Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

12 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

The only thing with a short leash is that you must have an adequate replacement.  While I agree with your idea, that is the limiting factor and was this year, as well.

Hurts will do the job fine imo replacing Wentz... He showed more than enough despite having no training camp..

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Hurts will do the job fine imo replacing Wentz... He showed more than enough despite having no training camp..

To each his own.  I have zero faith in Hurts as an NFL QB, as his style of play is not sustainable.  However, I think that we will find out. Wentz is likely gone to support this rebuild by recouping some assets. 

On 1/22/2021 at 4:13 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Sirianni is in a really tough position. I think there will be a focus on fixing Wentz and I kind of get that.

Right, I was thinking the same thing, it's really not fair for a coach to come in and be told this is our/your broke QB that we want you to fix because we know how coaches and QB's are joined at the hip.

Because of that I'm thinking that maybe they should draft the boy from NDSU if Sirianni wants him.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:43 AM, NOTW said:

Especially since we've said FOR YEARS that they need to nail THIS draft to get top shelf talent or the team will suffer long-term. Seriously, every year people say Howie really needs to nail this draft.

At some point you stop hoping because you know it won't happen. 

Missing on Jefferson was awful, if he stays healthy he’s gonna be a beast for years to come.  Roseman should of been fired for that alone. 

3 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Missing on Jefferson was awful, if he stays healthy he’s gonna be a beast for years to come.  Roseman should of been fired for that alone. 

He should have been fired for this draft.  Period.

The EMB still makes me laugh when I read posts like these about Jefferson. I was one of only a handful of posters that even defended the idea of drafting him at 21. Most people that were onboard with the idea a month before the draft were talked out of the idea by fellow EMBers because of the whole "can he play outside" debate and the idea that you don't draft a slot WR that early. Then during the draft Ceedee Lamb slipped and had dallas not grabbed him, he probably lasts to 21 and probably 99.9% of us hoped that would happen. Immediately after the draft, not one person was crying because we didn't get Jefferson when all was said and done. The theme was we failed because we didn't trade up for Lamb when he slipped. That was all people talked about for weeks. Now, after the 2020 regular season has passed --- we all knew Jefferson was a stud ...

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Right, I was thinking the same thing, it's really not fair for a coach to come in and be told this is our/your broke QB that we want you to fix because we know how coaches and QB's are joined at the hip.

Because of that I'm thinking that maybe they should draft the boy from NDSU if Sirianni wants him.

Is that who Sirianni wants?

Just saw Brady throw a ball at the feet of the back. Something Wentz apologists told me was an impossible thing to do.🙄

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is that who Sirianni wants?

I have no idea, that's why I wrote 'if Sirianni wants him".

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just saw Brady throw a ball at the feet of the back. Something Wentz apologists told me was an impossible thing to do.🙄

Yeah? I saw him throw 3 INTs and still win a game. I also saw Allen hold on to the ball way too long, repeatedly trying to extend plays. I saw Mahomes begin the game with a 3 and out and overthrow his receivers a few times and also lead a couple of his targets into huge hits. I also saw Rodgers lose his 4th of 5 career NFC Championship games. 

Don't quote me on this, but I have a hunch that when all is said and done in the Super Bowl in two weeks, that there will be only one team holding the trophy after the game. That's just based on what I've seen in previous years. 

On 1/22/2021 at 10:31 AM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Sounds like Wentz will be given every opportunity to prove last year was a fluke.  

I'm thinking 2017 was a fluke, he's never played at that level before or after.  Keep in mind, the list of QBs who had a 1 good year is endless.

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Yeah? I saw him throw 3 INTs and still win a game. I also saw Allen hold on to the ball way too long, repeatedly trying to extend plays. I saw Mahomes begin the game with a 3 and out and overthrow his receivers a few times and also lead a couple of his targets into huge hits. I also saw Rodgers lose his 4th of 5 career NFC Championship games. 

Don't quote me on this, but I have a hunch that when all is said and done in the Super Bowl in two weeks, that there will be only one team holding the trophy after the game. That's just based on what I've seen in previous years. 

Hey can your boy win one playoff game? Can he at least finish more than one season on the field? How about we focus on the basic stuff. You know like getting rid of the football when pressure is coming rather than worrying about division championships he’s never come close to being in.🙄

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hey can your boy win one playoff game? 

Nope. You still haven't figured it out. 

"In football, it's the ultimate team sport. You have to have good people around you as a quarterback for things to happen." --- Warren Moon. 

