Foles asks eagles fans not to boo him (to much).

Uscg-green

Nick gets it - period.  That said... he'll get booed if he does something to deserve it.  He hasn't done anything as an opposing player to earn the boos, and he's not left the team under circumstances where it would be warranted... like when Jayson Werth signed with the Nationals, or JD Drew refused to sign, or Scott Rolen forced a trade.   Those are the types of situations where former Philadelphia athletes get booed.  I don't think Rod Brind'Amour was ever booed after he left. 

Maybe I am missing something though.  Nick isn't on the 'boo' list.  He's on the beloved former Philadelphia athlete list.  BUT... he won't get any cheers DURING the game, no matter what he does. If he throws a TD, he might get some boos, but I'd think they'd be more directed at the defense than at Nick.

• Like 1

The only way i see him being "boo'd", is if he lights us up and we boo the defense.

• Like 2

If he ever starts a game against us which is unlikely imo they will do a tribute to him with a replay of the Philly Special. No matter how many times I've seen it (alot) it never gets old and I will give him a standing O because he deserves it.

In terms of character (not necessarily career stats), Foles should be held in a similar regard to the way we hold Brian Dawkins. Even when Dawkins signed with the Broncos, that didn't diminish our respect for him as a player. Especially since the FO made the decision to let him walk in free agency.

Foles played the game the right way, was a great leader, never caused an issue in the locker room, and of course, he got us our first Super Bowl win!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Who would boo him? :unsure:

I think we all should now just because he's raised it... 😁

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think we all should now just because he's raised it... 😁

Should we throw batteries at him too? 😯

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Should we throw batteries at him too? 😯

Throw everything you've got at him I say...

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Throw everything you've got at him I say...

Those trash Chicago fans will do that for us

Before game cheer MVP. During is up to the fans. Dude will always have a special place in my heart. 

I will give him a standing ovation if his name is called. He has a Statue at the Linc after all. 

Well since they dont announce the away teams QB its kind of impossible not to boo him as we boo the entire away team as soon as they come out of the tunnel. 

Now if they announce him separately like they did for Dawk when he came back to the Linc as a Bronco, Im sure he will get zero Boos.

I can actually see Foles getting a standing ovation every time he plays in Philly.

1 hour ago, Abracadabra said:

No guarantee Foles is the starter

I mean no there's not because he could be hurt. Otherwise he's the starter. And if he's not then that should end the Foles lovers brigade. 

Foles is untouchable. Id maybe punch the person next to me if I was at the game and they tried to boo Foles.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean no there's not because he could be hurt. Otherwise he's the starter. And if he's not then that should end the Foles lovers brigade. 

Yeah if he can't beat trubisky it might be time to hang it up. Maybe a position on the eagles staff for his post playing career?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Yeah if he can't beat trubisky it might be time to hang it up. Maybe a position on the eagles staff for his post playing career?

Exactly. I'd like my chances at beating out Trubisky.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly. I'd like my chances at beating out Trubisky.

Depends on what Foles shows up. The average game manager OR the Super Bowl MVP. When Foles is hot he is one of the best in the league. The problem is consistency.

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Depends on what Foles shows up. The average game manager OR the Super Bowl MVP. When Foles is hot he is one of the best in the league. The problem is consistency.

An average or poor Foles should still beat out Trubisky.

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

An average or poor Foles should still beat out Trubisky.

Very true.

As long as he throws passes to guys who are wearing Midnight Green, I won't boo him at all.  ^_^ 

On 4/22/2020 at 8:10 AM, Portyansky said:

Foles gets immunity for life!

Yep. Anyone booing him is an idiot.

On 4/22/2020 at 5:39 AM, EagleJoe8 said:

When Reggie White came back to Philly in 1994, there were a couple signs shown in the crowd.
One read: ‘’#92, we love you, but not today’’. The other said: ‘’Thanks for the memories, but this is now’’.  

I wonder what ever happened to "The Banner Guy" at the Vet?

One of the die-hard fans would take a giant roll of paper and write slogans & epithets & what-nots in large, bold & black letters and then hang them on the railing facing the main cameras so it'd be visible on TV. The only one I can recall was from 1998. The Eags were really bad that year which was what got Ray Rhodes fired & Andy Reid hired.

Our OC that year was Dana Bible. The banner read:    We May Have A Bible But We Haven't Got A Prayer."