Philadelphia Eagles: Should we be worried about Fletcher Cox?

UK_EaglesFan89

On 9/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, Diehardfan said:

For me it comes down to how the season goes. I don't see them going anyplace, but hope to be wrong. There comes a time when a rebuild has to happen. That doesn't mean it has to be a full tear down but paying an aging player 20+ a season keeps them from improving other places. The dead cap will keep them from being able to move him though. 

I believe we’d save around 7 million trading him in the 2021 season. 

On 9/15/2020 at 7:11 AM, time2rock said:

I don't see this team contending for a title any time in the very near future - we have a lot of ground to cover to catch up to Seattle, NO, KC, Baltimore, etc.  The only way we are going to get back there is by having a few consecutive drafts that we completely ace - I don't see that happening either with Howie in charge of talent evaluation.  By the team this team possibly returns to being legitimate contenders, Cox will surely be a shell of the player he once was, so honestly, the takeaway message of the article isn't that outlandish in that it might be wise to consider moving him soon and getting as much draft capital in return to potentially build up the roster with promising young talent.  We just need moves like that (and a potential Ertz trade for more high draft capital) to coincide with a change at GM (and unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon).  So be prepared for a few seasons of possibly sneaking into the playoffs and crapping out early as best case scenario.  

What you say is dead on but I don't see us making the playoffs for a year or two, and by a wide margin. I'm talking 5-7 wins. Gmen are going to be decent when they get their top players back, Dallas is always good for 9-11 wins and who knows about Washington. By then, you can add Doug and Wentz to the list.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:34 AM, birdman#12 said:

This is soooooo typical philly media BS.......

Since when does random website #75844763 even qualify as media?

This is just some wannabe garbage