This is Nonsense, Doug is delusional

Cochis_Calhoun

3 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Yea we've had an aging core at several positions for yrs. Need to not only get young but competent

They need depth. Which means picking the right players in those later rounds that can actually develop in to decent players. Good solid and cheap depth. 

And then they need to hit on the early picks. And not freaking waste them like they did this year. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They need depth. Which means picking the right players in those later rounds that can actually develop in to decent players. Good solid and cheap depth. 

And then they need to hit on the early picks. And not freaking waste them like they did this year. 

If only that was only a 1 yr problem

Just now, NJWolverEagle11 said:

If only that was only a 1 yr problem

Cindy Jones is just another example. Although to be fair at the time I liked that pick. 

JJAW seems to be another. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Cindy Jones is just another example. Although to be fair at the time I liked that pick. 

JJAW seems to be another. 

Howie has built quite the resumé

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Howie has built quite the resumé

Oh another... Goedert. Looks like a fantastic player but there's no clear plan there really. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh another... Goedert. Looks like a fantastic player but there's no clear plan there really. 

I think there is a clear plan there and it's why Ertz is pissed and hasn't gotten an extension.

14 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

I think there is a clear plan there and it's why Ertz is pissed and hasn't gotten an extension.

Perhaps but they offered him an extension. 

1 hour ago, VeeMak said:

Rams defense might get 37 sacks on Sunday. 

But only 14 pressures, so will it really be that good of a performance? 

7 hours ago, YubaEagle said:

The pick will be a QB. Nobody wants to be a RG factory.

And, just think, in 2025, that pick might turn into a couple of high draft picks. more QBs! 

Just imagine all 11 starters are QBs. Teams will never know who's throwing the ball!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

From Doug's presser according to NBC Sports Philadelphia.

"I thought Nate did well,” Doug Pederson said. "Wasn't perfect, but for his first start, he's a smart guy, and he graded well. As of right now as we move forward, we're going to continue to work him in there at right guard, and I think he'll get more and more comfortable the more reps he gets in there, and you know, works with [Jason] Kelce more and so again, it wasn't perfect, but really felt comfortable coming away with his performance.”

So there you go Nate Herbig is genuinely our starting Right Guard, there is no one on the roster better than him, we're absolutely royally top ten draft pick screwed.

Well bar the bolded part his quotes aren’t that off the wall. But yes Nate Herbig didn’t do well by any metric on Sunday.

1 hour ago, EaglesIreland said:

Well bar the bolded part his quotes aren’t that off the wall. But yes Nate Herbig didn’t do well by any metric on Sunday.

The NFL is a Dilbert world.  You don't keep you job or get another if there's any hint of throwing management under the bus.  Howie has done a horrible job bringing in talent.  We all know that.  Everyone does.  Doug has to build up Howie's lousy choice as the back up OG.  If he said what he thought, that he couldn't play a lick, he'd get called on the carpet within the hour.  And no GM will hire a coach who threw his last GM under the bus

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weko said:

The NFL is a Dilbert world.  You don't keep you job or get another if there's any hint of throwing management under the bus.  Howie has done a horrible job bringing in talent.  We all know that.  Everyone does.  Doug has to build up Howie's lousy choice as the back up OG.  If he said what he thought, that he couldn't play a lick, he'd get called on the carpet within the hour.  And no GM will hire a coach who threw his last GM under the bus

Well bar a few HCs in the league it’s not the wise thing to do but it does make GMs very powerful. I think Howie has had his reputation renewed because he fixed the mess that Chip kelly(Dear god remember him ?) made and then left. You’d think the Texans would have learnt the lesson of not making a HC a GM but clearly not.

Signing jamon brown, promoting sua opeta - look at what they are doing, not what they are saying. Herby is definitely on very thin ice - might not even last on the roster through to the end of the year

The mystery disappearance of Pryor continues to be baffling

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

I have a feeling Glenn will be back on site in the near future for a workout and if all goes well, will be signed to play LT for us (perhaps not this upcoming week as he gets up to speed and in football shape).  And when that happens, look for JP to slide back over to RG.  Once Lane returns that shouldn't be a train wreck of an OL.  

Glenn would be an improvement but Pitt lost their RT last night so I can see them going after him too. As every week goes by the competition for Glenn will increase as injuries start to mount. 

9 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Glenn would be an improvement but Pitt lost their RT last night so I can see them going after him too. As every week goes by the competition for Glenn will increase as injuries start to mount. 

If his representation is asking too much, he won’t get signed here due to the need to roll over as much cap space into 2021 as possible.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwieagle said:

Signing jamon brown, promoting sua opeta - look at what they are doing, not what they are saying. Herby is definitely on very thin ice - might not even last on the roster through to the end of the year

The mystery disappearance of Pryor continues to be baffling

Pryor must be utter trash for him not to be in the lineup.

Once again, don't believe a word that comes out of Doug's mouth.

8 hours ago, Godfather said:

Doug is a dumb f

How many teams have you coached to a World Title?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madriver said:

Pryor must be utter trash for him not to be in the lineup.

Yeah that’s my read of it as well - all I meant was it’s surprising.

He wasn’t awful last year, he did got owned at LT in practice but there was nothing bad about him being written out of TC practices when he was playing RG and they were open to media. Maybe that day at LT has completely shot his confidence and he has carried that over back to G in the more recent practices which are behind closed doors.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nipples said:

I do think Howie may have redeemed himself a bit with this year’s draft. Remains to be seen of course but I’m pretty optimistic about Reagor, Hightower and even Wallace. 

Hightower looked overwhelmed Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

How many teams have you coached to a World Title?

He caught lighting in a bottle. It's happen before. He's average.