all the guys liked him. You have to figure there are 52 men in that locker room, so they aren't all going to get along and for whatever reason a few of them don't like Carson. It's not the end of the world. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

You know what else is real? Tim Tebow has an 8-6 regular season record and is 1-1 in the playoffs. You know what else is real? Trent Dilfer was 7-1 as a starter in 2000 and then went 4-0 in the playoffs. You know what else is real? Football is a team sport ... still.

You are not going to be able to talk him out of his Wentz hate. 

14 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

The news article on Wentz is very disturbing if true. If true that he killed plays Pederson called out of spite and blamed pressure during film study for not accepting why he didn't throw the ball to the open man who was the primary target of the play is also disturbing. How do we know Wentz will not continue to do this with a new HC. 

If true, he needs to be traded because it's cancerous to a team. 

There's been rumors of that a long time now, way before that article. Wouldn't run plays that were called.

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Sadly Wentz is the eagle's, at least until he moves on. Had hopes of him moving before Doug was fired, now I'm not. I'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

9 hours ago, greend said:

They kept everyone but Doug.

They kept Press Taylor who it has been well recorded is Wentz guy. They got rid of Marty and Scango after a year. They fired Doug.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They kept Press Taylor who it has been well recorded is Wentz guy. They got rid of Marty and Scango after a year. They fired Doug.

Hmmm, maybe Wentz had a hit put on them. Again if Wentz can't be fixed he'll be gone as soon as he possibly can. He has no power. Doug got canned 1 because he wanted to. 2. Because of the staff he wanted to assemble and 3. because Doug

42 minutes ago, greend said:

Hmmm, maybe Wentz had a hit put on them. Again if Wentz can't be fixed he'll be gone as soon as he possibly can. He has no power. Doug got canned 1 because he wanted to. 2. Because of the staff he wanted to assemble and 3. because Doug

I kinda wonder if reason 2 fed into reason 1, even somewhat. Doug knew he couldn’t just quit. So he suggests a ridiculous staff to ensure his firing. 

Of course, that being said, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Doug actually wanted that reported staff in place either. 

20 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/thoughts-report-detailing-carson-wentzs-uncoachable-unaccountable-behavior

"But Wentz’s inability to take coaching has been well-documented"? Really? That's news to me.

"But you have always been able to see the hesitance from Wentz to accept blame." Maybe I missed it but that wasn't obvious to me.

You think he's been coached to hold on to the ball with D Linemen running free in his face and to sail the ball on swing passes 4 times out of 5?

Go and read his Scouting reports from 2016 and see how many concerns in there you can still recognise now, here's two to start with

USA Today Draftwire - Carson Wentz

PFF Scouting Report - Carson Wentz North Dakota

If you can't recognise Wentz problems in those reports we're watching different players, and that to me suggests that he isn't taking coaching.

Rivers retired. Perfect fit for Wentz to resurrect his career. So Lurie and Howie will probably... keep him now. 😆

As soon as Wentz goes, the next guy will become the target, so let's pass that torch and show how bad of fans that we really are.  It's like a F'ing hit squad that always has to have a target or they are not satisfied.

Archived