Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

It amazes me how so many eat this crap up. Lurie's going to fire Doug because he wanted to move forward with Hurts, then he comes out and says the next coach will decide who the QB is? Sorry that doesn't make any sense. Aikman was hit in the head too many times, his opinion doesn't mean crap.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Troy Aikman said on Michael Irvin's podcast that he spoke with Pederson after the firing.  Pederson wanted to move forward with Hurts as starting QB but Lurie disagreed.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/troy-aikman-doug-pederson-carson-wentz-jeffrey-lurie-michael-irvin-podcast-20210113.html

"Jeffrey Lurie has paid a lot of money to Carson Wentz, and they’re on the hook with him, and can’t get out of that contract right away,” Aikman told Irvin, his longtime friend and former Cowboys teammate. "It’s my belief that Doug Pederson felt that Jalen Hurts probably [should be] the quarterback going forward. But how does that mesh [with Wentz’s contract situation]? I believe it all came down to how they’re going to handle Carson Wentz.”

He spoke with him but didn't get an answer only what he believes Doug was going to do.

It's my belief that bigfoot lives in one of your houses.

Headline "greend speaks to taters and  bigfoot lives in their houses".

1 minute ago, greend said:

It's my belief that bigfoot lives in one of your houses.

Headline "greend speaks to taters and  bigfoot lives in their houses".

His name is Darryl! 

Leaked: 2021 Ford Bronco Options Decoded! Engines, Transmissions, Gear  Ratios, Trims, Colors, Tops, Packages & More | Page 32 | Bronco6G - 2021+  Ford Bronco Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Pederson brings a Super Bowl to Philly without Wentz in the playoffs and Pederson is the one that lost the power struggle? Lol this franchise is something else. 

Pederson should have been given another year without Wentz at least. Oh well, Howie wins!

2 minutes ago, greend said:

He spoke with him but didn't get an answer only what he believes Doug was going to do.

Not only that, but Doug was saying (before he was fired) he was confident that he and Wentz could work things out. 

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Not only that, but Doug was saying (before he was fired) he was confident that he and Wentz could work things out. 

Oh you mean during that stage when he was trying to keep his job. The irony is Doug was trying to make things right with Wentz by expanding the role of Carson’s Buddy Taylor. 😂

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Oh you mean during that stage when he was trying to keep his job. The irony is Doug was trying to make things right with Wentz by expanding the role of Carson’s Buddy Taylor. 😂

Doug was fired for the same reason Wentz was benched --- he was fired because he underperformed. 

Aikman's report is comical to me because I'd still wager that when all is said and done, Wentz will be on another team before next season begins. All this media conjecture-circus is a result of being what fans want to hear. 

28 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Doug was fired for the same reason Wentz was benched --- he was fired because he underperformed. 

Aikman's report is comical to me because I'd still wager that when all is said and done, Wentz will be on another team before next season begins. All this media conjecture-circus is a result of being what fans want to hear. 

All fans care about is winning and not whining. If Wentz performs next season then no one will care what role he played in getting Pederson fired. If he doesn’t they will boo him if they’re in the stands and kill him on the radio. 

Let's look at the things "reported" that contradict each other:

• Last month: Doug was loyal to Wentz, but Lurie/Howie forced him to bench him for Hurts
  • Now: Doug wanted Hurts so they fired Doug to keep Wentz
  • The first HC interview requested was Hurts' former college coach

Doug defended Wentz all year - blaming O line, WRs and injuries and protecting Wentz.  Then Hurts had a good game and beat the top defense and top NFC seed (at the time) and Doug totally downplayed it, pointed out his mistakes and said it was a team effort.

There are so many "reports" about this team all the time.  

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

More and more reports are that Doug is gone because of Wentz. Troy Aikman is the latest

This makes no sense.  Doug stood by Wentz WAY longer than anybody else would have.  Heck, you could argue that Doug should be fired because of how long he stood by him.  

