Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Welcome Back Zach Ertz

Featured Replies

IMG_7269.jpeg

IMG_3275.jpeg

IMG_7272.jpeg

Good to see.

  • Author

IMG_7271.jpeg

Nice. I like to see him get the record

Let’s go! towel

It must mean the Goedert injury is more than 1-2 games. sad

  • Author
12 minutes ago, toolg said:

Let’s go! towel

It must mean the Goedert injury is more than 1-2 games. sad

With Stowers likely a year away from possibly contributing and not much else in the TE room as far as pass catching threats, Ertz could very well end up here for the duration of the season.

Goedert hurt…..again.

TE room sucks so bad that Ertz has to come back. Yay.😃

Next year’s draft……we need like 45 O-linemen, 18 TEs, and 6 WRs.

🦅🏄🦮

Even if this was mostly fan service, I’m a fan of this fan service. Let’s get this man that record.

Why didn't they do this in August once they knew Stowers was on bust alert? They had to have known Goedert had no shot of playing all 17.

LFG! 🦅

34 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Why didn't they do this in August once they knew Stowers was on bust alert? They had to have known Goedert had no shot of playing all 17.

One thing I learned is never second guess Howie. I'm sure he had his reasons

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Goedert hurt…..again.

TE room sucks so bad that Ertz has to come back. Yay.😃

Next year’s draft……we need like 45 O-linemen, 18 TEs, and 6 WRs.

🦅🏄🦮

That'd be a lot of FaCtOrYzZsZsSz my guy

I hope he's ready to play this week.

56 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

One thing I learned is never second guess Howie. I'm sure he had his reasons

Really? Howie hits but definitely has some god awful misses...and unfortunately it looks like this draft class will go down as one of his worst

2 hours ago, b_west3 said:

Why didn't they do this in August once they knew Stowers was on bust alert? They had to have known Goedert had no shot of playing all 17.

One reason (I believe) not to is if he's on the roster for week 1, his 2026 salary is guaranteed. If he's signed after week 1, he's week to week. I think that's how that goes.

58 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Really? Howie hits but definitely has some god awful misses...and unfortunately it looks like this draft class will go down as one of his worst

Yup. The TE room, the QB room, the WR room, all butt-arse. I didn’t even mention the S room or the O Line room.

2 hours ago, b_west3 said:

Why didn't they do this in August once they knew Stowers was on bust alert? They had to have known Goedert had no shot of playing all 17.

Basically it was for cap purposes.

If he was on the roster week 1, the contract is fully guaranteed. Signing him after that, the contract is capped if released. Teams do it frequently with vested veterans.

Awesome to have Ertz back! He was pretty damn good in Washington last year. Coming off the knee at his age is tough, but I think he can still contribute as a security blanket for Hurts in the passing game

Yes! towel

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

One reason (I believe) not to is if he's on the roster for week 1, his 2026 salary is guaranteed. If he's signed after week 1, he's week to week. I think that's how that goes.

I think from his side he may have wanted someone to actually offer him some money and by now he knows its not happening.

Not expecting much but we'll see.

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Yup. The TE room, the QB room, the WR room, all butt-arse. I didn’t even mention the S room or the O Line room.

I get what you are saying but the WR is pretty good, the rest are looking bare.. 🙁

  • Author

I do wonder where he is at with his recovery from the ACL tear he suffered just 9 months ago. I have a feeling those expecting to see him in Chicago next Monday are going to be disappointed ... guessing he isn't ready yet. If that is the case it makes perfect sense to add him to the practice squad to give him time to ramp up and finish his recovery rather than taking up a roster spot that could be used for someone who could potentially contribute in some capacity now.

19 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I do wonder where he is at with his recovery from the ACL tear he suffered just 9 months ago. I have a feeling those expecting to see him in Chicago next Monday are going to be disappointed ... guessing he isn't ready yet. If that is the case it makes perfect sense to add him to the practice squad to give him time to ramp up and finish his recovery rather than taking up a roster spot that could be used for someone who could potentially contribute in some capacity now.

I think there's a half decent chance he's active...we basically need him to be. If he's ready medically, they will probably make him active and draw up a few basic plays for him to get acclimated.

Can't lie, I have much faith about him being a nice pickup and put up respectable numbers. So much faith that I can even see him staying next year (if Goedert doesn't get another 1 year deal) to [continue] babysit Stowers in every single aspect of the game.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.