Is Cincinnati the real test?

Portyansky

We haven't had one of.these in a while. 🤣

Seriously though, this is a team we should beat, hopefully be up enough in the 4th to let Hurts get some reps. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

This is a "get right" week. The first two games were disaster because they lost both, but it's not like they did everything wrong. This week, if they do everything they're supposed to do, they should win. The Bengals are weak at o-line, the Eagles should contain the run and tee off on a rookie QB. Force them into mistakes. The Eagles offense should have the weapons to carve up the Bengals defense. The best way to fix a struggling o-line is to let them block forward, don't be fancy. They should be able to control the LOS. A strong running game from Sanders and RBs will open up passing lanes. Ertz and Goedert, and Desean and Reagor should create matchup problems. If the gameplan doesn't work this week, it won't work against anybody.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah - the real test on how bad we SUCK

To see if we are just garbage or ish stained hot garbage

• Like 1

The OL, as bad as it is, seems to be coming together. From the little I saw on the replays (couldn't see the full game), they were actually giving Wentz a pocket and time to throw. If they can continue like that, it won't matter who's under center.

But Wentz more than anyone else, except for maybe Doug, is under serious pressure for this game. This is a team they should beat handily. Weak AFC team with a rookie QB should allow the DL to feast. Our RBs should light up the field if Doug and his braintrust can call some passing plays against that defense. YAC should be easy.

If they get outplayed by the Bengals, we are in deep trouble.

I'm not sure a team that's 0-2 that's played as badly as this team has for a game and a half can say any team is a team they should beat. 

Cincy are going to be tough. Burrow looks like a really really good young QB and we know he will drop back a lot despite being a rookie. 

I think this will be decided be a FG. It could go either way. I think it's too evenly matched teams that are at different stages. One is on the upward curve (they hope) the other isn't.

• Like 1

We got handed our arse for 37 unanswered by Washington and people are talking about Cincinatti like an easy win by a couple of scores, parts of this fan base are kidding themselves.  This is a big pressure game because if we can't beat Cincy (and it is a big old question mark at this point),  our season is various colors of brutal plus two games against the New York Giants.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

We got handed our arse for 37 unanswered by Washington and people are talking about Cincinatti like an easy win by a couple of scores, parts of this fan base are kidding themselves.  This is a big pressure game because if we can't beat Cincy (and it is a big old question mark at this point),  our season is various colors of brutal plus two games against the New York Giants.

That is what I keep saying. I keep seeing people act like this is so easy of a team to go against and yet.....they let washington come back and spank their arses....I will say again....this is NOT an automatic win.....

Wentz doesn't know overtime rule, 2020 Birds tie the Bengals. You heard it here first!

38 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Wentz doesn't know overtime rule, 2020 Birds tie the Bengals. You heard it here first!

So that means NFC Championship! 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Cincy always seems to have our number... Another L on the way 

I had to look that up.  Wow we're 3-9-1 against them all time.  haven't beat them in 20 years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=phi&tm2=cin&yr=all

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

With the way this team is playing now, Cincy is NOT an automatic win....sorry, not sorry....

Here i was thinking The Football team was the auto W. Now.. i see us as underdogs every game even with a healthy Wentz

• Like 1