Eagles sign OG Jamon Brown

time2rock

I don't really have an awareness of other team's practice squads, but the guy has starting experience.

With Herbig as our first  OG off the bench...and they knew he was starting last week...is there a reason he wasn't added last week.

1 hour ago, AspenEagle said:

His name in Spanish is literally "ham"

His name in Michael Jackson is Shamone!

4 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

We are going to invent a new formation with 7 OL.   We will have 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and 7 OL with 2 of them lined up as a TE and WR.  Motion that OL that is lined out as a WR so he can immediately attack the middle of the pile.  3 guys will be assigned to Donald and he still will probably get through.

Impossible as we don’t have 7 healthy o linemen

14 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

He's a fill in guy for the short term. Better than nothing but not here for long.

Camp body 

3 hours ago, kinger said:

You can hate all you want but at age 38 he played every offensive snap last year.  Not many O lineman can say that.  

No he did not

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I don't really have an awareness of other team's practice squads, but the guy has starting experience.

With Herbig as our first  OG off the bench...and they knew he was starting last week...is there a reason he wasn't added last week.

That is the question.  If they had started Pryor at RG and if we had kept a big back like that kid we got from the Bears and kept only one year, we would have won on Sunday.  Pryor can run block and with his experience would have to had picked up the stunts better.  The young guys at RG & RT started out ok.  Then Washington started running stunts at them and they had no clue.  It was pathetic.  The first game of the year and we start two guys with no experience.  And we have only 1 RB and in true Howie fashion, he's tiny.  No surprise we had no run game.  

Team mentioned Brown has played with Donald of the Rams and he may have good knowledge of the DT's tendency.  He may challenge for PT at G.

They have not signed Glenn yet.  With the rookie playing well at RT and Peters at LT, they may feel not pressed to sign a back-up OT.  The team also has Johnson coming back and Mailata on the bench.  They have a few options at OT for now. 

Penn7980, I believe you are right, but it couldn't hurt to have as much depth at all Oline positions including LT, a proven starter in Glenn maybe he wants too much $$$, really don't know 🤔🤔, baffles me???