This is Nonsense, Doug is delusional

Cochis_Calhoun

From Doug's presser according to NBC Sports Philadelphia.

"I thought Nate did well,” Doug Pederson said. "Wasn't perfect, but for his first start, he's a smart guy, and he graded well. As of right now as we move forward, we're going to continue to work him in there at right guard, and I think he'll get more and more comfortable the more reps he gets in there, and you know, works with [Jason] Kelce more and so again, it wasn't perfect, but really felt comfortable coming away with his performance.”

So there you go Nate Herbig is genuinely our starting Right Guard, there is no one on the roster better than him, we're absolutely royally top ten draft pick screwed.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

That pick will come in handy. We could use a right guard. 

Picks mean nothing when the guy making them can’t recognize talent.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

"I thought Nate did well,” Doug Pederson said. "Wasn't perfect, but for his first start, he's a smart guy, and he graded well. As of right now as we move forward, we're going to continue to work him in there at right guard, and I think he'll get more and more comfortable the more reps he gets in there, and you know, works with [Jason] Kelce more and so again, it wasn't perfect, but really felt comfortable coming away with his performance.”

So there you go Nate Herbig is genuinely our starting Right Guard, there is no one on the roster better than him, we're absolutely royally top ten draft pick screwed.

Can you imagine Herbig trying to block Aaron Donald? Next game might be ugly. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Remember when Doug said Groh and Walch were safe?  

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

That pick will come in handy. We could use a right guard. 

The pick will be a QB. Nobody wants to be a RG factory.

And, just think, in 2025, that pick might turn into a couple of high draft picks. more QBs! 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Picks mean nothing when the guy making them can’t recognize talent.

I do think Howie may have redeemed himself a bit with this year’s draft. Remains to be seen of course but I’m pretty optimistic about Reagor, Hightower and even Wallace. 

26 minutes ago, YubaEagle said:

And, just think, in 2025, that pick might turn into a couple of high draft picks. more QBs! 

:roll::roll:

As far as RG goes I switched to Axe a few yrs ago cuz it seemed all the retailers stopped carrying.

• Haha 2

I have a feeling Glenn will be back on site in the near future for a workout and if all goes well, will be signed to play LT for us (perhaps not this upcoming week as he gets up to speed and in football shape).  And when that happens, look for JP to slide back over to RG.  Once Lane returns that shouldn't be a train wreck of an OL.  

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I have a feeling Glenn will be back on site in the near future for a workout and if all goes well, will be signed to play LT for us (perhaps not this upcoming week as he gets up to speed and in football shape).  And when that happens, look for JP to slide back over to RG.  Once Lane returns that shouldn't be a train wreck of an OL.  

LOL

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Can you imagine Herbig trying to block Aaron Donald? Next game might be ugly. 

I saw a video of Donald in the Cowboys game manhandling two of their linemen at one time. Our line is in trouble and Wentz better learn real quick to get rid of that football or he won’t last the season. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I saw a video of Donald in the Cowboys game manhandling two of their linemen at one time. Our line is in trouble and Wentz better learn real quick to get rid of that football or he won’t last the season. 

The season? He won’t last through this next game if he doesn’t learn to get rid of the damn ball. 

• Like 3

I'm surprised Wentz made it through the last game still standing. 8 sacks! So no, Herbig wasn't good. Neither was the rest of the line for that matter!

1 hour ago, YubaEagle said:

There is a Right Guard factory.

th?id=OIP.9YDv7qwgqHVawqbTszl9DgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Doug is trippin, that should be Pryor's job.

Doug's ego has gotten too big since 2017. He now sees himself as a 4th down go for it svengali.  And, he doesn't know how to regulate himself based on certain situations. We are down 3 starting OL (going against one of the best front 4s in the league) and we have a 17-0 lead and we get the ball first in the 2nd half. Just take it to halftime and eat that clock. Then, in the 2nd half, see if you can build on the 17-0 lead. If Washington is down 17-0 in the 3rd, it puts a lot more pressure on Haskins because of less time to work with which could lead to mistakes. It's a big difference being down 17 vs. being down just 10 in the 3rd.  And, Doug said in the press conference that he basically would do it again.  So, there's no recognition of taking into account situations such as health and the quality of defense you are playing against. It's all about just wanting to do things the same all the time even if you don't have the resources to do it the same.  That is concerning.  Good coaching is based on adjusting to situations and putting your team in the best position to win.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, toolg said:

I'm surprised Wentz made it through the last game still standing. 8 sacks! So no, Herbig wasn't good. Neither was the rest of the line for that matter!

Herbig definitely wasn’t good. But I’m most irritated with JP actually. He played like a** too, right after getting done pouting his way into a reworked contract just because he has to switch from being a probably good right guard to a below average left tackle. 

16 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Doug's ego has gotten too big since 2017. He now sees himself as a 4th down go for it svengali.  And, he doesn't know how to regulate himself based on certain situations. We are down 3 starting OL (going against one of the best front 4s in the league) and we have a 17-0 lead and we get the ball first in the 2nd half. Just take it to halftime and eat that clock. Then, in the 2nd half, see if you can build on the 17-0 lead. If Washington is down 17-0 in the 3rd, it puts a lot more pressure on Haskins because of less time to work with which could lead to mistakes. It's a big difference being down 17 vs. being down just 10 in the 3rd.  And, Doug said in the press conference that he basically would do it again.  So, there's no recognition of taking into account situations such as health and the quality of defense you are playing against. It's all about just wanting to do things the same all the time even if you don't have the resources to do it the same.  That is concerning.  Good coaching is based on adjusting to situations and putting your team in the best position to win.

That’s easy to say in hindsight. If it had worked and he went up 24-0 before half, WTF probably doesn’t come back and we wouldn’t be having this convo. 

Doug is an aggressive minded coach. Always has been. This style is the reason we won the Super Bowl while Atlanta blew the lead and lost. I’ll never have a problem with him being aggressive. 

My problem always has been lack of lack of adjustment to the strength and weaknesses. If you saw the o-line getting obliterated, where were the QB roll outs? Where were the quick routes to take advantage of the constant blitz in the second half. That’s his issue. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Remember when Doug said Groh and Walch were safe?  

Honestly I actually think he thought it was true. 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

That’s easy to say in hindsight. If it had worked and he went up 24-0 before half, WTF probably doesn’t come back and we wouldn’t be having this convo. 

Doug is an aggressive minded coach. Always has been. This style is the reason we won the Super Bowl while Atlanta blew the lead and lost. I’ll never have a problem with him being aggressive. 

My problem always has been lack of lack of adjustment to the strength and weaknesses. If you saw the o-line getting obliterated, where were the QB roll outs? Where were the quick routes to take advantage of the constant blitz in the second half. That’s his issue.  Would 

In 2017 it seemed like they would make those adjustments. I can recall that being a thing for years when AR was here too. I guess we shouldn’t be too surprised when one of his disciples fails to do it as well.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly I actually think he thought it was true. 😂

Oh I completely agree.  It is just that you can't expect to believe anything our (or any for that matter) HC says.

• Like 1

This team is in a hole right now. 

A cap mess that means we can't be serious players in FA which is what Howie is actually pretty good at. 

A flawed roster which lacks quality depth and is facing a struggle this year. 

And potentially a high draft pick with a GM who doesn't draft well. 

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This team is in a hole right now. 

A cap mess that means we can't be serious players in FA which is what Howie is actually pretty good at. 

A flawed roster which lacks quality depth and is facing a struggle this year. 

And potentially a high draft pick with a GM who doesn't draft well. 

Yea we've had an aging core at several positions for yrs. Need to not only get young but competent

• Like 1