Week 2 Injury Tracker

time2rock

Please add all injury related news to this thread leading up to the week 2 showdown with the Rams.  

Peterson today said both Curry and James suffered "significant" injuries that will keep them off the field for a while.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/14/eagles-expect-vinny-curry-craig-james-to-be-out-a-while/

7 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Lane, Sanders, Barnett will be out after Doug's comments

That's extremely unfortunate.  

11 minutes ago, Godfather said:

At this point id settle for having Lane back and everyone else can take their time. He’s really the anchor on the OL and we ALWAYS struggle without him there regardless of the year. 

• Like 1

Just now, wtfcares said:

At this point id settle for having Lane back and everyone else can take their time. He’s really the anchor on the OL and we ALWAYS struggle without him there regardless of the year. 

Losing record without him

21 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Oh man.  0-2 for sure.  I just hope to see Doug calling a good game and get Wentz more on the move and mix it with the running game.   if Wentz wants to play heroball against Donald and Co his season would be cut short pretty quick.

Just now, manz2821 said:

Oh man.  0-2 for sure.  I just hope to see Doug calling a good game and get Wentz more on the move and mix it with the running game.   if Wentz wants to play heroball against Donald and Co his season would be cut short pretty quick.

This is why they hired Scangarello. More of that Shannan offense. Run those rpo's, motion's, quick passes. Only way we survive 

5 minutes ago, Godfather said:

This is why they hired Scangarello. More of that Shannan offense. Run those rpo's, motion's, quick passes. Only way we survive 

Well was he sleeping on the job yesterday?  I mean the world knew Washington's strength is the D line and we were really banged up on the OLine. So I fail to understand why we did not game plan for it.  It also really boggles my mind how he does not game plan with Wentz like he did with those RPO's with Foles in those 2 big games in the 2017 season

• Like 1

Just now, manz2821 said:

Well was he sleeping on the job yesterday?  I mean the world knew Washington's strength is the D line and we were really banged up on the OLine. So I fail to understand why we did not game plan for it.  It also really boggles my mind how he does not game plan with Wentz like he did with those RPO's with Foles in those 2 big games in the 2017 season

Simple answer. He took that game as a W no matter what

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Simple answer. He took that game as a W no matter what

Just awful game planning and play calling.  SMH.  So disappointing 😞

Just now, manz2821 said:

Just awful game planning and play calling.  SMH.  So disappointing 😞

No doubt. It was obvious. Even in the first half when they were up 17-0, they looked like the eagles of last year 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Exactly!   Its like they game planned for Foles strengths when he was in.   WTF cant they put a game plan together around the strengths of the other team??   Its coaching 101.   And why is wentz so stubborn and not smart enough to throw the ball away

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

He never said they were out. He said he was going to increase their practice load. 

I didn't change the thread title ... 

What exactly was said that hinted that Lane/Barnett/Sanders are out for week 2?

And respectfully, the Curry/James injuries are irrelevant.  You can get comparables off practice squads.

21 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

What exactly was said that hinted that Lane/Barnett/Sanders are out for week 2?

Again, that info was added to the thread title by one of the mods, not by me.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

Losing record without him

With this O line game planning and play calling a losing record is a given. Look at the schedule and tell me who we might beat with this horrible O line.  Cinn? Who else?

So Brandon Graham is in concussion protocol while Vinny Curry and Craig James suffered "significant injuries.” The hits just keep coming.

44 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I didn't change the thread title ... 

Sorry that was me, I trusted this guy:

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

I'll never trust you again!  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-injury-updates-nfl-rumors-devonta-freeman-vinny-curry-miles-sanders-lane-johnson-derek-barnett/

Graham: concussion protocol
Lane Johnson, Miles Sanders and Derek Barnett: day to day
Vinny Curry & Craig James: out "for a while"

Graham:

...and Brandon Graham went down with a concussion. Pederson confirmed Monday that the veteran lineman is in the protocol with his status for this week's game against the Rams still in doubt. The Eagles could, however, get a reinforcement if Derek Barnett is able to go on Sunday, but if not, there's a real chance their top three defensive ends will be out and they are looking at a rotation of Josh Sweat, Genard Avery and Casey Toohill against L.A. 

Lane and Miles:

"On Miles and Lane and some of the other guys — Derek Barnett — we're going to increase their practice time this week," Pederson said. "We're going to see as the week goes on where they are and hopefully they'll be available for the game on Sunday. But, again, day by day with those guys."

Curry and James:

"Vinny [Curry] and Craig James both have significant injuries," Pederson told reporters during his Monday Zoom press conference. "They're going to miss some time here in the next couple of weeks, so I don't anticipate either one of those back [for Sunday]."

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 4:44 PM, weko said:

With this O line game planning and play calling a losing record is a given. Look at the schedule and tell me who we might beat with this horrible O line.  Cinn? Who else?

We can beat Pitt and LAR

On 9/14/2020 at 4:46 PM, Moderator6 said:

Sorry that was me, I trusted this guy:

I'll never trust you again!  :P

Lol I was basing it off Doug's normal, give you the run around comments

• Like 1