In 10 years will we look back at 2017 as the (amazing) anomaly in an unspectacular era?

Sack that QB

Just now, NOTW said:

Schwartz might quit if he doesn't get talent, he'll go elsewhere with a GM that gets him talent and end up having success as a DC.

He might well do. But he's been given players and ultimately the coaches haven't done a very good job of developing them. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He might well do. But he's been given players and ultimately the coaches haven't done a very good job of developing them. 

I agree, Jim's got to adjust and play to players strengths.  A couple years ago with Jenkins and some rookies and practice squad players, Jenkins had to convince him to simplify the scheme and let guys just play and it worked.  

I think Schwartz might be the type to be stubborn and expect players to do what he wants and for the team to give him the talent it requires.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, Godfather said:

I hope Reich gets fired so we can bring him back

Even if he comes back you won’t recreate the greatness. In fact my guess it will look more like the 2016 Eagles than anything else. 

The #1 problem is the draft failures year after year after year. As long as Howie is making these picks, nothing will change. Lurie loves Howie, so nothing will change. 

The next 20 years of Eagles lore - Perennial also-rans that snuck one in. At least they got that one. Our team is the Northern version of the Brady-less Buccaneers. whoo-hoo...:thumbdown:

On 9/25/2020 at 2:25 PM, NOTW said:

Schwartz might quit if he doesn't get talent, he'll go elsewhere with a GM that gets him talent and end up having success as a DC.

His contract is up at the end of the season. He wont be back anyways. if Howie and Lurie wanted him back, he would have had his contract extended already. Writing is on the wall for Jim in Philly. 

• Like 1