Is Cincinnati the real test?

Portyansky

3 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Here i was thinking The Football team was the auto W. Now.. i see us as underdogs every game even with a healthy Wentz

Same here!!

if and that's a big IF the team wins , it will just be another game that reels us fans back in for future letdown. this coaching staff has allowed this team to get soft since the bowl.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Predicting Wentz to get benched by the 3rd qtr with Hurts era officially beginning vs the Bengals...

Not gonna happen. Remember how long the Eagles kept Hollins out there despite how bad he was? No way they have a short leash for Wentz. He’s there only chance to win. Hurts is at least a year away maybe even two from being an NFL quarterback. 

If we do not beat Cincy...Eagles might as well pack it in, and start Hurts for the remainder of the season. The second half of the season will be even more brutal.

Bengals have an excellent young QB.  Our LBs & Ss may be the worst in the league and Maddox is a slot corner playing out of position on the outside.  Cinn is going to be able to throw the ball and will score points.  Our O has to have a good game or we will be looking at 0-3.

I'm just surprised shocker is nowhere near this thread.  

#therealtest or #trapgame

Must be drunk on Henny or too busy watching Masterpiece Theater.

historically speaking, we don't fare well against the Bengals. it's really weird. 

1 hour ago, Green_Guinness said:

I'm just surprised shocker is nowhere near this thread.  

#therealtest or #trapgame

Must be drunk on Henny or too busy watching Masterpiece Theater.

I think he went so far down the wrong path of thuggishly misspelling words that he spontaneously combusted.  I'm pretty sure he spelled "the" "thuh" earlier.  It's a lotta work to be him.  

Head Explode Weird Al Yankovic GIF - HeadExplode WeirdAlYankovic SpyHard -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What would you do with the first overall pick next year? 😁

I mean, if that happens, where is the team at?  Would they be looking at the lost season and say "its time for a full rebuild"?

Lets say they do and go full fire sale.  They make bold moves and send off Cox, Ertz, Ghramn, Jackson(s), etc.  Barnett would even be a logical move, still young, still on a rookie contract with the option exercised.  If they do that, then there are a LOT of options at the top.  I could see them going Dline in that scenario then oline in round 2

But then again, I doubt that happens.  Howie doesn't seem like the type to blow things up, rather, make some moves and point to them as wins.

28 minutes ago, paco said:

I mean, if that happens, where is the team at?  Would they be looking at the lost season and say "its time for a full rebuild"?

How can this be anything other than a full rebuild? If they get a top 10 pick I'm sorry but this needs a full rebuild. In fact it needs a full rebuild almost no matter what. 

Nah the real test was Washington and we failed miserably 

5 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Nah the real test was Washington and we failed miserably 

The real test was the draft every year for the last few years. They failed miserably there too.

• Like 1

Should be a W.  But we will also probably see how efficient Burrow is with the ball while Wentz is not.  I joke with my sons sometimes, would you trade Wentz for Burrow?

On 9/24/2020 at 9:22 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How can this be anything other than a full rebuild? If they get a top 10 pick I'm sorry but this needs a full rebuild. In fact it needs a full rebuild almost no matter what. 

If we get a top 10 pick (which I actually don't think we will), then it's a rebuild whether we want to acknowledge it or not.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

If we get a top 10 pick (which I actually don't think we will), then it's a rebuild whether we want to acknowledge it or not.

It should be a rebuild even if we don't. 

On 9/22/2020 at 5:12 PM, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Wentz doesn't know overtime rule, 2020 Birds tie the Bengals. You heard it here first!

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 3