"Football is a team sport and there is no one individual who is bigger than the next person." --- Emmitt Smith

"I've never been a fan of individual awards because football is such a team sport. There's so many things that go into making plays. It's about teammates trusting one another and working together." --- Troy Polamalu

"Whenever you’re this bad, it’s never just one person, it’s never just one position group, and it’s never just players, coaches and front office. It’s everybody and that’s the reality.” --- Jason Kelce

"It's the whole team!"

DefinitiveDangerousInexpectatumpleco-max

41 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

"In football, it's the ultimate team sport. You have to have good people around you as a quarterback for things to happen." --- Warren Moon. 

"Football is a team sport and there is no one individual who is bigger than the next person." --- Emmitt Smith

"I've never been a fan of individual awards because football is such a team sport. There's so many things that go into making plays. It's about teammates trusting one another and working together." --- Troy Polamalu

"Whenever you’re this bad, it’s never just one person, it’s never just one position group, and it’s never just players, coaches and front office. It’s everybody and that’s the reality.” --- Jason Kelce

"It's the whole team!"

So when the lineman asked DP to sit Wentz..because Wentz would not release the bowl, this was not just his problem..somehow this was a teams fault??? Sometimes Individual responsibility is exactly what it is. 

5 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

So when the lineman asked DP to sit Wentz..because Wentz would not release the bowl, this was not just his problem..somehow this was a teams fault??? Sometimes Individual responsibility is exactly what it is. 

Who was this lineman? Jamaal Brown? That's my guess. Maybe that lineman should do his own job? Obviously, Kelce didn't share his opinion. But of course, you can side with the anonymous coward if you prefer.

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Who was this lineman? Jamaal Brown? That's my guess. Maybe that lineman should do his own job? Obviously, Kelce didn't share his opinion. But of course, you can side with the anonymous coward if you prefer.

Dude there is no point in arguing for the sake of arguing. Wentz holding the ball too long and not going through his progressions..is common knowledge. DP made the right choice by sitting him down when he did.

2 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Dude there is no point in arguing for the sake of arguing. Wentz holding the ball too long and not going through his progressions..is common knowledge. DP made the right choice by sitting him down when he did.

If he's not going through his progressions why is he holding the ball too long? What was needed in Doug's horrible offense last year was a q.b. that looked at one, maybe two receivers, and then took off running. And that my friend will eventually get your q.b. killed. 

1 minute ago, greend said:

If he's not going through his progressions why is he holding the ball too long? What was needed in Doug's horrible offense last year was a q.b. that looked at one, maybe two receivers, and then took off running. And that my friend will eventually get your q.b. killed. 

Welcome to the new Head coach, new regime, new scheme...and everything from before is behind us. Looking forward to what Nick can bring.

21 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Welcome to the new Head coach, new regime, new scheme...and everything from before is behind us. Looking forward to what Nick can bring.

Bingo

42 minutes ago, greend said:

Bingo.

People must think he looks at one target and locks on just waiting for him to get open.

5 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

New, New and New with the same ol QB. 

With Rodgers, Watson, Dak, Stafford and FA's available, Wentz doesn't stand a chance of gettng work elsewhere if the decision has anything to do with football.

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

"It's the whole team!"

The "whole team” doesn’t need to figure out when the play is dead to simply throw it away the quarterback does. Wake up and realize that’s on Wentz. I do find I ironic how you went on a rant on how Rodgers lost another championship game, but when it come to Wentz”ITS DA WHOLE TEAM!” Whatever fits your narrative huh bud? 😂🤣😂

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

New, New and New with the same ol QB. 

With Rodgers, Watson, Dak, Stafford and FA's available, Wentz doesn't stand a chance of gettng work elsewhere if the decision has anything to do with football.

I never said a new QB! We are married to Wentz's contract by Minister Howie at the altar. So we are stuck, but hopefully the new coach can emphasize running game a little more and things may be different. I don't expect immediate improvements, nor should anyone also. This next year is all about determining if Wentz can be fixed and/OR Hurts is a better option at QB. Everything also is gravy. I do expect that defense will get addressed in the draft and small incremental improvements throughout.

6 hours ago, Swoop said:

Bingo.

People must think he looks at one target and locks on just waiting for him to get open.

Not to mention people always saying he should just throw it away. His WRs struggled to get open, which means if he didn't try to buy them time he'd be throwing away the ball on almost every play. That is not to say that there were legitimate times that he should have thrown the ball away, but it has become a blanket statement to just say he should throw the ball away without including the context of trying to win a game, having sub-par WRs, and a poor Oline.

Archived