It also is not a sure thing that Wentz is going to come back because Doug's gone.  Jeff wants to re-build and to get rid of expensive talent that is not performing well.  If we get a reasonable trade offer for Wentz, he's gone.  

22 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

This makes no sense.  Doug stood by Wentz WAY longer than anybody else would have.  Heck, you could argue that Doug should be fired because of how long he stood by him.  

It also is not a sure thing that Wentz is going to come back because Doug's gone.  Jeff wants to re-build and to get rid of expensive talent that is not performing well.  If we get a reasonable trade offer for Wentz, he's gone.  

No one wants to be responsible for this massive failure. 

17 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol people are listening to Aikman about Eagles news now?

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Let's look at the things "reported" that contradict each other:

• Last month: Doug was loyal to Wentz, but Lurie/Howie forced him to bench him for Hurts
  • Now: Doug wanted Hurts so they fired Doug to keep Wentz
  • The first HC interview requested was Hurts' former college coach

Doug defended Wentz all year - blaming O line, WRs and injuries and protecting Wentz.  Then Hurts had a good game and beat the top defense and top NFC seed (at the time) and Doug totally downplayed it, pointed out his mistakes and said it was a team effort.

There are so many "reports" about this team all the time.  

Anything negative about Wentz is to be believed and anything positive shall be ignored. Didn't you know?

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol people are listening to Aikman about Eagles news now?

Anything negative about Wentz is to be believed and anything positive shall be ignored. Didn't you know?

I just post them when I see them lol. I don't believe any of it or care, that is why you don't see me in here arguing the same sheet over and over and over like the rest of these knuckleheads lol. 

Eagles fans eat this crap up and the media knows it that why reporting is as bad as it is in Philly. 

7 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

not to mention lurie wanted to keep doug despite the reports of carson wanting out, if lurie wanted to fire doug because of the wentz benching, he would have been fired the minute he played hurts.

Deal with it haters.  Carson Wentz will be the week 1 starter next year.  And with competent coaching and play calling, you will all be back on his nuts.  But I will not forget.

As @RememberTheKoy said, you don’t deserve Carson Wentz.

56 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Deal with it haters.  Carson Wentz will be the week 1 starter next year.  And with competent coaching and play calling, you will all be back on his nuts.  But I will not forget.

Wentz isn't elite. Needs to many components to be successful. With his soft mentality, thinking he doesn't need to change or not the problem he will continue to up and down.

4 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

Wentz isn't elite. Needs to many components to be successful. With his soft mentality, thinking he doesn't need to change or not the problem he will continue to up and down.

I agree. I think Wentz can be a top 10-15 QB but I don't think he can be a top 10 QB. I think he's better than what he was in 2020 but he's far from elite. And ultimately with that contract we are paying, and we need, elite play. 

One lesson learned from this mess: extending player contracts years before they expire is completely unnecessary.  This narrative that it saves "Soo much money" is BS.

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, I’m sure they requested to interview Hurts college QB because the plan is to stick with Wentz. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Yeah, I’m sure they requested to interview Hurts college QB because the plan is to stick with Wentz. 

Riley probably responded "F#$%, I can't win in the NFL with Jalen Hurts.  I'm out!"

12 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Riley probably responded "F#$%, I can't win in the NFL with Jalen Hurts.  I'm out!"

More likely scenario is he didn’t want to work for Howie. But ok. 

Now Brett Favre comes out and implies Doug was canned because of Carson Wentz. Unlike Aikman we know he’s spoken to Doug. Don’t worry about it though. Keep thinking Carson is the model teammate/player even though you have heard contrary to that in the past 4 years. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Now Brett Favre comes out and implies Doug was canned because of Carson Wentz. Unlike Aikman we know he’s spoken to Doug. Don’t worry about it though. Keep thinking Carson is the model teammate/player even though you have heard contrary to that in the past 4 years. 

And we should care about his opinion because...?

Archived