Foles asks eagles fans not to boo him (to much).

Uscg-green

Dont know if we can post links on this new board.....

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nick-foles-request-philly-return-please-dont-boo-me-eagles

I personally will never boo Foles. I will still root for the Eagles to win but I cant boo Foles . He brought us the ring. That means everything.  I know that goes against our standard op but this is the exception. Read the article. Man is a class act.

• Like 6

Nick Foles deserves a special place. What he did in the playoffs/ Super Bowl is nothing short of amazing. I still can't believe it. That being said I could never root against the Eagles or boo Nick Foles. 

• Thanks 1

If Nick ever plays against us,  the Eagles should put him in the Eagles Hall of Fame at halftime.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Boo the F out of him during

That's the answer for 99.99 percent of opposing players. It just doesn't seem right with Nick. 

• Like 1

The only way I could boo Foles is if he did something egregiously unsportsmanlike. And we all know, that ain't Foles.

• Like 1

I think I could boo him for a bit of fun. There wouldn't be any meaning behind it just a bit of fun to boo him as he's asked us not to.

:-)

When Reggie White came back to Philly in 1994, there were a couple signs shown in the crowd that echo a similar sentiment to Foles today. 

One read: ‘’#92, we love you, but not today’’. 
The other said: ‘’Thanks for the memories, but this is now’’. 

Will always love Foles and appreciate his role in us winning LII, but of course, the current Birds come first. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

When Reggie White came back to Philly in 1994, there were a couple signs shown in the crowd that echo a similar sentiment to Foles today. 

One read: ‘’#92, we love you, but not today’’. 
The other said: ‘’Thanks for the memories, but this is now’’. 

Will always love Foles and appreciate his role in us winning LII, but of course, the current Birds come first. 

I would say the only difference being Foles brought us our title. I mean on the way to the game where people are gonna boo him you gotta pass his statue lol. I mean I love him even more now cause hes like yeah i signed with the bears but my first love is being an eagle.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

I would say the only difference being Foles brought us our title. I mean on the way to the game where people are gonna boo him you gotta pass his statue lol.

I’m not even suggesting he should be booed. I’m just saying I understand people putting their love of the guy aside for a few hours. 

In 2009 and 2010, we had the returns of Dawk and McNabb. I was at both games, and both got huge ovations, but eventually the games kicked off, and the past was put aside. 

Don't think fans will boo the guy, with what he did for us. Maybe something light, if that, but that's it.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’m not even suggesting he should be booed. I’m just saying I understand people putting their love of the guy aside for a few hours. 

In 2009 and 2010, we had the returns of Dawk and McNabb. I was at both games, and both got huge ovations, but eventually the games kicked off, and the past was put aside. 

Exactly just boo the guy a little bit. He's expecting it and probably would get a kick oiyt of it. Some people take this sheet way to serious

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Quiet Boy said:

He deserves a Dawk like ovation for pregame. 

After that he is the opposing team's QB.

I still love me some Nick Foles but that's how I see it. Will always root for him when he's not playing the Eagles.

This. It's simple, pregame we love him, during game we hate him, if he beats us we kill him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly just boo the guy a little bit. He's expecting it and probably would get a kick oiyt of it. Some people take this sheet way to serious

I want the ability to like your likes

• Haha 1

We gave McNabb a standing O, why the hell would we give him anything less?  He actually delivered (and embraced the fans the enitre time).

• Like 4

There is no way I will ever boo Nick Foles. Dude out dueled Brady and helped bring the first SB to Philly. I can't boo him.

• Like 1

I would only boo him if he threw like 5 TDs against the Defense. 

Wait. I take that back. I would boo the Defense instead, for giving up 5 TD passes!!

• Like 2

He deserves a standing ovation.  There is a bronze statue of the guy outside the Linc.

But we don't play the Bears this year.  It's more likely than not that he never plays in Philly .

• Like 1

I would never boo Foles. 
if he starts for the bears against us then I’ll root against him for the game but that’s it. 

Can’t really see Foles getting booed. He likely gets cheered at the opening, but if he’s beating the Eagles it is they who would be booed. 

Yeah, he won't be booed. As long as there are fans in the stadium when Chicago goes to Philly, he'll get a standing ovation.

9 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Cheer him before and after the game.

Boo the F out of him during.

This would be me

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

This. It's simple, pregame we love him, during game we hate him, if he beats us we kill him. 

:roll:

Hell, when they announce his name, dust this off one more time:

• Like 4