Weekly line thread: Eagles -6 vs. Bengals

Hawkeye

Vegas never fails to taunt.

Eagles -6
Total: 46
Money Line: Eagles -295/Bengals +235

They fooled me this past week.  Never again.  Pass. 

• Like 2

I’d take the Bengals at -6. Real chance the Eagles lose outright, and if they win I think they just squeak it out. 

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the Bungholes. 

Can't wait to see Carson get outplayed by another rookie QB 🤣

The Bengals have a bad coach, a terrible O'line and a rookie QB who has dazzling talent but little prep with the team.
If the Birds lose this one it will be damning.

Something is way off about the Eagles.  Maybe it's the upcoming cap crunch creating uncertainty with direction of team, I dunno, but until they prove oterwise I wouldn't favor them against anybody.

18 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Something is way off about the Eagles.  Maybe it's the upcoming cap crunch creating uncertainty with direction of team, I dunno, but until they prove oterwise I wouldn't favor them against anybody.

Agreed.   This feels worse than some of the other slumps we've seen over the years.  

2 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

The Bengals have a bad coach, a terrible O'line and a rookie QB who has dazzling talent but little prep with the team.
If the Birds lose this one it will be damning.

Well the Bengals coach is the brother of the QA Guru Press Taylor so I'm sure he would have Burrow ready to go like his brother does with Wentz 🙂

6 hours ago, Birdman said:

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the Bungholes. 

Can't wait to see Carson get outplayed by another rookie QB 🤣

Seems like a safe bet to put your money on the opposition (regardless of who it is) right now after what we’ve seen from this team the last 2 weekends.  But I’m sorry, I am not in the "can’t wait to see” our highly paid 5th year QB get outplayed by a rookie QB yet again crowd ... it’s frustrating the living hell out of me.  

• Like 3

I don't think we are talented enough, especially on defense. We look like a 4 win team. So, will this be one of our 4 wins?  Not sure.  Nothing will surprise me in this game.

• Like 1

I got Bengals at +6.5 and I'll be honest I took it.

I think we might actually win this one (though that is based on previous years and not the last 2 weeks) but I don't think we win by more than a TD.

Eagles lose this one and its time to TANK the season and secure that HIghhhhhh draft pickk...................

17 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Eagles lose this one and its time to TANK the season and secure that HIghhhhhh draft pickk...................

But for what good? If Howie is in charge they will waste those high picks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But for what good? If Howie is in charge they will waste those high picks.

Surely Howie wouldnt be able to screw up a top 5 pick as the players at that level would be mostly hits..

The Bungles have lost by one score the first two weeks and one of them was against a team good enough to take the Chiefs to overtime. They were literally the 'couple of plays here and there' away that we tried to float in the pressers.

You have to take the Bungles at -6, unless you're a homer when betting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeep_man said:

Surely Howie wouldnt be able to screw up a top 5 pick as the players at that level would be mostly hits..

Howie would trade back for more picks so he can add to the QB factory. 

1 hour ago, Jeep_man said:

Wanna bet? Howie could absolutely screw it up. He'd trade back or he'd try to be too smart. He'd take a QB or a RB or something because he thinks he is smarter than everyone else.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Not true.  Go back over the last 20 years and look at the top 5 picks.  Then make a list of the true "hits". 

It will be a short list.

Ideally this would be a game similar to last year's Jets game where the pass rush comes alive. Cincy's offensive line is bad. Burrow was running for his life against the Browns all game. But this defense is also bad. I don't know if the Bengals have enough talent to take advantage of that though. They don't have a TE like Higbee to abuse our overmatched LB core. They do have a few WRs. Slay should be able to lock AJ Green down (who has looked good this year). Tyler Boyd is pretty good. He's had back-to-back 1000+ yard seasons. John Ross has underwhelmed but has speed. Higgins hasn't done much in his first two games. Mixon is good. Gio Bernard appears to be more of a pass-catching RB at this point in his career. He only has two carries to nine receptions this year. This should be an Eagles win but I expect the Bengals to cover.

Eagles might squeak the win by less than a TD. If they play West Coast possession short pass and run game and it can go over 46.  Burrows is not bad for a rookie, and has great pedigree. I say Eagles  27-24