September 22Sep 22 Author 36 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:I think there's a half decent chance he's active...we basically need him to be. If he's ready medically, they will probably make him active and draw up a few basic plays for him to get acclimated.Of course ... if he's ready medically. I just have a gut feeling he isn't quite there yet (not based on any knowledge or information ... and I also didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night ) . I'm preparing for a lot of Jenkins and Mundt.
September 22Sep 22 13 hours ago, b_west3 said:Why didn't they do this in August once they knew Stowers was on bust alert? They had to have known Goedert had no shot of playing all 17.I’m sure the eagles and Zach had conversations. The Eagles and him had a plan if needed.
September 22Sep 22 2 hours ago, time2rock said:I do wonder where he is at with his recovery from the ACL tear he suffered just 9 months ago. I have a feeling those expecting to see him in Chicago next Monday are going to be disappointed ... guessing he isn't ready yet. If that is the case it makes perfect sense to add him to the practice squad to give him time to ramp up and finish his recovery rather than taking up a roster spot that could be used for someone who could potentially contribute in some capacity now.1 hour ago, EaglesAddict said:I think there's a half decent chance he's active...we basically need him to be. If he's ready medically, they will probably make him active and draw up a few basic plays for him to get acclimated.Yeah I agree - we need someone short term desperately. There isn’t really time for a 2 week rehab. Hopefully he can just find the underneath gaps in the zone and be a reliable target for Hurts.
September 22Sep 22 The TE position has been a real miss for a while now. Goedert is obviously very good when healthy but misses a bunch of games most seasons.Add stowers the bust and mundt who isn't a great receiver but decent blocker and its a fairly neglected but important positionEven more reason to dislike the stowers pick and what next year? are we going to waste another pick on a decent prospect or make a trade?
September 22Sep 22 Author 1 hour ago, rrfierce said:The TE position has been a real miss for a while now. Goedert is obviously very good when healthy but misses a bunch of games most seasons.Add stowers the bust and mundt who isn't a great receiver but decent blocker and its a fairly neglected but important positionEven more reason to dislike the stowers pick and what next year? are we going to waste another pick on a decent prospect or make a trade?There are quite a few positions that potentially could be in line to address next offseason. TE is most definitely one. iOL possibly (depending on how Kendall looks and Lampkin should he get some play time and how Morris develops). CB should we not re-sign Woolen. Still need a starter at S2 (Epps seems to be a bandaid but who knows maybe he plays his way into a modest extension). Hopefully Payton develops enough to bump up to QB2 but guessing Howie will want an experienced vet there behind Hurts.
September 22Sep 22 2 hours ago, time2rock said:John Clark is reporting he may play Monday night. That would be huge.So youre saying...Ertz was spotted at the airport
September 23Sep 23 Ertz and Hurts were teammates for a year and a half so at least they know each other a bit.I'm not expecting anything for Monday but he could be up to speed soon after at least for some packages.
September 23Sep 23 Ertz's game was never built on speed or great athletic ability. It was about being super smart and knowing how to get open in zone coverage and having great hands. He looked really good in Washington the last two seasons as a starter. If he is recovered from that knee injury he should be more than adequate as a fill for Goedert temporarily and then the 2nd TE. Smart move and the history he has here is just an added bonus.
September 23Sep 23 At this point in his career Ertz is not a down the seams/stretch the field kind of guy. He will be a 3rd and five pick up six yards kind of guy. Nothing wrong with that but I don't expect to see him catching passes 20 yards downfield.
September 24Sep 24 when do we expect Calcaterra back? He' shown promise over the last couple of years
September 25Sep 25 On 9/21/2026 at 8:35 PM, brkmsn said:I hope he's ready to play this week.I am not sure that he is, because he may not be familiar with the system yet. If they throw him passes 5 yards deep in the backfield, like they tried with Lemon, I will kick the television set. OR Hurts may start doing his things, doing what he knows best, what works ...over riding OC calls. I believe we are 2-0 not due to our OC, but despite our OC. He may be a smart guy, but I do not see that it is working on the field. First down is a prime example. Go Eagles.
September 25Sep 25 3 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:I am not sure that he is, because he may not be familiar with the system yet. If they throw him passes 5 yards deep in the backfield, like they tried with Lemon, I will kick the television set. OR Hurts may start doing his things, doing what he knows best, what works ...over riding OC calls. I believe we are 2-0 not due to our OC, but despite our OC. He may be a smart guy, but I do not see that it is working on the field. First down is a prime example. Go Eagles.Buy one of these:Print out a head shot of Siri and tape it over the face. Hit that instead.Its much cheaper than damaging your TV.
September 26Sep 26 12 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:I am not sure that he is, because he may not be familiar with the system yet. If they throw him passes 5 yards deep in the backfield, like they tried with Lemon, I will kick the television set. OR Hurts may start doing his things, doing what he knows best, what works ...over riding OC calls. I believe we are 2-0 not due to our OC, but despite our OC. He may be a smart guy, but I do not see that it is working on the field. First down is a prime example. Go Eagles.The calls really haven't been bad this season. I don't think there's an Eagles fan with eyes that isn't frustrated with our screen game (for the last several years). It's such a simple play and most teams gain yards several times a game with that play. As bad as ours has been the 1st two weeks, I would scrap our version and do what other teams do. Execution can obviously be better too, but if the players are incapable of getting the timing right, disguising the call, or performing the necessary blocking, we need to just stop. Completing passes for a loss is as bad as a sack. I still think the big difference between Mannion's offense and the previous ones is that it no longer goes through just a couple people. Sirianni always said the passing game goes through Brown, Smith and Goedert. We are no longer limiting it to just 3 guys and everybody else is a blocker or decoy. If the line can hold up a little better, Hurts will probably start getting more passes to the role players.
September 26Sep 26 6 hours ago, brkmsn said:I don't think there's an Eagles fan with eyes that isn't frustrated with our screen game (for the last several years). It's such a simple play and most teams gain yards several times a game with that play. As bad as ours has been the 1st two weeks, I would scrap our version and do what other teams do.I mean what on earth are we even doing with that play? As you say most teams do it and it’s a quick gain, keep ahead of the sticks and have the slight possibility it breaks for a big gain. But us? We lose yards or at best gain nothing. The whole concept of the play is surely, get the ball out quickly, use your receivers to block and get up field fast? But we don’t even seem to have guys in there to block at all. It’s crazy.
September 26Sep 26 Author On 9/24/2026 at 2:47 PM, JohnB said:when do we expect Calcaterra back? He' shown promise over the last couple of yearsYou know people are getting desperate when they long for Calcaterra to return.
September 26Sep 26 Ertz return is a good move. He probably will play a smaller role than before, but can still be a receiving weapon, considering how thin the current TE room is. When DG returns, it is interesting to see if they both line up in the same play. Looking further ahead, they both are with limited playing years left. The rookie has not shown much yet. The receiving resource is very limited. Howie must take a serious afford to stuff the pipeline and soon.
September 26Sep 26 On 9/22/2026 at 6:26 AM, time2rock said:John Clark is reporting he may play Monday night. That would be huge.Gosh, he looks old. I feel like I should be helping him cross the street.
Create an account or sign in to comment