Eagles sign OG Jamon Brown

time2rock

Picked him up off Chicago's practice squad.  Forty-eight career starts with Atlanta, LA, and the Giants.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/15/eagles-sign-jamon-brown-off-bears-practice-squad/

His signing fills the last open roster spot after placing Curry and James on IR (and bringing up Opeta from the PS).

We are going to invent a new formation with 7 OL.   We will have 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and 7 OL with 2 of them lined up as a TE and WR.  Motion that OL that is lined out as a WR so he can immediately attack the middle of the pile.  3 guys will be assigned to Donald and he still will probably get through.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

We are going to invent a new formation with 7 OL.   We will have 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and 7 OL with 2 of them lined up as a TE and WR.  Motion that OL that is lined out as a WR so he can immediately attack the middle of the pile.  3 guys will be assigned to Donald and he still will probably get through.

6 OL. We will have 2 QBs.

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

How long until Brown gets injured?  :ph34r:

Paper laceration signing the contract.  MRI scheduled for Friday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Then day to day until the amputation in November. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Br3 said:

An O-lineman that even the Giants didn’t want? 

Was thinking the same thing

49 minutes ago, time2rock said:

How long until Brown gets injured?  :ph34r:

You mean he wasn't just from answering the phone??

Sounds like a keeper!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

Why not? There is another Philly athlete that is missing starts because of finger nail issues. 

Just now, vsptroops said:

Why not? There is another Philly athlete that is missing starts because of finger nail issues. 

🤣

2 minutes ago, kinger said:

Why not,  definitely have O line issues.  Might want to grab a TE  who can block  and use him as a FB.  

Swear I thought that's what Mailata would become.

I root for any scenario that doesn’t involve Peters at LT.  I want him to suffer the insult of getting moved off his spot after bending the Eagles over.

8 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

🤣

Swear I thought that's what Mailata would become.

Not too late for you to be right  !!!

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I root for any scenario that doesn’t involve Peters at LT.  I want him to suffer the insult of getting moved off his spot after bending the Eagles over.

He didn't bend them over,  he agreed to move but asked for more compensation when he had to move back.  He has done a lot for the Eagles over the years, I can't hate on him.

7 minutes ago, kinger said:

Not too late for you to be right  !!!

He didn't bend them over,  he agreed to move but asked for more compensation when he had to move back.  He has done a lot for the Eagles over the years, I can't hate on him.

That’s a hell of a way to look at it.

I look forward to him agreeing to move to either RG or the bench.

With all the wonderful things he's done for the Eagles, guess how many playoff games the Eagles have won with Peters at LT in his entire illustrious, HOF career.

• Thanks 1

Interesting that newly acquired Jamon Brown player LT for the Rams his rookie season (after having played there in college).  From "The Falcoholic”:

04125D8F-3B08-42FD-B66F-D91D9DB5DA62.png

14 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

That’s a hell of a way to look at it.

I look forward to him agreeing to move to either RG or the bench.

With all the wonderful things he's done for the Eagles, guess how many playoff games the Eagles have won with Peters at LT in his entire illustrious, HOF career.

I would like to see him a RG also, the answer to your question about Eagles playoff games Peters has won.......more than you and me combined.   

You can hate all you want but at age 38 he played every offensive snap last year.  Not many O lineman can say that.  

15 minutes ago, Wentzman said:

I honestly thought they would sign Glenn, i still think that's a better option

Same here.  Perhaps he is being unrealistic with what he thinks he is worth.  

22 minutes ago, kinger said:

I would like to see him a RG also, the answer to your question about Eagles playoff games Peters has won.......more than you and me combined.   

You can hate all you want but at age 38 he played every offensive snap last year.  Not many O lineman can say that.  

He most certainly did not play every offensive snap last year.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

He most certainly did not play every offensive snap last year.

You are right, I pulled data from a better web site that has game logs, profootball reference.  Peters played 92% of the 13 games he played in he got hurt against vikes and missed next 3 games.