Did Barnett Play Today

nicks

36 minutes ago, Br3 said:

That had zero to do with his ability to draft. 

Well first it was Chips fault. Then it was Douglas. Howie is just fine according to Lurie which is part of the problem

20 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

2 tackles. Even if Howie trades everyone for a bunch of picks I doubt he’s good enough to make the right choices.

That's what is so "hope killing" for me. We can't even get excited about draft picks, because we know what is pretty much going to happen. I am glad the eagles won a Super Bowl in my families life time, because we may never see another one with this FO in place. I feel like "Thank you, Howie and whoever for a Super Bowl, but.....NEXT!!"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eagles_All_Day said:

I get that. I thought they added some help in that area. I just don't want to lose GM of the year when he just need better scouts.

I think Howie is so power hungry he doesn’t want to hire someone who will threaten his job. He wants to be the man in control. That’s why any job in the Eagles FO is so undesirable. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, manz2821 said:

Well first it was Chips fault. Then it was Douglas. Howie is just fine according to Lurie which is part of the problem

First it was AR's fault.  Then it was Howie's fault during Chip's power play.  Then it was Chip's fault again.  Then Douglas.  

We'll see if Schwartz & ultimately Doug take the fall this time or if something finally sticks back on Howie.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Br3 said:

So the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 drafts all sucked. That’s 5 years of horrible drafting and y’all wonder why we are 0-2 heading for a top 5 pick which howie will use to trade back for a 2nd to draft a project guard and bag of potato chips. 

Fyp

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 6:05 AM, EazyEaglez said:

That’s some pathetic player selections. 

2019 is shaping up to be Sanders and nothing else...only 1 year later.  Sanders saves a C- grade for now. Otherwise it's an F like 2017

He’s been Derek Bustnett for a while now. People just didn’t want to accept it, constantly making excuses. I get it, hope is a powerful thing.  I wanted to hope too. But pretty early on I could see that he just didn’t have the physical tools to be a factor, consistently getting swallowed up by OTs.

Granted there have been other successful DEs that have overcome the lack of one physical gift or the other with technique or guile but Barnett hasn’t shown this. He’s far from the smart, wily player with his dumb offsides and personal fouls.  In fact, it’s just the opposite. He’s so way in over his head physically that his body is fighting back with one injury after another. 

He’s just not built to be a successful DE. You could see it from the start, he looked like a boy among men.  Even TEs have no trouble handling him one on one. 

I’m going to try to do some qualitative analysis on his Tennessee numbers. Did he rack them up against completely trash teams? Are they heavily skewed toward just a few games or are they evenly spread between all his opponents? Did he benefit from another exceptional talent on that line that commanded a ton of attention? Because right now any continued mention of this dude in the same breath as Reggie White is downright blasphemous. 

On 9/21/2020 at 8:29 PM, Road to Victory said:

I think Howie is so power hungry he doesn’t want to hire someone who will threaten his job. He wants to be the man in control. That’s why any job in the Eagles FO is so undesirable. 

That's certainly possible. Or maybe he's as good at selecting scouts as he is at selecting players.

• Like 2

Btw, howie should be demoted just for that stupid avery trade. A high schooler could have seen a 4th was way too much. 4th rounder are important for teams that are trying to pay for big second contracts for their starting qb.