Week 2 Injury Tracker

time2rock

Maybe it was said already, but there were way too many empty backfield reps when Wentz was getting hammered.  Just didn’t understand play calling.

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

We can beat Pitt and LAR

Lol I was basing it off Doug's normal give you the run around comments

Maybe we beat Cinn at home along with the 3 division games.  Maybe we steal one on the road.  Hard to see better than 5-11 with this horrible OL.  Might be worse

3 minutes ago, weko said:

Maybe we beat Cinn at home along with the 3 division games.  Maybe we steal one on the road.  Hard to see better than 5-11 with this horrible OL.  Might be worse

Getting Johnson back will make a huge difference.  He’s one of the best OTs in the league.  They just need to figure out RG.  And play calling.  

8 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Getting Johnson back will make a huge difference.  He’s one of the best OTs in the league.  They just need to figure out RG.  And play calling.  

Pryor is a half decent RG.  Has the size to run block.  He's much better than Herbig.  I have no idea why Herbig is in there over him.  Maybe Pryor had words with the coach after his disastrous practice at LT two weeks ago.  It feels like more of a personality issue rather than ability.  I mean they played Herbig over him.  Herbig is not an NFL player at this time.  Pryor is a serviceable RG

A little birdie told me Curry is being placed on IR and that Ostman is expected to be called up to take his spot.  Unsure how true this is ATM ... will post a link when it is confirmed.  

EDIT:

Both Curry and James have been placed on IR.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/15/eagles-put-vinny-curry-craig-james-on-ir/

So James is out for a significant period? Well they are going to have to bring in another CB then aren't they? As right now who the hell plays on the outside if Slay or Maddox get hurt?

44 minutes ago, toolg said:

Current IR rules means Curry and James are out at least 21 days.

So we should have one open roster spot then (since 2 went on IR and only brought up one from PS ... Opeta).  Glenn??

Johnson, Sanders, and Barnett all on track to play on Sunday according to McPherson.  Sanders and Barnett were full participants in practice yesterday while Johnson will limited but intends to play (all for it so long as he isn't rushing himself back on to the field and suffers a more extensive injury as a result forcing him to miss significant time).

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/rams-vs-eagles-injury-report

30 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I feared that Doug was going to pull one of those day to day comments for weeks with Sanders and Lane

I just hope both are "good enough” to go, that they aren’t rushing back before they are ready.

I also hope the play calling is much different this week, with designed rollouts for Wentz and getting rid of the ball quickly.  It almost seemed as though they were trying to make a statement last Sunday by going for long ball more than they needed to in response to the criticism over the boring, dink-and-dunk offense they trotter out there last year.   

12 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I just hope both are "good enough” to go, that they aren’t rushing back before they are ready.

I also hope the play calling is much different this week, with designed rollouts for Wentz and getting rid of the ball quickly.  It almost seemed as though they were trying to make a statement last Sunday by going for long ball more than they needed to in response to the criticism over the boring, dink-and-dunk offense they trotter out there last year.   

That's another worry of mine. Putting a limping Lane in there only to get something more serious injured

If they don't have Wentz move around when the pocket collapses and gets sacked then I'll be thinking he's injured and Doug has been lying

Seems like Hargrave, Barnett, Graham are gonna get in there as well. Really can't wait for Hargrave. Barnett should be a backup to Sweat until he shows he can do better and stay on the field  (Healthy). Graham was kinda surprising, happy though if its the case.

So aside from the ir list, just Alshon gotta get back on the field. 

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Seems like Hargrave, Barnett, Graham are gonna get in there as well. Really can't wait for Hargrave. Barnett should be a backup to Sweat until he shows he can do better and stay on the field  (Healthy). Graham was kinda surprising, happy though if its the case.

So aside from the ir list, just Alshon gotta get back on the field. 

I like the idea of Sweat over Barnett but Sweat has to be managed with his snaps. Unfortunately I doubt we will ever see Sweat start over Barnett no matter what happens.